Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Evil Dead remake?
Awesome - great movie 24 36.36%
Good, but not great 15 22.73%
Okay, nothing special 10 15.15%
Terrible, did not like it 12 18.18%
Have not seen it but want to 1 1.52%
Have not seen it and do not want to 4 6.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #16
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
That would only be a good reason if you could say the original was, which it wasn't. That's what makes it laughable.

I thought it carried over most of the key elements for the original quite well. I don't really know what you mean by lacking its heart and soul. The people behind this have a lot of respect for the original and I think it shows.


I was under the impression that this was what most fans think. Personally I disagree and like the original more.
I'm pretty sure the original came out on top when we did a poll on the topic.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:31 AM   #17
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I don't really know what you mean by lacking its heart and soul. The people behind this have a lot of respect for the original and I think it shows.
The producers of the original FOG said exactly the same things Raimi and Co. said about their own remake several years ago and I still thought it was dog shit. Just because the original creators gave the okay doesn't make the end result any better. They're not exactly inclined to give the film a bad rap after all the money invested, ARE THEY?
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #18
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I'm pretty sure the original came out on top when we did a poll on the topic.
Must have missed that one. Every fan I seem to hear or talk to is always raving about the sequel. Glad that isn't the case then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
The producers of the original FOG said exactly the same things Raimi and Co. said about their own remake several years ago and I still thought it was dog shit. Just because the original creators gave the okay doesn't make the end result any better. They're not exactly inclined to give the film a bad rap after all the money invested, ARE THEY?
Well the difference there was that the FOG remake was actually a pile of shit whereas the Evil Dead remake isn't
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #19
Marshall Crist
Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 335
Haven't seen it; feel no particular urgency to do so.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Well the difference there was that the FOG remake was actually a pile of shit whereas the Evil Dead remake isn't
Excuse me, but apparently I as well as others beg to differ.

No difference. Both are shit. Neither comes close to equalling the original. The end.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #21
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Excuse me, but apparently I as well as others beg to differ.

No difference. Both are shit. Neither comes close to equalling the original. The end.
Hey you don't have to like the ED remake but to say it's complete shit is stretching it to the point where it must be near impossible to please you. If you're that adamant about hating it I don't see why you even keep checking this thread.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #22
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Must have missed that one. Every fan I seem to hear or talk to is always raving about the sequel. Glad that isn't the case then.
I just did a search and found a couple of polls and The Orignal one both of them and they weren't even that close.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Hey you don't have to like the ED remake but to say it's complete shit is stretching it to the point where it must be near impossible to please you. If you're that adamant about hating it I don't see why you even keep checking this thread.
It's looking like vast majority on here enjoyed the film. The ones that didn't just seem to be the most outspoken about it.

Last edited by Ash28M; 05-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Hey you don't have to like the ED remake but to say it's complete shit is stretching it to the point where it must be near impossible to please you. If you're that adamant about hating it I don't see why you even keep checking this thread.
Hey, I never said it was "complete" shit. The Fog was complete Shit. The Evil Dead was just shit with a small S. Please don't put words in my mouth. 2.5: That's my score. But in a sense I guess that's even worse than earning a zero because that means that it was even mediocre in its suckitude. At least The Fog offended me. This was just sort of.... Blah.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #24
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I just did a search and found a couple of polls and The Orignal one both of them and they weren't even that close.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead
We are just a small slice of the viewing public so our own internal polling numbers don't mean very much to the wider world. More mainstream people widely prefer the sequel over the original and they outnumber us.

Quote:
It's looking like vast majority on here enjoyed the film. The ones that didn't just seem to be the most outspoken about it.
And I have always said this film was made for you, not for me. The only reason I say as much about the film as I do is because I always get the impression that my opinion offends you guys because it is always attacked with assumptions about "why" I "really" "hated" it and I keep having to defend my point of view. (Not so much in this thread, but in the much older one from last month.)

Last edited by maybrick; 05-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #25
Ash28M
HackMaster
 
Ash28M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 5,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
We are just a small slice of the viewing public so our own internal polling numbers don't mean very much to the wider world. More mainstream people widely prefer the sequel over the original and they outnumber us.

The opinion of non horror fans, most whom of which haven't even seen Evil dead 2, count more to you then life long horror fans?

Last edited by Ash28M; 05-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
The opinion of non horror fans, most whom of which haven't even seen Evil dead 2, count more to you then life long horror fans?
See, there you go. You're making the assumption that I'm talking about non-horror fans. I'm clearly not. Certainly you agree that there are levels of fandom, right? The amount of only seeing black and white around here is ridiculous!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I just did a search and found a couple of polls and The Orignal one both of them and they weren't even that close.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ight=evil+dead




It's looking like vast majority on here enjoyed the film. The ones that didn't just seem to be the most outspoken about it.
Wow, those are some good numbers. Well it's nice to know at least a lot of the people on here prefer the original. The sequel is good and I love it too but the comedy gags are a little too over the top. It takes away from the brutality which is what gives the original the one up.

I agree, it seems only a few seem to have a BIG issue with the remake.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #28
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Hey, I never said it was "complete" shit. The Fog was complete Shit. The Evil Dead was just shit with a small S. Please don't put words in my mouth. 2.5: That's my score. But in a sense I guess that's even worse than earning a zero because that means that it was even mediocre in its suckitude. At least The Fog offended me. This was just sort of.... Blah.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. Shit is shit, there's no different levels. At the end of the day it's all crap. So you either think the Evil Dead is shit or you don't, "complete" or otherwise.

I personally don't see how anyone could think it was shit. If you didn't like it fine, but I wouldn't call it a bad movie.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
russweiss
Maniac
 
russweiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 970
I would say that giving a film a 2.5 out of 10 is saying it's pretty much shit and I agree with Zombie Dude that the film doesn't deserve that rating.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #30
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Hey, I never said it was "complete" shit. The Fog was complete Shit. The Evil Dead was just shit with a small S. Please don't put words in my mouth. 2.5: That's my score. But in a sense I guess that's even worse than earning a zero because that means that it was even mediocre in its suckitude. At least The Fog offended me. This was just sort of.... Blah.
yeah, i'd honestly forgotten that i'd even seen it until this thread popped back up. that was, what...2 months ago? and it's already gone from my long term memory.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com