Bob Clark Killer Sentenced

Discussion in 'General' started by VideoViolence, Oct 17, 2007.

1. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Yes - what you wrote was: "Well he'll be getting three meals a day and free room and board. I bet thats more than he expected when he jumped the Rio Grande to get here."

Which does indeed sound so to me. :)

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

So I guess none of you have ever driven home when you probably shouldn't have?

you guys must be all saints. I personally have never met anyone that can say they have never done that. Yes he should be in jail. It was irresponsible and reckless but calling it murder is bit much.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Seems like a light sentence to me, as I had a friend that was killed by a drunk driver and the drunk was sentenced to 16 years. Of course the offender was also shooting at houses from his van,and being chased by the police when he ran into her, but still.... The guy deserves a harsher sentence.:fuck:

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

He was drunk off his ass, he smashed his SUV into them and killed them dead. Sounds like murder to me.

If you want to drink, fine. I don't do it, but I could care less if someone else does if they do it responsibly and don't breathe on me. However, to get behind the wheel of an automobile in an impaired state is just not excusable, especially in this day and age. You know better. You are constantly reminded of it. Zero tolerance for that nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Would it be OK if he was just a little bit drunk?

I don't condone drinking and driving at all and I haven't done it since i was a teen. I just don't see why he should be in jail for life and I and everyone I now should be walking free. Why because we were lucky to not hit anyone?

What if he wasn't drunk and just speeding, You know that speeding is a risk that could cost your life or someone else's. So it's really the same thing and what about driving when you know your tired, using a cell phone, eating or just not paying attention. We know all of these things can result in tragedy but we still do them.

We have all done these things, the only difference is we weren't caught or hit anyone. 6 years may not be enough but if you want to give him life you need to look in the mirror.

6. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

What a depressing sentence. I do not agree with the criminal that it was as easy as "an accident." It's so easy not to kill someone with a vehicle when you are drunk: don't drive (especially at 3 times the legal limit, holy hell). He chose to drive drunk; he chose to drive drunk on a highway, of all places. He was a threat to everyone on that highway as a result of his choice.

That said, I am no saint by any means, but now I have taxi info loaded into my cell in case I choose to fall further from sainthood, which I do occasionally without being an asshole somehow ;). I'd rather pay a $40 cab fare than risk killing someone; I don't think that's a grandiose statement.

What a horrible outcome, both in the consequences and in the punishment. Everyone who drinks makes mistakes with alcohol, but when you compound poor choice upon poor choice coupled with multiple fatalities, it makes such a punishment difficult to understand.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

We have NOT all done these things. I am pretty sure most of us know better by this point.

The only difference between an average drunk driver and this guy is luck, nothing more. Want to not be him? Call a taxi or have a sober friend driver your ass home.

I am not saying take him out back the jail and shoot him (although..), I am just saying we are way too easy on drunk drivers and it makes me sick. I think we need to change laws and to add more to the process of getting a license. If you're drunk and shoot someone you are likely going to be held responsible for murder, but if you mow them down with a car not so much? Makes no sense to me.

8. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

He's an illegal and he got off with a light sentence. Oh my, I'm completely surprised. :rolleyes:

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No, we all haven't. Drinking and driving is idiotic, plain and simple.

10. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I agree with this. It wasn't, in my mind, an "accident". What he did was akin to firing bullets into a crowd, and if one kills someone, calling it an accident. As soon as he started the car drunk, the chances of an "accident" increased many fold. Some might say - at three times over the limit - the chances were "likely".

11. Slow

Slow Guest

Amen.

I really cannot stand people who use the "We have all done it" argument because no we are not all idiotic criminals who do idiotic things. This man deserved way more than he got.

And stepping into a car when you are drunk, knowing the dangers, is clear enough INTENT for me.

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Say hello to another person that has never driven drunk. It's not as common as you think.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

And no one your close to has ever done it either?

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Now you are going in another direction. I'm sure most of us as adults have known someone who has done it, but I seriously doubt that the majority of people have. My bet would be on most people being smart enough not to.

15. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

what the fuck? so you're saying every drunk driver is intent on killing someone when they step into a car drunk?

16. onebyone

onebyone Guest

They are intent on risking other people's lives to possibly get home in an easier and quicker fashion, so yes, they are showing clear disregard for human life to me.

Of course, you were talking to Slow, so maybe I should have left that to her.

17. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Yeah I really need to get over my hatred of people who come here illegally and cripple our resources (and kill our directors) :lol:

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I didn't mean that everybody who gets drunk turns into an asshole, I meant that everyone who drinks to get drunk is an asshole. I can have plenty of fun without getting drunk, so I see drinking as a pointless activity, unless of course you like the taste and you aren't drinking to get drunk. But the smell and taste of most alcoholic beverages makes my stomach turn.

19. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i think the intent is different to say someone who walks into someone's home with a loaded gun.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I don't. Driving into me with a loaded SUV is going to kill me just as well. Drunk and shoot someone with a gun, you are guilty of first degree murder. Drunk and mow them down with a car and you are not? Don't buy it for a minute.

"I am going to kill person A" and "I know damn well that I might kill some random person if I do this, but fuck it, I am not springing for a taxi" are close enough to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007