Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

2. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

Standard DVD is fine with me. I bought a couple DVDs yesterday and everybody in the store was buying DVD. Nobody was even looking at the Blu-ray section.
    Quite a few CDs were also being sold, and they say the CD days are over.

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

i think BluRay is great but what's the advantage of the medium for cheap exploitation pictures of the older days?

i wouldn't dream of buying the DVD-version of, let's say, Iron Man 2 now i have the choice but i cannot imagine that a BluRay of something like The Carrier or The Forest will be a major improvement

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Right on the spot.

I leve on a major european country and last years statistics regarding DVD/Digital Downloads/Blu-Ray were 69% DVD, 14% Digital Downloads and 17% Blu-Ray.

As we can see, the king is still DVD

On the spot...

5. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

I just ordered The Carrier :)

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Presenting a film in higher definition, making the image closer to that which is on the original analogue film elements, will always be an improvement. I guess it just comes down to what you consider "major," and if a "major" improvement is necessary to justify buying it. I already own The Forest, for example, so I would have to weigh the pros and cons before making the decision to upgrade or not. However, I don't have The Carrier yet, and if I were given the opportunity to buy it on blu ray (assuming the releases are equal in all other respects), I would. When buying a film I don't already have, if it's available on Blu Ray, then that's the way I go. For me, it's pretty much as simple as that.

7. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Funny... around here, the Blu-ray sections are packed at places like Best Buy. However, I do almost all my physical media buying online.

8. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

It looks like some Code Red titles may be gone.

Primal Rage is listed as discontinued at DVD Empire, DVD Universe has had on backorder since early February, and Amazon says to allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.

The Carrier. I don't know about this one. DVD Universe seems to have it completely removed from their site. Amazon shows 3 in stock. DVD Empire seems to have it in stock.

Boardinghouse is shown as discontinued at DVD Empire. Amazon says 1-3 weeks.

I don't know about other retailers.

9. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Yeah I concur with this statement. That's how I do my buying as well.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It's quite possible that they ran out of what was pressed, often retailers will list things as discontinued when that happens. Hopefully they'll press some more.

As for the Blu-ray, I'm all for it. Double features sounds like a good way to do it too.

11. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

I been burned buying online as of late. I am saddened to announce my online buying days are officially over. Lucky for me I used a real credit card so I had 0 problems doing charge backs. Your very lucky to find so many brick stores fully stocked.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I remember Code Red stating somewhere on here before that Primal Rage was a terrible seller, so they may indeed have just let this one go OOP. Their initial print run may now be depleted and a repress wouldn't be economically viable.

Dobby likes this.
  13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Code red dvd gave an update on nightmare and the carrier dvd status here is what they said

several titles will be OOP soon. I still have tons of CARRIER sitting, so most likely the online store didn't want to order more copies. But once it;'s gone....it's gone.

and about nightmare

Don't know or have any update on the subtitling part, for the guy is busy doing other dvd extra for other label (can't blame him for he is doing NIGHTMARE for free). Scavolini told me to forget it for it's only a interview and not the film, and he also been bothered by emails from numerous wacko fans. It's wrong to bother a director with nutty emails as Romano seems sad about it. thanks for offering your help. much appreciated.

the thread can be found at

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/topic/9374/Code-Red-s-DVD-Catalog-Checklist?page=4

15. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Actually yes, we CAN blame him. He offered his help to get this release moving along and now he's the reason it's on hold. Rather than doing the SMART thing and handing it off to someone else, he's simply holding onto it and creating more of a delay. I'm amazed no one sees how insane this is.

16. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well since the director told code red to forget the interview i hope code red hurries and puts nightmare on dvd now

17. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Exactly. This has gone on long enough.

18. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Exactly. No one believes this guy is doing work for this other company 24 hours a day. Even in doing something for free you should treat it in a professional manner, that is, give up a little free movie-watching time and knuckle down to do it. All we have in this world are our word, and if your word is worth shit, you're worth nothing. Even letting go and admitting you can't do it has professional worth. Instead it's being held hostage by a little twat who is exploiting a loophole in the agreement ("a deadline was never agreed on") to keep this release delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if he, and this other DVD company he works for, are having a great laugh over it all.

19. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

Doesn't sound like it, since ol' Bill dropped a whole $150 on that ill-fated subtitling debacle. He'd rather let the 150 Nightmare fans wait an eternity before releasing it. :rolleyes:

20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he helps out with stuff on the Arrow releases. I have nothing against him as I'm sure is the case with most people on here, but like you said, if he's not going to take this seriously then he should let CodeRed know so they can release the film.