battle royal question

Discussion in 'General' started by Surnom, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Surnom

Surnom New Member

I just watch Battle Royal, and loved it, but I did not exactly understand why there was that BR act - the guy says it's because, basically, of bad kids mocking adults, but is there any more info on this?

2. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

The plot isn't really that thick. It's supposedly a way to show these kids who's still in charge of the world. It's just another way to write in a "Most Dangerous Game" type device. Don't pick it apart too much.

3. Hmm... Never thought this was too hard to figure out. :confused: Did you have the subtitles on?

4. Surnom

Surnom New Member

Yeah, I got that, but was just wondering if there was, like, a historical background to it, like maybe some Tianamen-type manifestation or something (I know this is a Japanese movie, and Tianamen is in China, but you get the point...). Guess I was looking too much into it. Great movie anyway.

5. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I believe the director has stated several times that he made the film as an antithesis to the way children are treated in Japan. He's full of shit! Having lived in Japan for some time, obtaining a first hand view of the moral decline of their youth, I believe it was a parental call to arms.

6. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

you should read the novel,they changed many things in the film

7. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I have been reading the manga series as they've been translated. They are on Volume 10 so far. It's a different group of kids. Cool read and they're available everywhere, as is the english translation of the novel.

8. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

There is a thing that I still don't know why Kinji did that. He kills Kitano, three seconds later he gets up like nothing has happened, sits down, eats a cookie, says: They were good", and then dies again. What the hell was all that about?

9. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Asian Section.