Admitting Mistakes.......your worst dvd blind buys?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ptflea2, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Admit it guys and gals, you've all done it before. At one point or another every serious dvd collector has fallen victim to the treacherous dvd triple B: "bad blind buy." Either you bought the flick because you thought the cover art looked cool, liked what the director had done previously, bought into the overblown hype, or was just too damn lazy to go and rent it!

I'd like to hear some of you guys worst triple B's. Go ahead and look through your collections so to bring back the memories of the horror dvd's your still today kicking yourself for ever buying. Trust me, it'll be cathartic.

I'll begin with two of my moments of shame:

1. Cannibal Apocalypse. Geeze! I heard this flick was gory as hell with a crazy ending. In reality, the movie sucks shit and put me to sleep. I doubt I'll ever watch this waste of time again. Seeing Giovanni Radice getting his stomach blown through sure isn't worth 22 bucks.

2. Zombie Lake. Probably the worst blind buy ever made in the history of humankind. Not only is the movie horrible, my dumbass paid $20 dollars for it when it first came out and now I've seen it in stores for $8.99. Good God, what was I thinking!!!!!!

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

TERROR FIRMER is the only movie I was really mad at myself for buying. Thankfully it was the only copy so when I returned it as "defective" I got something better (I don't remember what, but I've never bought a worse film).

3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Stacy... I got this on ebay like a year ago or something.. bootleg obviously but it sounded cool THEN... i fucking hate this shit. The only disc I threw out. Goddamn this was shitty. What a waste, and to all you who like it... pshh... whatever.
    :)
    But I guess thats what I get for buying a bootleg eh :) :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  4. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Breeders- cover looked cool, boy was that a mistake

Wicked City- worst movie I've ever seen, bought blind because I liked the anime

Last House on the Left- Not at all worth the controversy, not scary at all with all the cheesy music, slapstic humor and horrible acting

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Guest

Freddy vs. Jason - Got rid of this 1 hour after watching it. I hated it.

6. Surf Nazi

Surf Nazi Guest

I'm good about reading up on a movie before I buy it.

7. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Ahh ya... Freddy vs Jason was a turd too. Took awhile to get someone to take that off my hands that time though.

8. Numania

Numania Guest

hahah I liked Cannibal Apocalypse...

Mine:
    28 Days Later - I thought I'd be cool getting this before it was out in American theaters. I hate this movie.

Ankle Biters - Midget Vampires? WOW! However, the sound was so bad I couldn't get into the cheese.

Flesh Freaks - This sealed the deal between me and Sub Rosa. After seeing Shatter Dead (see below) and this, I gave up on SR originals. Seriously, though, these are some of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've still never seen Flesh Freaks all the way through. It's terrible. If I wanted to watch an iguana walk around a wheelbarrow full of grass for five minutes, I'd cut my own cock off.

In My Skin - I don't hate this movie. However, it is a terrible blind buy. Everyone I heard talked about shutting it off and getting sick. This movie sucked in that aspect. I thought it was ok, but in no way was it nearly as stomach-turning as I heard it would be. Bad blind buy.

Junk - Possibly the worst zombie movie since Zombie Lake until 28 Days Later.

Rockabilly Vampire - Sounds like it can't go wrong. However, it's the slowest movie ever. If it helps, some ugly girl shows her tits.

Shatter Dead - THE WORST, MOST BORING ZOMBIE FILM EVER! DISREGARD WHAT I SAID EARLIER! AN UGLY LEAD THAT GETS PENETRATED BY A FAKE GUN! TERRIBLE MAKE UP! TERRIBLE MAKE UP! TERRIBLE MAKE UP! I'D RATHER WATCH MY 11TH GRADE SPANISH PROJECT!

That's it, for now. I went through my dvdaf and picked out the one's I blindly bought that stink. There are some blindies that I've yet to watch as well.

9. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

That's funny, because Cannibal Apocalypse is on my wish list and I own Zombie Lake and like it in a so bad it's good kind of way. That, and the nudity.

I got the first season box of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a freebie but just couldn't get into it. Sold it.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

The Dead Hate the Living = turd

11. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I've had a few:

Dead & Buried
    Beyond The Darkness
    Silent Night Bloody Night
    Secret Window
    American Psycho
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    The Deep
    A Bridge Too Far
    Howling 5/6 double feature
    Easy Rider
    Chiller (probably the worst one even though it was $5.50)

12. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

haha hell yeah it is, man I'd of been really pissed if I bought that I just remember watching it....well trying to watch it, and it sucking hard.

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

puppet master legacy

14. Hey, that was gonna be my answer!

...And yeah, Shatter Dead sucked.

15. Surf Nazi

Surf Nazi Guest

No way! Actually, I sat through that movie once and hated it, so I traded it off soon after...but now that I think back on it I'd like to watch it again! I shouldn't have gotten rid of it, how can you not like a movie with a scene in which a pregnant woman gets shot, has a miscarriage and the attempts to breastfeed the bloody, DYING FETUS? Also, gun fellatio!

16. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

stacy

cool cover!

shittiest movie ever!

17. I, Zombie...wtf?

18. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Bio-Zombie. Sucked in by the hype circulating around this film a few years ago.

19. Numania

Numania Guest

Theories work a lot better than actual plans. It sounds great but looks like shit. I think this movie makes everyone that owns it sterile.

20. Surf Nazi

Surf Nazi Guest

yeah, well the lead chick was pretty hot...