Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Waxwork/Waxwork II - Double Feature Blu Ray?

No this isn't an announcement...yet.

A good friend of mine by the name of Stacy Still has set out in a similar endeavor to my quest to get THE VIDEO DEAD released on DVD.

As many of you know, that campaign got its start right here on HorrorDVDs and Stacy has asked me if I wouldn't mind helping her get the word out that she's trying to do the same thing with her favorite film. I couldn't find a reason to say no.

So head on on over to her Facebook page and click that like button, let's see if we can indeed get lightening to strike twice and make another fan's favorite film get the release it justly deserves!

WAXWORK Blu Ray Page
Old 11-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Only now seeing this. Here's hoping.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Getmoredvdsout
Victim

I've shown my support. Hopefully everyone on this board will as well.
Getmoredvdsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #4
Undeadcow
Stalker

Arent these buried in the film cemetary that is Lions Gate? I'd like to see the Warlocks get release but we are talking about a studio that sat on Phantasm.

Edit: Waxworks, not Warlocks.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-13-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Undeadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Arent these buried in the film cemetary that is Lions Gate? I'd like to see the Warlocks get release but we are talking about a studio that sat on Phantasm.
And they don't care about quality either. Have you seen their amazing master of WISHMASTER on netflix? It looks like they blew up a full frame tape master to 16x9. And their dVD of SLAUGHTER HIGH is just beautiful...not. LionsGate do not care, plain and simple, and do not sub-license, unlike MGM, so all cool stuff with them are in purgatory.
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:59 AM   #6
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBeach View Post
And they don't care about quality either. Have you seen their amazing master of WISHMASTER on netflix? It looks like they blew up a full frame tape master to 16x9. And their dVD of SLAUGHTER HIGH is just beautiful...not. LionsGate do not care, plain and simple, and do not sub-license, unlike MGM, so all cool stuff with them are in purgatory.
I'd hardly say they "don't care". Did you by any chance happen to see the MY BLOODY VALENTINE uncut DVD/Blu Ray? Yeah, that was them. THE MONSTER SQUAD, them too. More recently, the LEPRECHAUN collection - um all six movies with special features and not to mention including the new film (even though it's utter shit). I think it's more of a matter of them looking at something and going, "Will this sell" or "How has it sold in the past?" as a majority of their horror catalog has been released as opposed to say, MGM who had to license their stuff out due to them nearly going bankrupt.

Considering at one point Lionsgate was one of the only mainstream studios that took horror seriously, I'd say it's safe to say they're the ones who care the most about their catalog in terms of past releases. Are they just putting out special editions left and right? Well no, of course not, that's not great business. I mean does anyone here think GHOULIES III warrants a special edition release? No, not really. In fact, someone here was complaining because the first two films are getting the Scream treatment and they didn't understand why.

If Lionsgate sees a market for a title or a genre of titles, they'll do what they can to release them in some capacity. But to say they just flat out don't care is a tad overboard.