Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Sorry but I'm going to be a huge dick here and just throw out these quotes from you.

"My best friend speaks Italian... and is a fan of the movie... and he´ll dot for free.
    Don´t tell me they´ll spen too much money authoring the subtitles...

Don´t tell me there´s not one American out there that speaks Itaalian and is a fan of the movie."

"I believe Code Red is making fu of us...

Why is that every good horror company, at some point in time, turns into shit??? (Anchor Bay).

If Code Red has low sales is their own fawlt... Every DVD that is released gains more audience if it´s more accessible.
    Example, put English subtitles (mute audience), put spanish subtitles (hispanic is the 2nd world language)... this is just a case where they should invest so they can get more comeback.
    Put money if you want money..."

"C´mom... i usually do that as a hobby and it´s not hard at all.

I buy lots of dvds from foreign markets and my family only understands my native language, portuguese, so I translate the best of them and re-author the dvd to include them... it´s time consuming but not hard or difficult at all.

For a normal movie it takes me 2 hours a day for about a week to translate, organize the lines of text and put them as a time frame.

If you want, just separate the full audio track from the video and encode as an mp3 and I will gladly translate and arrange the time frame for them....

My price??? a copy of Nightmare when you released it.
    Cheaper than 3000 bucks."

Kind of ironic, no? I think you owe Code Red an apology for taking so long on something that is "not hard at all".

And yes, I understand you are busy and were doing this as a favor for free, but still, you yourself said it would only take 14 hours and it's been like 6 months now. For the past three weeks I have been working 60 hours a week and still found a few hours a night to edit a video I was working on. I think it's time to just admit defeat so Code Red can release this DVD bare bones before they shut down, as they stated it would take three months to get it out once completed so that doesn't leave much time before they close.

And no I'm not blaming you, I just thought it was funny as you were ones of the ones that were complaining and didn't understand why it was taking them so long. The truth of the matter is is that stuff always comes up and there's always reasons for such delays. I guarantee Code Red wants this released as much as we all do, and I'm sure wished they could have released it years ago. That's just the way this industry goes.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Considering CR is waiting on you I think the word Blame is pretty spot on myself.

3. springjack

springjack New Member

Don´t worry. You have the right to your remarks...

As for the interview, I don´t owe an apology to anyone.
    My friend was translating the stuff with me. He was translating for me as I was writting and building the timeline on the interview... that simple.

I you read something about complaining do yourself a favor and check the timeline of my remarks an you will will probably see that they are before my helping hand.

Yes, until this day I translated a lot of stuff my own stuff...
    With this in mind, as you can see I always said I´ve done this on my spare time.

If you have a job, you know that sometimes your work schedule changes, at least mine changes many times. It´s not my own fault that I have a lot of work right now. I understand when you say you have a lot of work and still find time for youself. If you just read all my posts to throw them back at mes, just answer me how can I at the moment can translate something when my translater in in another country??? Kind of ironic, no?

Tell me, I lend a hand to Code Red so that we, the fans, myself included, could have the product out, I just hope you don´t think I´m doing this to delay the release. That would be out of line.

Don´t put the blames on me because that will not work.
    I´m just getting tired all the things that some user are starting to throw at me. You want me to admit defeat? For what? Code Red can still release the movie. I will resume worlk when I´m free, If Code Red decides to release the product in the meantime, it´s always been their decision.

About my remarks, I´m not the only one thinking that Anchor Bay was good and with time it turned into a more normal company.

About what I said regarding English subtitles (mute audience), Spanish subtitles (hispanic is the 2nd world language) it was just something that probably would make the product to reach a wider market. My actual contractor started doing this 5 month ago and their market sales are increasing. I believe this has helped because their releases have always been great in the A/V and extras department.

Like I said, I have nothing agains Code Red, I bought almost all of their products, not counting some exploitation grindhouse stuff.
    But all of the horror titles were bought. Even this month I ordered the titles that were missing from my collection. I think that should count that I´m not against Code Red.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. springjack

springjack New Member

Opinions...

5. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I dont think you know what irony means. :)
    So you not only offered up your own spare time but your friends?

Whether or not you deserve the blame has nothing to do with how valid your excuses are. Im not saying I dont see your side. I empathize, totally. But blame has to do with fault. And no you have not delivered and thats CRs reason for the delay. So if theyre blaming you... theyre kinda right.

6. Dusk

Dusk New Member

7. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Phenomenal news! Geez, I'll have to pick up all three! :eek: Like, wow...wow...NOTD!? I love that cheesy gory flick.

8. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

WOW! I never expected a dvd of Night Of The Demon! And the other two are cool as well. This is great news, I guess Code Red are sticking around after all!

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

awesome news

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Absoulutely wonderful news indeed! :D

11. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

Amazing. Bought.

12. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Does anyone know if there is a list out there of all of the interlaced Code Red releases (AKA discs to avoid)?

13. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I love Night of the Demon to death and I'm very excited about it. However I'm NOT excited about the fact that Code Red is doing it. This release may or may not ever see the light of day. It's good to see them at least planning to release titles that people give a shit about though...

14. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Night of the Demon's coming out on DVD? Man, this made my week!

15. springjack

springjack New Member

Guess I have to explain everything... :)

When I offered my help I had talked with my friend.

16. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

17. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

f*cking finally Night Of The Demon!

now i can cross out another 'want to see' from my list

18. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I had a feeling the "we'll be closing down by summer 2011" was a crafty little marketing ploy in hopes that it would drive renewed sales. Now if only they'd let more than 10 sites review their titles and allow Netflix to carry some of their stuff so people could preview before buying, maybe they'd get some more sales :p

19. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

You could have seen it any time. It's not a hard torrent to find.

20. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

i know, cause i even downloaded one but refused to watch it since the quality was subpar

of course this DVD won't be pristine but it sure will be better than a VHS, so i can be a little more patient :p

BTW : on that master list, i've seen :

CRD2050 – Julie Darling (Paul Nicholas) 1981 – Coming Soon

VERY interested about this one!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010