Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
killit
Maniac

Some blowitoutahere love

I first heard about this site here, I think in a deep discount thread, anyway I took a chance and ordered around $200 in vinyl and bluray during the Memorial Day sale. Even though the 10% off pretty much just covered the shipping charges (which were totally reasonable) and when I tried to add something to the order they acted like I was speaking a foreign language. This was till my favorite vinyl/blu purchase experience in light years. Nothing too special about the packaging other than it WORKS, the mailer was thrashed but not only was every single lp jacket pristine from the shelf, there was no mailer damage. Half of the shops have crappy mailers and the other half just don't seem to take care of their stock. These people while not super flexible with editing orders, have the best prices on quality merch, I have a feeling amazon will snatch them up if they haven't already bough them. Every single lp i've got from DD has been a wreck and my last order has been missing for 3 weeks and finally they acknowledge it's their error. I'm sure I've got about a 3 month refund wait ahead of me. Anyway blowitoutahere blew me away.
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Their prices seem to be beating Amazon by a mile and also better than DeepDiscount/ImportCDs/DVDPacific. Even when the 10% sales only cover shipping it's still the best deal out there. Looking forward to the next coupon cause I'd like to order Final Terror, Deadly Eyes and Bloody Moon Blus from them.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I'm a huge fan of BlowItOutaHere, and they're my go-to retailer for cult label blu-rays.

I started using them last fall, when my Amazon prime trial ran out and I was looking for an alternative for Scream Factory releases. I noticed they had a 15% off coupon, and the prices were good, so I gave them a try on Scream Factory's November pre-orders. I got all of them on the street date (except Night Of The Comet, which arrived a day later on Wednesday) and each one was $5 to $10 cheaper than Amazon. Compared to the prices on Amazon, it's almost like buy 3 get 1 free.

Also worked out perfectly, because I got Body Bags on the street date, and a lot of people who pre-ordered from Amazon didn't. Amazon had it backordered, and a lot of people were on the message boards complaining they didn't get theirs. So it was the perfect time for me to switch over.

I've been using them for Scream Factory releases ever since (except for the occasional Collector's Edition with poster exclusive, which I've been getting direct from Scream Factory).

They usually do a coupon code for either 10% off or 15% off about every other week (usually around a holiday). I typically wait for the 15% and then throw in all my pre-orders. In fact, I was going to start a BlowItOutaHere thread when they did the next code, just to separate it from the DeepDiscount thread. I imagine they'll do one this weekend for Father's Day. They post the codes on their Facebook page, so if you like them on Facebook you'll see it in your newsfeed.

Just a tip for ordering, it's best to order your items in groups of three. Their shipping rates vary depending upon how many items you order, and ordering three items will give you the best rate ($1.46 per item).
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
killit
Maniac

That's a great tip! I was trying to crack that.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I was skeptical of this place because it just sounds a little odd. However, I ordered from them recently and the experience couldn't have been smoother. Prices were way cheaper than Amazon, package came way quicker than DD, and the packaging wasn't flimsy (also like DD). A+
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Katatonia
Master of Doom

The only thing that I dislike about them is that they charge you right away for any pre-ordered items. So if you want to order $200 or something during one of their sales, and it's all or mostly pre-orders, just be prepared to pay for it all in one lump and in advance.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The only thing that I dislike about them is that they charge you right away for any pre-ordered items. So if you want to order $200 or something during one of their sales, and it's all or mostly pre-orders, just be prepared to pay for it all in one lump and in advance.
I prefer it, it just means you don't have to worry about the funds later. Also, it doesn't make a mess of your credit card statement, as opposed to having random little charges pop up here and there, appearing and disappearing, and having to figure out which charge goes to what.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I started using them last fall, when my Amazon prime trial ran out and I was looking for an alternative for Scream Factory releases. I noticed they had a 15% off coupon, and the prices were good, so I gave them a try on Scream Factory's November pre-orders. I got all of them on the street date (except Night Of The Comet, which arrived a day later on Wednesday) and each one was $5 to $10 cheaper than Amazon. Compared to the prices on Amazon, it's almost like buy 3 get 1 free.

Also worked out perfectly, because I got Body Bags on the street date, and a lot of people who pre-ordered from Amazon didn't. Amazon had it backordered, and a lot of people were on the message boards complaining they didn't get theirs. So it was the perfect time for me to switch over.

I've been using them for Scream Factory releases ever since (except for the occasional Collector's Edition with poster exclusive, which I've been getting direct from Scream Factory).

Speaking of Scream Factory, they are running deals all June.

http://www.horrordigital.com/vb3foru...t=45389&page=2

Last edited by baggio; 06-11-2014 at 08:06 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

My introduction to Blowitoutahere was through Amazon marketplace, ironically. There were some BDs I wasn't willing to pay full price for so I ordered from blowitoutahere via Amazon. At the time I didn't really notice (or care) about delivery speed, packaging, etc but their prices were always cheaper. Most recently I bought something on ebay and the seller was blowitoutahere and, again, my package arrived reasonably fast. It was the Collateral steelbook and their price was the cheapest I could find anywhere. So, fed up with the high markups for cult titles on Amazon I let my Prime membership[ expire and needed to find a replacement for the Shout Factory and other independent labels' titles. Diabolik DVD are a trusted source but their prices can also be a bit steep. Importcds is dead to me after a few disastrous customer service experiences and long delivery times. Family Video pissed me off by not having a couple of titles in stock while everybody else did.

Last month I signed up with Blowitoutahere and ordered a Blu-ray as a test run. Not only did I receive it in 4 days but it was $8 cheaper than Amazon! That was enough for me. Currently I've got 4 preorders pending with 2 or 3 titles each. I saved a lot of money with these guys. I hope they stay independent cause if they don't they're going to end up being one more retailer to shove aside.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
spawningblue
Deadite

It's to bad they don't ship to Canada. Getting harder and harder to find worthwhile deals for us up here, at least where genre films are concerned. Amazon.com is completely out of the picture now with their insane shipping and duty charges.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #11
killit
Maniac

Here we go, damn I'm out of releases https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=151209362220
Edit nevermind
Ha I found all 3 gun club reissues which are like 50 bucks each for 64 total here shipped with this sale!

Last edited by killit; 06-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #12
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
It's to bad they don't ship to Canada. Getting harder and harder to find worthwhile deals for us up here, at least where genre films are concerned. Amazon.com is completely out of the picture now with their insane shipping and duty charges.
Weird. I am in Toronto and I just purchased a dvd from them on Ebay. I thought they were only an Ebay store at that. Mind you, it was one of a few copies of Slaughterhouse they have for sale at only $5. So maybe they will only ship to Canada for releases they are more desperate to unload?
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #13
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

I've never bought from blowitoutahere. Can the coupon code only be used once per customer or can you do multiple orders with the coupon code?
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #14
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
I've never bought from blowitoutahere. Can the coupon code only be used once per customer or can you do multiple orders with the coupon code?
Multiple times.

Perfect timing on the coupon code!

15% off $25 or more.
FATHERSDAY2014 valid through the 17th.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #15
Eddyw78
Stalker

I oredred from these guys omce a few months back from their Ebay shop. I ordered Maniac Cop 2 BD but they shipped the wrong disk and sent me the Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and World's End). I emailed them many times and also opened a case with Ebay but got no reply at all from their customer service so Ebay issued me a full refund and told me to keep the wrongly mailed Blu ray. Has anyone else tried contacting them for any reason and had the same problem as me? As it is I had never seen any of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies and thoroughly enjoyed them so it wasent all for nothing.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote