Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Ah, interesting - but that phoenix thing looks nothing like the Wendigo, that's what I was eluding to by "stupid" - somewhat neat in itself I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have it too, and I'm sure it looks worlds better than the VHS - what do you think of the picture btw? It's just when you know there is a scene missing, and a kill at that, it's kind of annoying. So now the question if that image is on the disc, where did CodeRed get that from? I have a feeling Bill, or whomever, never knew there was or could be a different cut.

2. cgay2

cgay2 Member

A Little but dosen't make me not want the dvd

That scene is bad theirs no snow it doesn't fit with the rest of the movie looks like a cheap death just to add to the movie. Yes it would of been cool as an extra but I am just glad to finally get this one on DVD, thanks code red. I wonder why it was removed from the American prints on VHS? It was a bad scene I liked ghost keeper the way I saw it on VHS very happy to have the DVD but of course its attack code red time now for this. When code red is gone one day everybody is gonna be crying whose gonna put out these lost films. Good luck getting Warner or Paramount to listen. For everybody crying about his out of print DVDS to bad you snooze you loose. I always bought his release over all others first becuase He always said he could press so many and most of them tanked. So what took so long? They were there! I am glad he selling them high time to make some money back. I support CODE RED 100%

3. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

I actually just finished watching it. I'm not real good at critiquing PQ, but I can tell you that it does look quite a bit better than the vhs. The print used is pretty good, nothing mind-blowing though.

When did you place your order? If you did on Thursday, then you should most likely have it tomorrow!

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I placed mine on Wednesday. Hoping to have it tomorrow.

5. maestra

maestra New Member

Damn an entire scene missing from this DVD!

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

hey, that's pretty cool. never seen the movie before, but now my appetite is whetted. can't wait for my copy to show up.

7. Mutilated Prey

OK, so I got the inside scoop from Bill on this intro "missing scene". He reached out to the director, Jim Makichuk, to see what the deal was as his curiosity peaked like mine. Apparently it was NOT part of the original cut. 2 years after the film was shot the distributors shot an extra scene to promote overseas sales. Jim did not approve the scene (didn't like it at all), but it still got distributed anyway which he most likely was not happy about. He does not have that scene on any of his masters. What we are getting from CodeRed is how he intended all of us to see the film all along.

Sounds kind of like when we got Island of the Fishmen and someone added that new decapitating intro and renamed it "Screamers".

Still, too bad we couldn't get this alternate introduction as an extra or something, but given the background story it may not have really been all that feasible or wanted. I feel better now that got cleared up :)

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

bill seems to be very ready and willing to communicate and discuss his releases with people. could a return to the horrordigital forums be somewhere down the line? only time will tell....

9. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I saw this film on tv growing up and the missing scene from the dvd was not on the tv version, either. This particular channel ran their films unedited at that time as well. I kind of like the opening scene, but it does feel like it is not from the same movie, anyway. Just like that back story scene from the full length version of The Prey. Nonetheless, it would have been nice as an extra.

10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I was about to piss and moan about the missing scene but since the clip was added after the fact by the distributor then I don't feel too bad about it not being included. So Ghostkeeper was a New World release? Corman or Post-Corman?

On another note, THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE DARK is on the horizon from Code Red. Can't wait for that one!

11. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

Ooh really? That's an interesting title, been wanting to see that for a while.

Hopefully it does actually come out though. I just purchased GHOST KEEPER, been wanting to see that one for a long time as well, hopefully it's worth it.

PS
    Yes, I'm buying Code Red DVDs, shocking isn't it? Just because my respect level for Bill is as low as it could conceivably get - doesn't mean I'm not going to buy films I want to see.

12. Mutilated Prey

He'll send you a cracked one, or some other film burned on the dvd like Tales of the Karma Sutra :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. CPT HOOK

Nothing in the mail today. It will probably be here Monday then.

14. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

Ya know, I thought something like that might happen but I got it covered, used my mother's Amazon account. :D

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:lol: Same here. I own 50 Code Red releases. I probably own more than most of the fanboys who always praise everything. :D

Dobby likes this.
  16. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

I got ya bet there, Katatonia. I think I have about 70 now. Only missing a few! But I have noticed the dichotomy of which you speak.

For the record, I was highly critical of the Maria line at first, and the snarky remarks on the back of the Nightmare case over at the Latarnia forums. I'm a big fan, but I have still given constructive criticism.

17. CPT HOOK

Got my Ghostkeeper DVD in the mail today. Spine # is 55 for anyone keeping track.

I scanned the back cover for anyone who wants a better look:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  18. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

19. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thanks for the scan! #55? i thought Caged Men (I'm Going to get you Elliot Boy) was #55...I haven't received my order from Code Red yet, so I can't say that for certain, though. Am I wrong? If so, what number is Caged Men?

20. Mutilated Prey

Mine showed up today too - #55.

FYI - I don't think the Exterminator and Bill are the same people because GhostKeeper came from LA and Exterminator's come from Washington. Unless he's running some multi regional operation.