Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.
What makes the over the edge an Arrow store exclusive? The slip cover? Zavvi has it for sale, too.
Yeah, the Slipcover is the only difference exclusive to the Arrow shop.
I ordered it, but as always the reverse cover is way better.
Yeah a lot of their covers have been just awful lately.
***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
UK/US/CA TITLE: Weird Wisconsin: The Bill Rebane Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray)
Discover the first ever collection of works by Bill Rebane, the epitome of an independent regional filmmaker who built his own studio in the wilds of Wisconsin. Bringing together six films and loaded with new interviews and extras, Weird Wisconsin: The Bill Rebane Collection is an essential collection of features from one of America’s most tenacious outsider auteurs!
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Six Bill Rebane films, all newly restored from the best surviving film elements: Monster A Go-Go (1965), Invasion from Inner Earth (1974), The Alpha Incident (1978), The Demons Of Ludlow (1983), The Game (1984), Twister’s Revenge (1988).
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations on 4 Blu-ray discs
• Original uncompressed mono audio for all films
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Straight Shooter, a multi-part interview with director Bill Rebane about the making and release of each film in the set
• Who is Bill Rebane? A definitive brand new feature length documentary by historian and critic David Cairns, featuring contributions from filmmakers, fans, historians, critics, and the cast and crew who worked with Bill Rebane [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
• Fully illustrated 60-page collector’s booklet featuring extensive new writing by historian and critic Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of Exploitation Independents [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
• Reversible poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
• Reversible sleeves featuring newly commissioned artwork for each of the films by The Twins of Evil
DISC ONE – MONSTER A GO-GO + INVASION FROM INNER EARTH
• Straight Shooter Part 1 and Part 2, two newly filmed interviews about the making of Monster A Go-Go and Invasion from Inner Earth with director Bill Rebane
• Brand new interview with historian and critic Kim Newman about the films of Bill Rebane
• Twist Craze, and Dance Craze, two early short films by Bill Rebane
• Kidnap Extortion (1973), a newly restored industrial short directed by Bill Rebane
• Stills and Promotional Gallery
DISC TWO – THE ALPHA INCIDENT + THE DEMONS OF LUDLOW
• Straight Shooter Part 3 and Part 4, two newly filmed interviews about the making of The Alpha Incident and The Demons of Ludlow with director Bill Rebane
• Rebane’s Key Largo, a brand new visual essay by historian and critic Richard Harland Smith
• The Alpha Incident original trailer
• The Demons of Ludlow original trailer
• Stills and Promotional Gallery
DISC THREE – THE GAME + TWISTER’S REVENGE
• Two presentations of The Game (aka The Cold) in 1.85 and 1.33 aspect ratio
• Straight Shooter Part 5 and Part 6, two newly filmed interviews about the making of The Game and Twister’s Revenge with director Bill Rebane
• Discovering Bill Rebane, brand new presentation by historian & critic Stephen R. Bissette about his personal connections with the films of Bill Rebane and their importance to regional film making in America
• The Game original trailer
• Twister’s Revenge original trailer
• Stills and Promotional Gallery
DISC FOUR – WHO IS BILL REBANE? (2021) + BONUS
• Who is Bill Rebane? Exclusive new feature length documentary by historian and critic David Cairns on the life and work of the Wisconsin auteur, featuring historians, critics, filmmakers, plus cast and crew members who worked with Bill Rebane
• King of the Wild Frontier a new almost two-hour impassioned conversation with historian and critic Stephen R. Bissette about the films of Bill Rebane
• Invasion from Inner Earth outtakes from the shoot
• The Alpha Incident outtakes from the shoot
• The Demons of Ludlow outtakes from the shoot
• The Giant Spider Invasion original trailer
• Gallery of Behind the Scenes stills
• Stills and Promotional Galleries for the rest of Rebane’s filmography
Extras subject to change
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: https://bit.ly/3kMWoAi
Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: https://amzn.to/3bfpKUV
Pre-order in the UK via Zavvi: http://bit.ly/3kNoxaA
Pre-order in the UK via HMV: http://bit.ly/38fdOk7
Pre-order in the US via DiabolikDVD: https://bit.ly/38fdphL
Pre-order in Canada via Unobstructed View: https://bit.ly/38eeTbR
Amazing! I never expected a Bill Rebane boxset to be worked out, especially since I heard he's a stickler about his rights, etc. ! I am all over this! Twister's Revenge in HD?!?! YES PLEASE!
It's funny, having seen some of Rebane's more notorious films I thought I had a good handle on his repertoire, but I'd never even heard of the bulk of these films.
I'm curious with Monster a Go-Go, and its troubled production, what version we're getting. Didn't Rebane say that he had other unused footage? Not just footage that H.G. Lewis discarded but footage Lewis didn't even have because it came back from the film lab to Rebane direct or something? I think he said the original ending was actually film but Lewis didn't use it (for whatever reason). I had something of a dim hope an "original cut" could be cobbled together but if Arrow's not going to do it nobody will.
Wish that The Capture of Bigfoot could have been included in the Rebane collection. Still plan to buy this set regardless.
A Bill Rebane set with no Rana: The Legend of Shadow Lake? Damn, I would have bought the set for that movie alone (don't take that as a recommendation, I haven't seen it - it just piques my interest). I wonder if someone else has it...?
It looks very cheesy.
As opposed to other Bill Rebane movies?
I'm mostly just waiting for Bill to go on another online rant and call Arrow bootleggers.
I think the right to both Rana and The Capture of Bigfoot are controlled by Troma. "Baron" Rebane is somewhat notorious for refusing to acknowledge other parties' legal ownership of his films, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor in their omission from the set.
I'm curious if OCN / Vinegar Syndrome will be doing the scans or not.
Yeah, Rana is with Troma as they released it under the re-title of "Croaked: Frog Monster from Hell"
Wow, that is a terrible title.
Those films will probably be horrible but I've always wanted to see The Cold so I'm in...
the moment that I can pre-order it on Amazon, which is on the release date itself (i'm in Europe)
Oh no, let’s hope this doesn’t mean that we will mostly get arthouse movies on the label going forward...
Did The Invisible Man Appears come with a slip cover? Mine came from BullMoose with the stickers pulled off which is weird so I was just wondering. I'm not seeing anything that said it did have a slip cover while other Arrow limited releases did.
It's supposed to have a booklet, but I don't think it was supposed to have a slipcover.