Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gore

gore Guest

Im greatful for what they have brought to us, for the most part. But Im not gunna shell out money for crap movies just because they arent owned by major companies and are cheap to get. :bs:

2. Night Of The Dribbler looks/sounds like a giant piece of shit. With the way things are with the indie dvd companies, they go and spend $$$ on this one? Not a wise move.

3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I agree that it's worrying that Code Red puts something like Night of the Dribbler on the slate while some of their more high profile titles are still on the backburner. I'm much more interested in news about Silent Scream, The Mutilator, or Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Mare. Heck, I'm even more interested in Nightmares.

I support Code Red and enjoy their releases, but my budget doesn't allow me to purchase EVERYTHING they put out. Sole Survivor, The Unseen, Sweet Sixteen? Definitely. Beyond the Door, Dead Pit, Killer's Delight, Love Me Deadly? Sure. The Forest, Devil Times Five? Only because I hadn't seen them before. Hot Moves, The Curious Case of the Campus Corpse? Not so much.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. Gotta agree. I just saw two pics of it on the fine slasher site retro-slashers.net, and I chuckled. Hate to say the same but indeed, what dumb shit. There's much nicer '80s stuff headed to DVD this year (My Best Friend is a Vampire, RePossessed, ect) to order off Amazon then such dreck.

Concerning the good folks on over at CodeREd:

I’d much rather get an update on The Mutilator, Silent Scream, Buthcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker and Nightmare (semi-obscure film Savini did the special make-up FX for).

By the way, I notice Seatle born adult film star Gianna Michaels in your avatar. Nice ... ;)

6. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Man, Hot Moves was one of my favorite releases from Code Red! Definitely in my top 5 favorite 80s sex comedies and a lot of fun. I wasn't into Beyond the Door (although I'll probably pick it up eventually) and some of the other stuff, but it seems like all the stuff I'm looking forward to is MIA and they're putting riskier stuff out instead. Not an encouraging idea after Bill posted about losing a lot of money on Beyond the Door....

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Night of the Dribbler (is it April the 1st early?) certainly doesn't sound like a title which will make much $$$ for Code Red. Something like that sounds more like a "bonus disc" to some other higher profile slasher release.

8. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

So glad other people are saying stuff like this, when I read about this in the AM I wanted to post the same type of thing...but did not want to look like I was attacking Code Red...but yeah...if people aren't buying actual real movies that managed to play theaters and have cult followings...who is gonna buy this?

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Not I. It seems beneath Code Red, to be honest.

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

what i want to really know is when the heck will a release date for nightmare be announced???

11. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

as I understand it they are looking for someone who speaks Italian to translate the interview footage they have. I am planning to try and learn Italian this summer...so I can always offer my services...if I stick to plan that is.

12. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I know there's a thing or two holding it up but the Code Red release I'm most anticipating is Forced Entry.

13. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Ok so this basketball movie looks stupid.......but here is the thing this could be a cool watch. This reminds my of Jack Frost and Uncle Sam, sure they were not very good but I still like them. If this movie is not a total turd and the price is right (10 bucks) and the cover is cool I will be in.
    I really wish they would release some of there other promised titles sooner then later.

14. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Buddy Cooper said he has the Multiple prints of The Mutilator. He even has Trailers, TV spots and deleted footage archived.
    Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39s2wotv3g

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I don't think that's the issue anymore. There's a legal battle going on deciding who owns the right to distribute the DVD or something along those lines. I'm actually looking for an update from one of my sources now.

Those KandJHorror interviews with Buddy are sick btw - saw them a while ago :)

16. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Yeah... Synapse was offered THE MUTILATOR about 6 or so years ago and we turned it down FLAT. Not only because they didn't have prints, negs or an IP of the film, but they also couldn't provide proper chain of title paperwork. If you announce or start working on titles that you don't really own, or buy a film from someone who really doesn't have the proper rights, you open yourself up to a WORLD of hurt (and the always looming possibility of lawsuits once you announce or release your title, if someone comes out of the woodwork).

You may notice that some companies don't bother to go through the right legal processes and they announce things and then mysteriously take them down, with alarming frequency.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  17. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

your right. its always better to make sure shit is sorted out first.

18. rot

rot New Member

I agree that everything should be finalized before announcing a title, but sometimes unforeseen crap happens and that's business. Many of the niche genre DVD companies have announced something at one time or another and then the title mysteriously disappears off the schedule later with no explanation. Anchor Bay used to do it constantly. Retromedia had their FLEASH EATERS disc pulled because Dark Sky actually had the rights. Dark Sky had their KILL BABY KILL release pulled because Anchor Bay-Starz actually had the rights. Synapse announced THE KINDRED and that's also disappeared now. And I crapped a big load when Image cancelled their K. Gordon Murray discs at the last minute because of unforesseen legalities. Code Red have definitely announced some titles that don't show up anymore and who knows what's going on there. And those last couple of BCI titles are now in limbo because of the company going under. Even the major studios have announced titles, and then they are mysteriously removed from their schedule. I don't follow companies like Severin as closely so they may be clean as to what they announce-release. And Blue Underground seemed to be pretty careful with their announcements, so Lustig may have learned his lesson over at AB. Anyway, I don't think there is anything malicious or underhanded going on with any of these companies. I think they are all trying to do the right thing and do it legally, but things sometimes just get screwed up or what you think is the legal contract may end up being completely bogus.

That said, dammit, stop announcing shit until it's ready to come out!!! :p

19. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Aragh!!!!I want a release of Pets, Nightmare and Silent Scream!!!

20. I could see Night Of The Dribbler being a bonus disc with another slasher of theirs, but as a special edition on its own? This is def gonna lose them some $$$