Blue Sunshine

Discussion in 'General' started by Eddie Quist, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Ah, I stand corrected! I didn't know about the discount. Was that added during check out?
    I'm in Europe muyself, so no discount for me.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yes, I don't think it applies any discount until you enter your address/country on the final checkout pages.

3. Katatonia

I just received a shipment email from them + the tracking number, so they are already shipping in line with the release date of tomorrow...

4. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Have you received your copy yet? I'm curious to know how long the shipment takes to get the the US. I've gleaned from various clues that a)my wife ordered this for me for Christmas probably over a week ago and b)the package has not arrived and there have been no tracking updates since the first notice.

5. Katatonia

Not yet... it shipped on December 2nd, but no movement since the 3rd on the tracking when it left Germany. It probably won't show an update until it's Inbound at Customs in the US.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I think Germany's postal service may be as bad or worse than ours. I ordered two movies which were shipped on November 9th with no tracking information since that day. I've had a few packages from the UK which arrived within two weeks.

Katatonia likes this.
  7. Katatonia

I actually have 3 packages right now that originated from Germany. 2 of them are now in the USA (per tracking) and should arrive to me anytime now... it's just this one that's still a little late.

8. delicreep

The day after I posted, my wife got two notifications in quick succession, one of which had update tracking info. Looks like I'll get my copy on the 29th.

9. delicreep

My copy of Blue Sunshine arrived on the 28th, a day early. I had chosen cover B and received #462 out of 500, plus the magnet. I've got a ton of stuff in my view pile, but I think I will put Blue Sunshine at the top--first time viewing. Right after I finish revisiting Basket Case.

Angelman and Zombie Dude like this.
  10. Katatonia

Mine arrived earlier today, finally. Shipped took almost 5 weeks from Germany, but it arrived safe and sound.

I received #267 of 500 (Cover B exclusive) and the bonus "magnet" was also included in the box.

Just scanning through the included Blu-ray disc, the transfer looks superb. Nice natural grain and strong colors. I'll have to pull out my old Blu-ray from 2016 and compare, but just based off memory... this should easily beat that transfer. I'll definitely be keeping that edition just for the Soundtrack CD and all the extra bling items in it.

Edit: Detailed screen comparisons are up for the 4K UHD vs. the older Blu-ray release:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=16992&d2=16991&c=6355

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022