Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Zombieland: The Series has been cancelled!

Talk about quick. Only a mere few weeks after premiering the pilot for the Zombieland series, based on the 2009 movie, on Amazon Instant, has been cancelled. I haven't had the chance to check it out, but, from the reviews, it doesn't seem worth while. Since the announcement, the series co-writer/executive producer Rhett Reese has taken to Twitter (sigh) to vent his feeling stating:

Quote:
Our Zombieland series will not be moving forward on Amazon. Sad for everyone involved. I'll never understand the vehement hate the pilot received from die-hard Zombieland fans. You guys successfully hated it out of existence. Anyway, we did our best, and we're very proud of our team.
Wow, what a douche bag. It sucks the show didn't get a fair chance, but to shit all over "die hard Zombieland fans" for not liking it is incredibly egotistical and obnoxious.

Last edited by Hatchetwarrior; 05-18-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Hatchetwarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
booper71
HackMaster

Exactly why I don't watch tv anymore, almost everything these days is on a short leash and the series has no resolutions.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
hots4
Stalker

I can understand, from what it seems everyone shit on it from a great height and stopped the chances of it progressing, the problem with people on the internet, they seem to go to extremes, so while most people did not enjoy it, they probably wrote it was the worst fucking thing they had ever seen, I enjoyed it, to be honest, not amazing but with less than 30 mins to make an impression it did not have to much time, I was looking forward to see where it went.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
Wow, what a douche bag. It sucks the show didn't get a fair chance, but to shit all over "die hard Zombieland fans" for not liking it is incredibly egotistical and obnoxious.
I wouldn't go so far as to call him a douche bag.

I work in the film and television industry in Canada (which, in many ways, is far more dream crushing than the American film/television industry) and when you put your heart and soul into a project, only to have it crushed due to popular opinion and bandwagon-jumpers, you'd be pretty pissed off as well.

The general population, especially when near a computer, is a CUNT.

Pity this series didn't even have a chance. I wasn't a huge fan of the film, but I would have at least liked to check this series out.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Dave
Pimp

I always go into a new series expecting it to be canceled, especially on Fox. At one point I swore off trying new shows until they were a few seasons in. What a pleasant surprise to see the hilarious Bob's Burgers survive on Fox. I'm disappointed no blurays but can live with that.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Dave
Pimp

I hope with places like Netflix and Amazon trying to produce their own shows, there is interest in keeping some series alive. Or, better yet, they create their own series that will thrive.

Imagine if we had multiple seasons of Freaks and Geeks? Too late now...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
dave13
HackMaster

wait a minute...there are "die hard" Zombieland fans? really?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I hated the Zombieland movie. I'll never understand for the love for it. It's not funny.

Woody is great as always and the opening credits are cool. About it for me.

I never gave the pilot a chance but everyone I talked to said it was terrible.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
wait a minute...there are "die hard" Zombieland fans? really?
That was my thought as well, that's not a "die hard fans" kind of movie. I really liked Zombieland on my first viewing, liked it a bit less on my second and final viewing. It's pretty fun but it's really a one or two viewing movie in my opinion.

I watched the pilot but didn't vote for it or against it because I was that indifferent to it. I didn't vote immediately after viewing it and then after that I just completely forgot I had viewed it. Boring actors (though the girl was hot) and the whole episode was just "find a human who can help us, have them get attacked by zombies" over and over again. You can't do the same joke more than once in a 20 minute TV show, that's just shitty thinking. I will say watching the zombie run from the 76 gas station ball was great, but that's the only thing I remember enjoying.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I didn't realize it was free (or that it had even been released yet). I see they've got the pilot on there. I might give it a try.

Even though it was cancelled, are they going to be adding the rest of the episodes? They filmed more than one, didn't they?
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
hots4
Stalker

no, that was the whole point of this.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Weird, most shows usually have the first couple episodes in the can before the pilot debuts. No wonder it didn't work out then.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #13
booper71
HackMaster

On a related but different note, don't you think being able to watch a whole season at once like Netflix is doing with brand new Netflix shows, makes the wait for the next season excruciatingly long?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by booper71 View Post
On a related but different note, don't you think being able to watch a whole season at once like Netflix is doing with brand new Netflix shows, makes the wait for the next season excruciatingly long?
my wife and i typically wait and buy a show on dvd, then watch it over a week/weekend. then wait a year until the next season is released. so yes, that year is a looooong time to wait. but we love watching the episodes consecutively, so its worth it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
I can understand, from what it seems everyone shit on it from a great height and stopped the chances of it progressing, the problem with people on the internet, they seem to go to extremes, so while most people did not enjoy it, they probably wrote it was the worst fucking thing they had ever seen, I enjoyed it, to be honest, not amazing but with less than 30 mins to make an impression it did not have to much time, I was looking forward to see where it went.
Totally agree!

For you guys asking about more eps. I believe they only did a pilot. Amazon Prime did a bunch of pilots and are letting people vote for what they want to be a series. I've only watched this and Supanatural (which was awful!).
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote