Bob Clark Killer Sentenced

Discussion in 'General' started by VideoViolence, Oct 17, 2007.

1. I grabbed this off of http://www.imdb.com but the news might be gone by the time you get there. Anyway, here it is:

The driver responsible for the car crash which killed filmmaker Bob Clark was sentenced to six years in prison on Friday. Hector Velazquez-Nava was jailed in a Los Angeles court after pleading no contest to two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated. Prosecutors claim Velazquez-Nava was drunk when he steered his sport utility vehicle into the wrong lane of Pacific Coast Highway in April, striking Clark's vehicle.

The A Christmas Story filmmaker and his son, Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, died at the scene. Mexican Velazquez-Nava, who was found to be three times over the state's legal alcohol limit at the time of the incident, gave his sympathies to the director's family as he was sentenced. He said: "I want to ask for forgiveness to the families of the persons who died in this accident. I feel very sad about what happened. It was never my intention to harm anyone. It was simply an accident."

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Drunk drivers get away with murder, literally. Bet he's out in an even more obscenely short amount of time. Makes me sick. Simply an accident my ass.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Seems pretty light for two deaths AND all the pain that came with those deaths.
    Rest in Peace,gentlemen.

4. sundownrider

sundownrider Guest

That's the good old US LAW in full force there eh? Dude gets a hand slap for murdering 2 people? Sheesh what a day and age we live in when we no longer need guns to commit murder. :fire:

I'm willing to bet the dude only serves 1 year.

5. This news makes me sick as well. This sentence is way too light. Someone should nail this guy in the head with a tire iron, several times.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I personally think this guy should be in prison for life. And I'm not just saying that because he killed one of my favorite directors--that should go for anyone who kills while drunk driving. Getting drunk is a lame enough thing to do, but getting drunk and deciding to drive is even more lame. And if that person kills someone, well yeah, it's an accident... but it is an accident that could have been prevented if that idiot had stayed as far away from a vehicle as possible while intoxicated. Better yet, he shouldn't have gotten drunk at all. Drunk people are assholes.

7. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I know nothing about this case or the situation around it.. but there is a difference between a drunk driver killing someone and a person walking into another persons house and firing his gun into them 10 times, killing them.. the difference is intent. I'm not sure the impact this should have to the sentencing, but it should have some impact.

8. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i love bob clark, he was one of my favorite directors, he will be surely missed

and they should hang that drunk driver up by his balls........

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

He only got 6 years? Pathetic.

10. Such a tragedy all around. Hopefully Mr. Velazquez-Nava can truly comprehend the consequences of his actions and find a way to make a positive impact with the rest of his life.

11. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

He should have his citizenship revoked! Oh, nevermind.

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    He should get life or DEATH for that matter!

13. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I agree six years is light. Too light.

I don't agree the guy should be killed or lose his life over this, nothing is gained by doing so.

And I don't agree that all drunks are assholes. Perhaps all drink-drivers, but not all people who drink alcohol and are having a good time. No more than someone can blame a gun for murder, can you blame the beer he was drinking. I like drinking, and we all feel the affects of alcohol. I don't have an issue with that.

But then getting into a car - yes. Killing two innocent people - yes.

14. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Well he'll be getting three meals a day and free room and board. I bet thats more than he expected when he jumped the Rio Grande to get here.

15. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

How very xenophobic. I'm sure Bob Clark doesn't care it was someone from another country.

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I hate to veer off topic, but if you drink you're lame and an asshole? Ouch.

17. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

1.) He got drunk and drove.
    2.) He killed not one, but two, people.
    3.) He manages to essentially get 2 years for each offense stated above.

Not fair.

18. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Sometimes I like to get drunk, or get buzzed a little... I've always been told I'm really mellow. I've never been told that I'm an "asshole." Kind of a broadsided comment... :lol:

19. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

The man was an illegal in this case. How very xenophobic of me to point that out. :lol:

20. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Uh...THAT'S IT?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????