Butchers (2020)

Discussion in 'General' started by sinister, Feb 20, 2021.

1. sinister

sinister Active Member

I mentioned this over in the "Wrong Turn - Remake" thread but I think it deserves a thread of its own, so here's the trailer :

OK so we've seen it all before, there's definitely nothing new here, but it's well made and acted and has some nice shots and good pacing and tension. For me about 10x better than the new "Wrong Turn" movie, while having a similar "Teens in backwoods peril" theme.

russweiss likes this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

WOW! 10 x better than Wrong Turn! You must of hated that or really liked this?

I thought 'butchers' was ok, nothing great but watchable. I groaned at the ending though.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The DVD was supposed to come out last week, but retailers never got stock. My order is just sitting in limbo.

4. sinister

sinister Active Member

Haha, yeah, I guess it's technically only twice as good as Wrong Turn as I rated that 3/10 and Butchers is more like a 6 or maybe 7/10.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I thought it was fine I guess. It's super generic backwoods slasher fare. When it was over, I shrugged and moved on with my life. I wasn't super enthusiastic about the new Wrong Turn, but I found it a lot more memorable than this.