99 Women

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Jimbo, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I picked up the unrated directors cut of this film and think it is pretty good Franco.Question is has anyone got the x rated version?If so how are the inserts?
    Also,This is a limited release.Does anyone no what the release # is?

2. cjg

cjg Active Member

The x rated version has added on fucking senes that are more a distaction then anything else There is no way thats Herbert Loms ass and if thats his twizzler I feel sorry for him

3. Francesco

Francesco Guest

The hardcore inserts of the X-Rated version are pure shit. Besides, in order to insert them, the French editor cut part of the original footage. Unfortunately, also the so-called "unrated director's cut" is far from being the real director's cut. It's the US version with minor addition. It is not only cut but also re-edited. For example, Maria Rohm's flashback - so visually odd in the US film - is indeed taken from a much longer nightmare (not a flashback!) she does in the original version. Obviously, it perfectly works as a nightmare, but no as a flashblack.

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Ummm....okay, so is there a better, more acurate Director's Cut available on DVD? I almost purchased this latest version but I will keep searching if anyone knows of a better one out there.

5. Francesco

Francesco Guest

No, unfortunately! Also consider that the BU disc presents the film in its OAR and has some interesting extras among which cut and alternate footage (the original nightmare scene, from a 101 minutes long silent negative, and the different ending of the Spanish version) and Uncle Jess talking about the film.

6. horrorlover

horrorlover Active Member

I haven't picked up either version of this movie yet, but I plan to in the next couple weeks. Since the directors cut seems to not really be the directors cut I might as well go with the x rated version that way in case the movie sucks I at least get to see more nudity :evil:

7. Francesco

Francesco Guest

Don't waste your money. The nudity is in the Franco film: the lesbian scene between Maria Rohm and Rosalba Neri is fantastic, as well as Rosalba's sexy show at the lesbian club.