Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #46
WesReviews
HackMaster

More examples of stolen design elements by Justin 'Slasher Design' Osbourn...

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #47
hots4
Stalker

i think the texas chainsaw 2 comparison is really 'clutching at straws', but you can't deny the others the schizold/prowler hester prynne one is shocking.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #48
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
i think the texas chainsaw 2 comparison is really 'clutching at straws',
I thought so too the first time I saw it, but upon closer examination, the black blotch marks on the side of the saw blade are exact. The image has just been reversed in Photoshop. It's the same chainsaw image, though.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #49
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

The tee shirt is the worst, just a straight up copy with slightly different colors sold as something new. Wack!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Milliner View Post
Please, please, please check your facts before posting this kind of statement. Justin Osbourn did the coverart for "Lifeforce". I did however do the coverart for "The Howling." And in regards to The Howling, the heads of the three actors on the cover were referenced from stills from the film--everything else was drawn from my own imagination.
I corrected my error a few posts back, after I realized I had the wrong guy. Sorry.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #51
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I still can't place that face from the SkeletonWitch shirt, and it's driving me nuts.

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #52
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The one drinking the beer? I know he has used that image before on the Fright Rags Silent Night, Deadly Night shirt/poster…I don’t know if that’s an original drawing or if its lifted too…probably lifted.

Some of these examples are just hard to understand why he wouldn’t just draw it in…even if he just simply traced the image. I’m not too concerned about the t-shirt graphics I guess, but the album art is just unacceptable.

Though still no word from Justin, eh?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #53
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
So far, nothing.

He even deleted (or possibly just deactivated) his Facebook page.

Sad thing is, he's already been hired by Scream Factory to do another 2 Blu-ray covers for upcoming releases. One of which, is probably their most anticipated release of the Fall.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #54
hots4
Stalker

is the face on the SkeletonWitch shirt from the stuff?
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #55
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
is the face on the SkeletonWitch shirt from the stuff?
I thought the same earlier and did a Google image search for "The Stuff" but nothing came up similar. That same type of face/pose - the upward scream - is featured on numerous giallo and slasher film posters, but I haven't been able to find the exact same image yet.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #56
nateynate87
Victim

So it appears he LITERALLY has no artistic ability whatsoever.......

He's just a photoshopper.

I'm amazed it's taken this long to realize, it really looks like he has no original art at all.
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #57
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I thought that at first too, The Stuff... might be from Silent Night Deadly Night, or one of those Amicus anthology flicks...

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #58
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
He needs to pull out those piercings in his lips, and let the bullshit ooze out.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #59
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I wouldn’t say he has no artistic ability…the dude has a pretty good eye for laying out a design, and is more than likely a whiz at Photoshop. It’s definitely not an easy task trying to composite several images from so many different sources and then try to make everything look like one cohesive hand drawn piece like that.

Man…if he would have just traced the images so that they weren’t just identical cut and pastes, I doubt we’d be having this conversation. It just sucks that people are confusing this guy with other artists, like Nathan…if anything that should be a reason for Justin to come forth with an explanation, so these other artists don’t get pulled through the mud.

Last edited by Chomp; 03-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #60
Dobby
HackMaster

Funny how nobody complaints or cries when some Rapper takes an old song and changes nothing but the lyrics.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote