92nd Annaul Academy Awards (nominations)

Discussion in 'General' started by Colin, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

"You can't fire me, I quit!" What a cuckold tool.

2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

https://www.thewrap.com/denzel-washington-will-smith-oscars-slap/

"Washington declined to say what he specifically discussed with Smith and Perry, but revealed that they prayed. “Fortunately there were people there, not just me but others [like] Tyler Perry came immediately right over there with me,” Washington said. “Some prayers. I don’t wanna say what we talked about, but there but for the grace of God go any of us. Who are we to condemn? I don’t know all the ins and outs of this situation, but I know the only solution was prayer, the way I saw it, the way I see it.”

What the hell is wrong with these Hollywood nuts?

The solution, would have been, to go up to Chris Rock, and apologize.

KGBRadioMoskow and Katatonia like this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me that Denzel and Will are religious wackos, given their homophobic history regarding Will's role in Six Degrees Of Separation.

Steel76 likes this.
  4. Steel76

5. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Everybpdy is saying that. Plus shes so fierce.

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Okay, I wasn't going to say anything about the whole Will Smith thing, but I just watched Scream 2 the other night and it occurred to me that even 25 years ago Jada Pinkett Smith was cutting her hair short BY CHOICE. So what was the big fucking deal? So she has a disease where she's losing her hair. So what? She wasn't using it anyways! What a stupid thing to get mad over.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

It was a joke on SNL, but it kinda makes sense; Will Smith is banned from the Oscars Ceremony for 10 years. If they really wanted to punish him though, they'd make him HOST it.

8. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Haha yes. And whoever is writing the jokes for him should include 97 bald jabs.

Katatonia and Steel76 like this.
  9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The great irony is that if he hadn't jumped up on stage and slapped the guy, the joke would have been forgotten about five seconds after it was said.

Steel76 likes this.
  10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

From what I understand, the presenters (even the comedians) don't write the jokes for The Oscars. Not only that, most jokes are not final until the night of the event. There are writers and producers hired by The Academy that do all that, and it's always at the last minute. All approved by a team of lawyers.

So, not only did Chris Rock not write that joke, he might not have even known what the joke was until he walked on stage. He might have been handed some cards when he was in the wings just before walking out that gave the joke to him. So, maybe an hour notice? And he had little input in changing it. Other than that, it was just something on a teleprompter to him.

Additionally, the joke itself is a "make lemonade out of lemons" joke. "Oh, you're shaving your head because of a medical condition? Well, at least you can do G.I. Jane 2." That's basically the joke. So, you're being pretty petty if you object to it.

Not only all that, but originally Will Smith laughed. If Jada's own husband didn't see a problem with it until he saw Jada's reaction, how could anyone else have?

With all that said, Chris Rock took it like a champ. He owned the joke, because he said it. And he was the perfect entertainer, "the show must go on." And, he had the perspective, as he said, "it's a G.I. Jane 2 joke." You've got to be mental to react the way Will Smith did to that.

I think it should have been a life time ban. Will Smith walked on stage and assaulted a presenter. There's no upside to ever including him again. And you've got to set the standard that this is absolutely unacceptable behavior. He can keep the Oscar, he "earned it," but he's never going to be a candidate again (none the less win). Oscars are not necessary for an actor's survival so The Academy owes nobody anything in ability to be nominated or attendance to the show. If The Academy wants to maintain credibility, it needs to show it's above this. Period.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    zbinks, roderick and Katatonia like this.
  11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I still think the slap looked entirely fake, but I guess Will Smith just slaps men like a complete wuss. :p

[​IMG]

Steel76, zbinks and X-human like this.
  12. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Hey did anyone hear that will smith hit chris rock? :eek::D:p

13. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

Given that Hollywood is backing away from Will Smith, Chris Rock just might be his last hit.

Steel76 and zbinks like this.
  14. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Mike Lowwwwrreeeyyy

Punk ass bitch. I hope someone dope slaps the dogshit out of him on camera soon.

I thought the same thing about Scream 2. Broad has been rocking a number 1 whiffel hair cut for years (beautiful by the way) can't take a joke with hundreds of millions in your bank account. Soft as shit.... infuriating

hots4 and Steel76 like this.
  15. Steel76

Am I the only one who don't give shit about these shallow, self important, narcissistic Hollywood wankers, and their golden dildo?
    I couldn't care less, if the roof collapsed, and ended it all.

There are still a few good ones left, but for the most part, I can't stand celebrities.

Mok, Natas, f.ramses and 2 others like this.
  16. sinister

sinister Well-Known Member

That ship sailed at least a decade ago. ;)

Indeed.

Steel76 likes this.
  17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Agree, the idea of watching it, being preached to by these idiots make me feel sick.

The slip was the best thing I've ever seen at the Oscars, obviously I've only seen it through highlights. I would like him to loose the Oscar after the outburst he doesn't deserve to keep it, apart from this, yeah fuck em all.

Mok and Steel76 like this.
  18. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Will Smith should have gotten a lifetime ban just for trying to play it off like a purely testosterone-driven, knee-jerk reaction that it so clearly wasn't and he should've been stripped of his Oscar and awarded a Golden Rasberry, instead, for his portrayal of "manning up to defend your wife's honor" because an open-handed slap clearly would not be the "weapon" of choice and you'd have to know that the production team are going to pan over to you for a reaction shot after the presenter just told a joke at your wife's expense because it's the Oscars.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022