any suggestions for...

Discussion in 'General' started by PELOQUIN, Apr 21, 2003.

1. PELOQUIN

PELOQUIN New Member

A movie that ressemble DAGON, cause id like almost everything in that movie except the acting. i liked the atmosphere, creatures and some visual stuff. im no Gordon Stuart fan but this one was more serious, i really love re-animator but the funny part gets on my nerves at some point. so i was wondering if they are some movies that have that same approch out there. cause lets face it DAGON is a movie made for horror fan!

2. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

Check out From Beyond. It's made by Stuart Gordon too but its not as cornball as ReAnimator. Barbara Crampton gets down in some black leather lingerie in that one. Its also got Ken Foree from Dawn Of The Dead in it. Great movie.

3. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

She Creature.

4. PELOQUIN

PELOQUIN New Member

wow, she creatures looks really nice!

Thx,:D

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I haven't seen any, I find it interesting that you focus more on Gordon than Lovecraft, but oh well... There really aren't any Lovecraft movies that really work beyond Dagon and Re-Animator (From Beyond is fun, but not a must have IMO)... I'd suggest you track down some of The Lurker in the Lobby tapes, they contain short films based on Lovecraft's work and since they are fan-made, they work on a few levels. I'm suspicious that the Japanese take on The Shadow Over Innsmouth also is a kickass film, but unfortunatly there aren't any copies available domestically. (and even in Japan from what I can gather, only in bootleg circles which I can't find). :cry:

6. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I'm still working on getting a copy of the Japanese version. It's actually an episode from a Japanese TV horror series called Virus. There is an orginal VHS copy at the station and I have a friend who works at that station who is working on getting a copy for me. It may take a while but he always pulls through.

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Still looking forward to that, keep us posted!