Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
This guy is fishy...why would he take the time to draw everything else, but then Photoshop the little insignificant astronauts into the design?...doesn't make sense.
People are finding multiple pieces of various stolen artwork in single pieces that he claims to have produced. I bet the buildings that are in the Lifeforce artwork are lifted from another source and so on ...
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #32
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

would Railsback head count? Its off a film he did called THE SURVIVALIST.

ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #33
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Ha...oh boy.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #34
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Yup... And I swear that swirly "black hole" I recognized from Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness but I haven't been able to find any pics online to confirm my nagging suspicion.. But I know I've seen it before somewhere.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #35
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Nathan Thomas Milliner did the cover for Scream's LIFEFORCE, not this guy. Milliner also did the HOWLING cover, too.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #36
Shawn Francis
Maniac

I think Scream delayed LIFEFORCE to June because they forgot to interview FX artist, Nick Maley. I contacted Nick when I heard they were gonna do LIFEFORCE. Nick replied saying he got in contact with Shout and that they were gonna set something up. He then mailed me later on, when the date was already set for April telling me Shout NEVER got back to him. Then suddenly this delay is announced. I'm thinking they had finally remembered they forgot something.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #37
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Francis View Post
Nathan Thomas Milliner did the cover for Scream's LIFEFORCE, not this guy. Milliner also did the HOWLING cover, too.
Quote from Nathan Thomas Milliner:
Quote:
This is Nathan Thomas Milliner. I am writing to end my name being involved in this terrible situation. Justin Osbourn has only done one cover for Scream Factory. The LIFEFORCE coverart. I provided artwork for Halloween 2, 3 , Terror Train, The Funhouse, The Burning, Deadly Blessing and The Howling. I can assure you that all of them were hand drawn by me using images from the film or from myself. The images used from the film were photographs approved by the studio. In the case of the H3 cover. It is not The Tall Man but Dan O' Herlihy from H3 with drawings of hands I referenced from a photo I took of my own hands. The Dude Designs name was also brought up. Dude did the They Live cover and is not guilty of plagarism. This is all on Justin so please keep our reputations from being drug around in the mud with his. I am the one appearing at HorrorHound Weekend as I have worked for the company for five years. You can see my original Scream Factory artwork at my booth. I assure you it was all drawn by me and not cut and pasted from other artist's work. I feel sad for the situation but when I saw my name getting confused with Osbourn's I had to comment and clear it up. I will not have my name tarnished by the irresponsible actions of another artist.
Source
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #38
Shawn Francis
Maniac

I was just coming back here to alter my post, after I remembered seeing that on blu-ray. You know I LOVE that LIFEFORCE cover.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #39
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
You know I LOVE that LIFEFORCE cover.
I actually like it a lot myself.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #40
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quick question, does this look familiar?

How about now?

How about this one?

And now?

Oh and one of my favorites;

Notice the two zombies, now do THEY look familiar;

And the toure de force;

Do I really need to post a comparison to this one? Oh, what the hell;

Point is, this isn't the first time something like this has happened and an original artist has gone uncredited or that an image was used to advertise something else it wasn't originally connected with. It's nothing new, at least not to me.

Should he have cited the original artists' pieces? Sure, it would have been the right thing to do, but is he the first to do this? Absolutely not. Is he the first it appears everyone's caring about? Guess so.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #41
maybrick
HackMaster

Too true. The thing I've always loved about the virgin among the living dead is that the zombie most prominently displayed upon that Wizard cover is Simon Garth, the main character from the 1970s Marvel Comics series "Tales of the Zombie". I've always been mystified with how they got away with that one.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #42
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Point is, this isn't the first time something like this has happened and an original artist has gone uncredited or that an image was used to advertise something else it wasn't originally connected with. It's nothing new, at least not to me.

Should he have cited the original artists' pieces? Sure, it would have been the right thing to do, but is he the first to do this? Absolutely not. Is he the first it appears everyone's caring about? Guess so.
Bravo, you've pointed out the obvious. Of course this has happened in the past, everyone here knows this kind of stuff has been happening for ages...take Bathory's self titled for example, or Slayer's Hell Awaits cover, or even The Misfits famous fiend skull...its nothing new. But what this Justin guy has done has taken it to a whole nother level. This isn't an isolated case of some uknown dude jacking an image off the net and crudely slapping it on the cover of his deathcore demo. This guy's ENTIRE work is based on compositing and disguising previously drawn artwork and passing it off and promoting it as his own original hand drawn material; famous pieces mind you, from artists held in high regard, such as Julie Bell and Frank Frazetta. And this Justin fellow has misled his paying clients (high profile clients to boot) and gained quite the popularity as an "artist" by doing so. That is where the outrage stems from.

Anybody who condones this type of thievery with "this sorta thing happens all the time" clearly isn't understanding the true scope of all this...they also may even want to consider taking into question their own personal morales.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #43
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Bravo, you've pointed out the obvious. Of course this has happened in the past, everyone here knows this kind of stuff has been happening for ages...take Bathory's self titled for example, or Slayer's Hell Awaits cover, or even The Misfits famous fiend skull...its nothing new. But what this Justin guy has done has taken it to a whole nother level. This isn't an isolated case of some uknown dude jacking an image off the net and crudely slapping it on the cover of his deathcore demo. This guy's ENTIRE work is based on compositing and disguising previously drawn artwork and passing it off and promoting it as his own original hand drawn material; famous pieces mind you, from artists held in high regard, such as Julie Bell and Frank Frazetta. And this Justin fellow has misled his paying clients (high profile clients to boot) and gained quite the popularity as an "artist" by doing so. That is where the outrage stems from.

Anybody who condones this type of thievery with "this sorta thing happens all the time" clearly isn't understanding the true scope of all this...they also may even want to consider taking into question their own personal morales.
Okay so explain how that is different from the DAY OF THE DEAD cover using the RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD zombie? It's another film's image being used to advertise another from a legitimate company.

I'm not saying I condone the stealing of art from others, it's wrong and deceitful - but it's again not the first time it has happened. That's the only point I was trying to make here.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #44
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Okay so explain how that is different from the DAY OF THE DEAD cover using the RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD zombie? It's another film's image being used to advertise another from a legitimate company.
Re-read my post.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #45
Nathan Milliner
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Please, please, please check your facts before posting this kind of statement. Justin Osbourn did the coverart for "Lifeforce". I did however do the coverart for "The Howling." And in regards to The Howling, the heads of the three actors on the cover were referenced from stills from the film--everything else was drawn from my own imagination.
Nathan Milliner is offline   Reply With Quote