satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Multiple times.

Perfect timing on the coupon code!

15% off $25 or more.
FATHERSDAY2014 valid through the 17th.
Cool, thanks! I just placed an order for three cds. Ended up costing me $30 with shipping. The same three cds would have cost me $42 with sales tax at Amazon. I will probably order three movies before the sale ends.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #17
shape22
HackMaster

I'd caution everyone that the true measure of a company isn't the orders that go smoothly. It's what happens when a problem inevitably crops up. That's why Amazon is my go-to retailer. They have gone out of their way to make things right for me on many different occasions. And they were almost all cases where the fault lied with the manufacturer or shipper, not them directly.

Amazon definitely isn't competitive for Scream Factory titles. But if you wait for sales you can get great prices on just about every other Blu-ray title out there.

I'm intrigued by this company. Has anyone had to request a return? How do they handle replacing damaged items? Do they agree to do it no questions asked? Do they ship the new item before they receive the return? Do they cover your return shipping?

I stopped ordering from Deepdiscount because they didn't handle problems in a way that proved they care about their customers. Is Blowitoutahere as dedicated to customer service as Amazon?
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 AM   #18
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Perfect timing on the coupon code!

15% off $25 or more.
FATHERSDAY2014 valid through the 17th.
Sweet - thanks!

Deadly Eyes, Final Terror and Bloody Moon Blu's - $48.62.

On Amazon - $76.46
Old 06-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #19
burieddeep
Stalker

Just placed an order with them for the first time...picked up Screamers and Curtains for $29.70.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #20
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I've used them at least 4-5 times now and have not had any trouble. I agree with Shape's points about customer service, however, I won't ever really know until I give them a chance. If they fuck up and don't fix it properly in a timely manner, then I will stop using them; it's as simple as that. Until then, I'm perfectly happy with them.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #21
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Ordered Curtains, The Final Terror, and Southern Comfort last night.

Will be placing another order before the sale ends, but trying to decide which 3 I want (from about 9 titles, but not willing to spend that much right now).

I was considering Deadly Eyes, but ended up getting a random $5 off coupon from Sears today, so ended up pre-ordering it there for about $13. Crosses one title off my list. Now to whittle down the rest...
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:21 AM   #22
SpaceAce
Maniac

I'll give them a try. I just ordered Curtains (pre-order) blu and the nest blu and it came to under $15 each including shipping. It reminds of the early days of DeepdiscountDVD, I used to tell everybody about them and their prices were great...and their 20-25% off sales were worth the wait...and then they shit the bed. I rarely even look at deepdiscount anymore, they have weak sales/discounts, weak pricing, and do nothing to make me want to keep giving them any business. I use Amazon regularly and am happy with Amazon overall, but blowitoutahere has some killer prices on some movies along with nice discount codes...could be a new favorite brewing here...
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
baggio
HackMaster

I never knew this before but, the Blowitoutahere is owned by the same people who run DeepDiscount & ImportCD.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #24
SpaceAce
Maniac

I have had great luck with them so far. I received my first disc promptly and my other order was for Curtains as a preorder and then it got delayed and I have been getting weekly updated emails stating that it has not come in yet but they are still waiting for it and my order will ship as soon as they get it. I have been impressed with their service so far. I am a little worried now that somebody has mentioned they are owned by the same people as deepdiscount (I didn't realize that) because DD used to be great and then slipped tremendously...to the point I don't even look there anymore. Hopefully blowitoutahere keeps up the good work.
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #25
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
I never knew this before but, the Blowitoutahere is owned by the same people who run DeepDiscount & ImportCD.

This kind of scary to know. Importcds went to shit and I've heard DeepDiscount isn't much better. So who owns the conglomerate that's buying up small independent retailers and fucking them up? I like blowitoutahere. I hope they stay good.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #26
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
So who owns the conglomerate that's buying up small independent retailers and fucking them up?
It's this place, Super D: http://www.sdcd.com/

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #27
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
It's this place, Super D: http://www.sdcd.com/
Yep. That's the new owners of DeepDiscount & ImportCD, and now Blowitoutahere.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #28
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Hopefully they'll address their little strap it to a snail's back shipping speed.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #29
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Hopefully they'll address their little strap it to a snail's back shipping speed.
I mostly pre-order from BlowItOutaHere, and I usually get everything on the release date. Maybe once or twice it showed up the day after.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #30
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
This kind of scary to know. Importcds went to shit and I've heard DeepDiscount isn't much better. So who owns the conglomerate that's buying up small independent retailers and fucking them up? I like blowitoutahere. I hope they stay good.
I noticed they just raised the prices on their Ebay store for some horror blurays I had on my watch list.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote