Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #31
Damin J. Toell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia
Xploited still has it in stock at a nice price if anyone is interested in getting the boxset. It is strictly limited, so I would recommend buying now or forever hold your peace.
It was originally limited to just a certain Danish supermarket chain, but it has now been re-released through normal retail channels in Denmark. I originally thought that the re-release wasn't going to happen until January, but at least one Danish e-tailer has it in stock. Anyway, even after the re-release, Xploited is probably the cheapest and easiest way to import the set into the US.

FWIW, I had a very strange dream last night about getting the Danish set in the mail and being entranced by the extras. Very odd, but hopefully a positive sign for when I finally do really get it.

DJ

Last edited by Damin J. Toell; 12-09-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:52 PM   #32
Werner Von Wallenrod

A Stephen King remake of the Kingdom, huh? Let me just go take a shower now to wash away that image.

I doubt a domestic R1 release would be up to the new, special edition anyway.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:02 PM   #33
IGotsNewShoes

Funny that people didn't know about the King remake, it's been common news for over a year now. 15 hour miniseries set to air in February...

ANDREW McCARTHY, DIANE LADD AND BRUCE DAVISON ARE FIRST TO JOIN THE CAST OF THE STEPHEN KING’S NEW DRAMA SERIES, “STEPHEN KING’S KINGDOM HOSPITAL”

Two-Hour Premiere Airs Thursday, February 5, 2004, on ABC

Andrew McCarthy (“Monk,” “Pretty in Pink”), Academy Award nominee Diane Ladd (“Primary Colors,” “Rambling Rose”) and Academy Award nominee Bruce Davison (“X-Men II,” “Longtime Companion”) have been cast in the haunting new fifteen-hour drama series, “Stephen King’s Kingdom Hospital,” created directly for television by the award-winning, best-selling master of horror. The two-hour series premiere airs THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2004, (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT), with subsequent one-hour episodes airing Thursday, 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET, on The ABC Television Network.

McCarthy will play the role of Dr. Hook, a brilliant surgeon who resides in the hospital’s basement and has a penchant for collecting medical equipment. Ladd will play Mrs. Druse, a psychic hypochondriac whose strong connection to the spirit world repeatedly draws her to the emergency room of Kingdom Hospital. Davison will play Dr. Stegman (“Steg”), whose absent bedside manner and arrogance are paralleled only by his ineptitude as a physician.

Using Lars Von Trier’s Danish miniseries “Riget” (a.k.a. “The Kingdom”) as a point of inspiration, Stephen King gives this series a unique, darkly comedic and menacing American touch. King himself describes it as “ER” crossed with “The Shining.”

Last edited by IGotsNewShoes; 12-09-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:43 AM   #34
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner Von Wallenrod
A Stephen King remake of the Kingdom, huh? Let me just go take a shower now to wash away that image.

I doubt a domestic R1 release would be up to the new, special edition anyway.
I knew that King was a big fan of Part 1 of The Kingdom, after renting it no less! I've heard rumors that he wanted to make a US version for a long time. I doubt it will be as good as Von Trier's original, but King may surprise us.

Also, since Part 3 was never made, several key actors are now dead anyways. Hopefully the entire story will at least be continued to a 3rd act in the US version. I look forward to that if it is so. I think the US miniseries is supposed to be 21 hours long or something like that?
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:24 PM   #35
MaxRenn
Stalker

I wonder how that they are going to handle Udo Kier's
Spoiler:
birth scene
Something tells me that that image is not ready for primetime
MaxRenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #36
Katatonia
Master of Doom

If anybody is interested in a great deal...

Amazon has The Kingdom 1 & 2 DVD set for $11.49. I'm pretty sure it's only a Cyber Monday "boxset" deal (it's listed in that section at least) – and doubt the price will stay that low for too long.

I already have the R2 (PAL) 4-DVD Set, but I went ahead and ordered this, since I friggin' love the series so much.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote