Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Calm down everyone. Rob said he wasn't gonna make any more horror movies after Lords of Salem, and his word is fucking bond motherfuckers!!

So you see, this simply is not possible, as that would make Rob a liar, which in turn would awaken the old Lords who would rain down fire and death on everyone. So yeah, either nothing happens or we all die, same shit!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Calm down everyone. Rob said he wasn't gonna make any more horror movies after Lords of Salem
I hate to admit it does seem too good to be true. But he turned down doing the first one at one point and then decided to do it after all.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Turns out that Justin's announcement was due to Scream Factory releasing asleep away Camp on BD.

So it's all down to whether the info from the event is correct or not and I'm willing to bet it isn't. We could be safe from another Zombie Halloween after all but unfortunately no closer to a new Halloween film

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #19
It's me, Billy
Maniac

I have no interest in any more Rob Zombie Halloweens with his ZZ Top/Grizzly Adams Michael Myers. Ugh, no.

Now, I would be willing to see a sequel (Halloween 9) to Halloween 8: Resurrection. It's been 11 (almost 12) years already. Was Halloween 8 intentionally left with an open ending? I think if Moustapha Akkad had not died, these Rob Zombie Halloweens would not have happened and we probably would have had a Halloween 9 by now.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's me, Billy View Post
I have no interest in any more Rob Zombie Halloweens with his ZZ Top/Grizzly Adams Michael Myers. Ugh, no.

Now, I would be willing to see a sequel (Halloween 9) to Halloween 8: Resurrection. It's been 11 (almost 12) years already. Was Halloween 8 intentionally left with an open ending? I think if Moustapha Akkad had not died, these Rob Zombie Halloweens would not have happened and we probably would have had a Halloween 9 by now.
I think they should do a straight to DVD H9 with Charles Cyphers returning.

I don't know if you can say that about Akkad though, he didn't mind the Halloween films following trends i.e. more creative kills in the later series, H20 building if the Scream success, H:R trying to cash in on the Blair Witch type stuff etc. So the latest trend is the reboot/remake one so he may have jumped on that anyway. Of course he nay nit have picked Zombie but he did cast Busta Ryhmes at his sons suggestion.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Here's the poster from the event the person from Halloweenmovies boards was on about

I also asked him if he asked Mane about it and this was the response he said Mane gave.

Quote:
Yeah, he looked SUPER concerned and set someone from his camp to take
them down. Told you all I wasnt crazy!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Paff for the win.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #23
thing
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Rob Zombie's involvement is always a mistake.
Lol, true this
Old 10-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...e-halloween-3/

Quote:
During a small press conference, Halloween Horror Nights creative director Mike Aiello and current Halloween series producer Malek Akkad (Moustapha Akkad’s son) spoke about the new Halloween-themed maze featured at the theme park. Later in the discussion, Akkad presented an update on Halloween 3.

“It’s been a joy to work with so many creative people – ten films,” Akkad said, touching on the franchise’s legacy. “We’re working on eleven as we speak. We’re working on a script right now. A new draft – perfect timing – is supposed to hit the day before Halloween. Hopefully my Halloween night reading will be a good read.”

Akkad remained secretive on the writers involved.
Not much but it's something

Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #25
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

When he says, "we're working on eleven", he isn't saying that it will be a continuation of the RZ opus, is he? I don't need either, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have a complete reboot than Rob Zombie's Halloween III.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #26
Jack_Burton
Victim

Hoping this will not continue off Zombie's films. They need to do another reboot or standalone film in the original series. Just make a reference to Michael terrorizing Haddonfield on Halloween and the fact that he hasn't been seen in years. And suddenly he returns again to kill. Something like that, but please no more Zombie movies. I don't want anything else set in the universe he created.
Jack_Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #27
indrid13
Stalker

If they do another film, they should follow the example of Toho with the Godzilla films. Use the first Halloween and maybe the second as a jumping off point for a new series.

My Blog
My DVDs
indrid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #28
Angelman
HackMaster

I'd watch a Rob Zombie re-make of Halloween 3, if it was a remake of the Michael-less Halloween III. I don't dislike Rob's films, but Halloween is such a classic boogeyman story whereas his movies are so rough and grind house-y, it just wasn't a match for me (though the 2nd one was a decent watch).
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #29
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

I only used thus thread as it seemed pointless starting a new one, it doesn't seem likely that Zombie is returning.

At the Q&A Akkad kind of dismissed RZH2, can't remember the exact wording he used but it's clear he wasn't very keen on it.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #30
booper71
HackMaster

The only way they are going to put fans in the seats is if they do a crossover with TCM, etc.