Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, $21 - done! I'm not fooling around with this one. I gotten enough CodeRed titles for dirt cheap over the years that I don't mind paying a little extra this time around.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Same. I was hoping for something in the $15 range, but $21 isn't too bad after factoring in shipping. Plus, all the money is going right into Code Red's hands.

Worth mentioning though, I remember reading somewhere that the frame rate is screwed up on the bonus featurette with the director. That is how the director sent it to Code Red. I guess people were badgering him about it, so he decided to just release it as is. The movie itself should be fine though.

Doesn't really bother me, but I imagine it could become a big issue ala Madman once the reviewers get a hold of it. Never hurts to be prepared for something like that going in.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. Mutilated Prey

Yeah, I don't care about that stuff regarding the framing in the featurette.

I did ask Bill if they were able to retain that intro where the dood is running around outside the hotel in the woods. Looks more like Fall and he gets impaled by a stick spear. I have a UK DVD that has that scene, but my New World VHS does not have it.

4. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Looks like I'm going to have to get some cash soon and snatch Ghostkeeper up.

I've never seen it but it looks like fun.

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

There was one copy for sale on Amazon for $25 which I promptly snagged (I'm not taking any chances with this release). Funny thing, though - I checked back an hour later and there it was again - the same lone listing.

6. CPT HOOK

You can list more than one of the same item under one listing. When you list an item on Amazon, you set a quantity. That listing will remain until the quantity is gone.

Like I mentioned above, pretty sure that the seller (the Exterminator) is Code Red themselves. Buying direct from Code Red would be the same thing, plus you'd save about $7.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i've had similar suspicions about the_exterminator, but all my dealings with him have been really good, so if it IS the case, then that's fine. that said, obviously i ordered directly from Bill, via email. it was $24 USD shipped to Canada, which is acceptable. $3 more than shipped to the states, that makes sense. a little more than i'd like to pay for a dvd as well, but i'll go along with it for now. hopefully when things get moving, prices will come down a bit. at this point, with everything so up in the air, i don't want to risk it becoming unavailable. also asked if there were any other new releases (after Stanley), and he said it was just Ghostkeeper for the moment, but that more were on the way. Good news.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

So how long does it take for Code Red to ship things out, and is it via 1st Class/Priority or Media Mail?

Dobby likes this.
  9. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

the_exterminator is Bill from Code Red?...Ha!. That motherfucker sells VHS at ridiculous prices.

10. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

Bill ships LIGHTNING fast. Whether it be through his paypal or through the Exterminator it takes like 2-3 days at the most to receive ones order. I honestly don't know how he does it, because it's always just standard shipping.

Don't just take my word for it, look on other forums and check the Exterminator's feedback on Amazon.

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

im curious if anybody from canada who placed an email order has received it yet? people in the states seem to have started receiving them a week or so ago. Bill did say it might take a while, since he's had issues with canadian customs, and that its taken a long time when sending things in the past. its frustrating though, because i'm really looking forward to getting the package, but i don't know when i should start running to the mailbox every day!

12. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Primal Rage $68?, Boardinghouse $40?, Pets $50?... when he has 5-6 copies left? Way to take advantage of your supporters. Dick move right there.

I'm stiffing this guy with the Paypal fees.

13. CPT HOOK

I ordered Stigma during the overstock sale, and it arrived in about 3 days. I don't have the envelope to confirm it, but I think it was USPS First Class.

14. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

those may be his amazon prices. I'd contact him through email or twitter. He seems to cut a pretty good break to his twitter followers.

15. Mutilated Prey

I actually saved him the PayPal fees by paying as a gift. I saw on another forum he says "$20, but since PayPal charges me .88 I have to charge $21 to ship anywhere in the US."

I think when you pay as "gift" you get no insurance if he screws you, but I don't see that happening.

I asked him about the alternate/sometimes missing intro to GhostKeeper and his reply was "I don't remember". How do you not remember? It better friggin be there.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That's good to know. I don't mind paying the extra $$ if it arrives fast and helps feed the coffers to get more CR titles released.

Dobby likes this.
  17. startide

startide Member

I was finishing off an order and assumed it had been sent, but sent an email on the off chance it hadn't been sent yet, so got me a copy of Ghostkeeper.

18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

:lol: That made me laugh. That's pretty poor of him that he couldn't give you an answer. He has the discs there to check.

19. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

If you were a "supporter" and you are interested in those titles you would have bought them when they were in print. If less of you were sitting on your wallets when these titles were new releases perhaps there would be larger print runs.

20. Mutilated Prey

Yeah, I replied "You know you're curious - go check Guy! :)"

One thing we should have all learned a long time ago is get the CodeRed releases as soon as it comes out if you have the slightest interest in that movie. They typically don't last very long and it had to know what will go OOP when.