Battle Of The Corporate Video Rental Stores

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Grim, Mar 23, 2003.

?

Which is better?

1. BlockBuster

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Hollywood

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Which is better? BlockBuster or Hollywood video? I prefer Hollywood, as they tend to have more obscure titles than BlockBuster.

2. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Blockbuster becuase in Canada we don't have Hollywood.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Hollywood, here's why.
    Better selection.
    5 days even on new releases.
    NEVER tryed charging me late fees on movies that weren't returned late!
    FUCK BB, they can burn in hell and I'll never rent from them again!

I usually go to another place in town called Liberty Street Video. They have an even better selection and Un-rated versions when available! So what if they cost $.50 more and you only get 3 days? Un-cut is the way to go, and they're not corporate Nazis like the other stores!

4. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I don't have a Hollywood Video and I hate BlockBuster, so...Video Warehouse. They still have their old horror VHS tapes so they are cool by me.

5. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Blockbuster...they are very plentyful around where I work.

6. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I choose not to vote here. I haven't rented from a Blockbuster in 7 years, I'm not starting now especially when there's a kick ass indie rental just a mile or so away.

7. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

People still get in their cars and drive back and forth to video rental shops? :sleepy:

Netflix

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    All the corporates are pretty much the same. You just go to the one closest to you. I don't have any choice, but Blockbuster. There's only 1 private owned near me, and he carries no dvds, which is what I rent, if I rent.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I vote niether I go to Movie Play if I have to rent something. Usually I just try to find and buy the damn thing if I really want to see it. ;)

10. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

blockbuster for me. they have pretty nice people compared to the jerks at my local hollywood.

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Wow, so I guess each store is different. I guess you just can't lump em as a whole.

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Hmmmm...... the lesser of two evils. I went with Hollywood since I have such an unbridled hatred for Cockbuster.

13. probably neither one while hollywood has blockbuster beat in movies blockbuster has hollywood beat in games I always go to hollywood to see for new games but not as many as blockbuster has but hollywood is the place to go for movies.

14. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Hollywood is 10x better than Blockbuster!

They actually have UNRATED films, some Eurohorror, many Anchor Bay titles, a good foreign film section also.

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

No Hollywood's near me, so Blockbuster. We used to go there sooooo much. I'd get at least 3 movies a week (in the summer probably closer to 8), but now I go there once in a blue moon. Pretty much only with my girlfriend to rent stuff. I HATE renting DVDs though, it just pisses me off. 90% they're fucked up, which is why I still think VHS's are much better to rent. VHS was made for the average Joe to toss around his house and do whatever with. With DVD's, the smallest things can (and do!) fuck them up. Thus the reason I never rent DVD's. Plus it's a lot of fun to see the huge improvements from VHS to DVD if you eventually buy it.

16. John

John Guest

I went with Hollywood. They seem to have a few titles that BBV is too reluctant to carry. I would honestly try and find a Mom & Pop video store first.

17. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I work at Blockbuster so I do most renting there. But only because it's free. If I had to pay for rentals I'd go with Hollywood video though. Way better old horror VHS section. I'd actually rather work there too, but they don't want me.

18. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Why rent when you can buy?

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I totally agree... Hollywood all the way! If it weren't for them, I might have never seen Hospital Massacre!

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This is why I agree... Hollywood has older and rarer VHS titles. I would also find a good mom & pop store before I would go to a chain.