Brentwood 4 Packs vs. 10 Packs

Discussion in 'General' started by JW77, Apr 23, 2003.

1. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

I've yet to take a dip into the Brentwood waters, but the lure of the third and fourth Blind Dead films has gotten me.

Now, the two films are both available on "Deadtime Stories" and seperately on "Pray for Death" and "Horror Rises from the Grave." These are the two I'm most interested in now, but if I enjoy the Brentwood collections, I'll be getting more.

The ten packs contain two more movies for the same price as two four-packs, and it looks like most of the content is repeated between the four and ten packs with little duplication or omission.

But the four packs have generally better cover artwork than the ten-packs -- in fact, with a couple of exceptions, the four packs have far superior artwork to the ten-packs. And, from a collection standpoint, the four packs have a stronger thematic cohesiveness, whereas the ten-packs seem like a bunch of random horror movies lumped together in a giant case.

Which do you guys prefer?

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Well obviously the 10 packs are more bang for the buck, but I tend to buy the 4 packs for $8.99 because I'm usually only interested in 1 or 2 titles from the 10 packs.

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I agree with Savinifan. I bought both Horror Rises and Pray for Death for the Blind Dead films. I love the Horror Rises set, but Pray for Death sucks, other than Blind Dead 4, so if there is another set that has it, I'd opt for the alternative.

4. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I love both, the Brentwood 4 Film DVD Sets, and the 10 Film DVD Sets. It really depends on the films in the Set when I buy them, if I'm only interested in a few films on the 10 Film Set, then I'll go with the 4 Film Set.

However, I will be picking up the new Brentwood DVD Set, "Deadtime Stories". The 10 Film DVD Set also has NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR with Cameron Mitchell, NIGHT OF THE DEATH CULT, FANGS OF THE LIVING DEAD, the 80's Slasher film MEMORIAL VALLEY MASSACRE with the Great Cameron Mitchell, and THE SEVERED ARM!! These films make the 10 Film Set worth it for me.

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I have a few of these sets on hold by someone here. I'm looking forward to checking them out. They might not be top quality, but it's better than watching TV.

6. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

I usually just get the 10 packs. It seems to be cheaper for me to buy them this way. If you buy the 2 4 packs it will cost more than just getting the 10 pack.

7. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

I've got all 4 of the 10 packs. They're way worth it to me.

8. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

your best bet is to stick with the 10 disc sets. that is if your like me and trying to get a collection.