Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Talk about a crisp looking transfer! Wow.

2. startide

startide Member

In my recent comms with him he never once mentioned Ghostkeeper. Now it might very well have slipped his mind, but given I was placing a large order, surely a mention would have seen another sale? That I snagged a copy is lucky, but only due to the updates on this MB (I have even less interest in Twitter than I do in Facebook!!).

And ditto the Twitter updates! The blog hasn't been updated since he announced they were pulling out of retail and the website is even worse. Pulling out of retail is fine, but if you're going to do that you want to update all your media platforms, not just one!!

3. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

$25 shipped is almost the double price I used to pay for new Code Red tiles.. way too much.

4. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

Anyone have any idea when THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE DARK is coming out? Or where it even got announced that Bill was tackling it?

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

The Ghostkeeper PQ is certainly better than anything that came before it but it's far from crisp. There's plenty of scratches and print damage throughout the film. Not a complaint, as I happen to like the way it looks, scratches and all. But those screenshots are a little misleading.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

received my copy of Ghost Keeper today, a week after ordering it. which is very cool, very fast shipping to Canada from Bill. It kinda freaked me out, though, since I still haven't received my overstock order. I called Canada Post, to determine if I should be concerned, but they said not to worry, that it was completely possible that it could have just been held up at customs. so, once again, i'm telling myself not to worry about it...

7. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

I totally agree ! I've always bought Code Red titles and never paid this much. No sale for me unfortunately.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

just watched Ghostkeeper. wow, very impressed. really atmospheric, well acted, and well shot! score another one for the Canadian Tax-Shelter years.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i wasn't sure at first, but after watching the film, I'm inclined to believe Code Red and the Director's story about this being an unauthorized addition to the film. it just doesn't fit with the rest of the movie. the film has a great slow build for the first half, and this type of opening kind of cheapens that, i think.

besides,
    the MO of the killer(s) seems to be to bring the victims to the windigo before killing them, so why would they chase this guy way into the forest and kill him there?

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, it definitely doesn't make a lot of sense which I have always eluded to, but as far as I knew it was just a cut scene on the New World release until we got the inside scoop :)

I'm interested in this Deer Lodge place - does it really exist? Still seems to be around for this one shot a couple years later.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It does. I actually made a blog post about it yesterday.

12. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

While I won't go as far as calling it "well-acted" I will agree that I was pleasantly surprised with this one...great little flick, with great atmosphere. Its just a shame all that atmosphere and built up suspense was sort of interrupted so abruptly in the final act. After such a creepily and eerily shot night sequence in the Lodge, I'm not sure why the filmmakers decided to have the final sequences take place during the day? Deer Lodge was a character unto itself ala the Overlook Hotel, and taking it back into daytime sort of under minded the creepiness that was built up so well the night before.

Not to mention the 7 minutes of awkward drudging through thigh high snow and Marty's oddly placed never ending banter with the grease on his face. All of these factors just killed the ending for me.

All-in-all though, I enjoyed it.

Did anyone else chuckle whenever Jenny delivered a line? I don't know if it was bad over dubbing or what, but whenever she'd speak it sounded like something I'd hear out of the movie Pieces or something. Luckily she was hot as hell in her little snow pants and turtle neck, so it was easy to let it all slide.

13. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

14. Mutilated Prey

I recognize that last picture :)

we're having a Ghostkeeper party at the original hotel in Lake Louise sometimes soon, gonna screen it and also have a great time. Everybody's welcome, the hotel loves the movie and the original part we shot in is going to be torn down in 2013.

Dood! that sounds fun!

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yup! Figured I should include it, since it was technically a different shoot at the same location. Thanks for that. ;)

They're tearing part of it down! Sad! :(

When I was zooming around the area on Google Maps, I see that they've built huge modern hotels and resorts on the lake. They're probably just trying to keep up with the times (which is sad, because I love the rustic look of the place).

16. Mutilated Prey

I gotta wonder who's gonna show up at the Ghostkeeper party - some cuckoo's probably. That's way the hell up there. Beautiful looking spot though.

I love Google maps...

[​IMG]

17. cjg

cjg Active Member

Got my copy of Ghostkeeper today less then a week after ordering

18. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

For anyone in Canada wondering about ordering... I ordered Ghostkeeper on April 23 and it was here waiting for me on May 2 when I got back from vacation. So a little more than a week LA to NS.

19. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, mine arrived about a week after ordering.

...still no overstock package, though. order was placed a month ago yesterday. :mad:

20. nateynate87

nateynate87 New Member

Just want to repeat what others are saying

I ordered a couple DVDs direct from code red and he shipped them out FAST

Got my copy of Ghost Keeper in just a couple days after ordering