Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #31
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Why so defensive?
Is that defensive? It was in response to your condescending message addressed to "everyone else" in the thread.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #32
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
Is that defensive? It was in response to your condescending message addressed to "everyone else" in the thread.
Condescending to people is what gives me power. I was powering up.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #33
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
C'mon now, Tommy's gonna send you an autographed DVD of the movie if you cough up $250. No one here is gonna have to double dip if they just pay the $250.
Cool, itīs more expensive to get a free DVD than to contribute and spend your own money buying a copy.

And with that in mind letīs also throw in the mix the money he will be making selling those DVDs.

Let him go the guerrilla filmaking way. An HD camera is not that expensive to rent, he can produce his own effects by exploring those under his workshops, and they would also be very happy to contribute starring roles for free just for appearing in a movie made by the hum hum "master".

Last edited by Demoni; 09-11-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #34
Mok
Family is Forever

That kind of contempt would warrant a banning if I were in charge.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #35
X-human
I ate my keys

Tom Savini isn't a millionaire and getting money for a film is the hardest part about making a film. Even George Lucas was having zero luck funding Red Tails and spent all his own money instead.

But in regards to Kickstarters what's the difference between paying for a film and paying for a film? Seriously. If some people are willing to pay $250 to see Tom Savini's next zombie movie should Savini turn these people away and raise the money the hard way? Look how well that's been going for him since 1990.

I agree it's crazy to start up kickstarters to fund wide release mass entertainment, but already looking at the low turnout for Savini's kickstarter and its clear why he's having trouble finding funding anywhere. It looks like he needs all the help he can get.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
Paff

Yeah, I'm in the camp that says this goes against the spirit of Kickstarter (and not because of Tom's attitude at cons....by the way, he was indeed a bit aloof the time I met him, but certainly not rude). Oh, I know Tom Savini doesn't have the money to fund a movie all on his own, but like X-Human points out, no director does. That's why the industry has "Executive Producers".

Still, Tom Savini has enough industry connections and enough pull to secure funding on his own. It may not be easy, but he does have those connections. He's gotta have a treatment, a plan, and find a studio who will get on board. I'm of the opinion that Kickstarter is intended for people that don't even have those connections at all. I.E., Tom Savini could get a meeting with the Weinsteins if he wanted (and my guess is he probably did, got turned down, and that's why he's on Kickstarter). I've never given money to a Kickstarter project, but if I did, it would be to the type of person who can't even get a foot in the door at one of the major players and has to go outside the system to get his/her film made.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Yeah, I'm in the camp that says this goes against the spirit of Kickstarter (and not because of Tom's attitude at cons....).
Just to clarify, I am not saying that either - only pointing out the irony in asking for a hand-out from fans when one has a tendency to treat them indifferently in person.

I'm sure if he really tried, he could find the money. The last I checked plenty of Zombie movies are being made right now. Maybe he should talk to Brad Pitt.

Last edited by deepred; 09-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #38
baggio
HackMaster

They should all fund their movie the easy way....

The Uwe Boll way! The German Loop Hole!

P.S. - He using kickstarter for Postal 2

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tal-2?ref=live

For $10,000 you will receive an executive producer credit and you will be participating on the worldwide revenues of the movie.

See at least here you have a chance of making money. And Uwe Boll's kickstarter is NOT flexible funding. If they don't reach the goal, no money is taken. Unlike Tom's which gets the money regardless.

Uwe Boll on using real celebrities in Postal 2:

“I always wanted to rape Heidi Klum, so why not?”

Send your money now!

Last edited by baggio; 09-12-2013 at 07:28 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #39
j tea
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Jeez...another Zombie movie?
The genre has been oversaturated during the last 10 years, to the point that I donīt give a shit anymore.
Amen. Another DTV zombie movie? Was Nick Cannon not available to play Tony Todd's son?

Nobody has mentioned that the premise sounds like a colossal snore. It sounds like all he has is one shot of zombies blending into the woods? The rest of it he made up after someone turned the camera on.

Also "all you see is black faces and smiling teeth"? Stay classy.
j tea is offline   Reply With Quote