Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
You're not the only one. I couldn't get into The Walking Dead even from the first episodes... zombies or not, the style of the show bored me senseless. I've yet to see one AMC original show that I've been able to stand watching more than a few episodes of.
No , no, no ... not The Walking Dead Katatonia. I was speaking of that Talking Dead show that comes on after. The show that discusses the newest episode.

The Walking Dead I enjoy very much.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
I don't get Kevin Smith though. He's obviously a huge geek, but other than Red State, he's never made a horror, sci-fi, or super hero movie. He just makes vulgar comedies. What's up with that?
Have no idea if you have seen his movies or not, but Sci-fi ,Comic Books, Super Heroes are a big part of just about every one of his movies. Kevin also wrote a script for a Superman movie in 1996. Once Tim Burton got the green light to direct, they dropped Smith's script. Obviously Burton project never materialized and the Superman movie went in a totally different direction. Then there was the Green Hornet, which Kevin wrote a screenplay for. That never worked out, but he turned the screenplay into a Green Hornet mini series comic.

Last edited by baggio; 11-30-2012 at 04:20 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
No , no, no ... not The Walking Dead Katatonia. I was speaking of that Talking Dead show that comes on after. The show that discusses the newest episode.

The Walking Dead I enjoy very much.
Get ready for more Talking Dead, they’re moving it up to an hour long. I really don’t mind Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick is actually quite amusing…I didn’t know he was that big of a nerd.

What I do hate about Talking Dead is when they have people on the show, that don’t have any business being on there in the first place. That episode with Sarah Silverman and that d00d from Good Charlotte made me want to vomit. Watching Sarah Silverman try to speak intricately induces images of primates throwing feces. That woman is swine.

I remember one time they had Napoleon Dynamite on there as well…just totally wtf? I understand they need celebrity face value for this type of talk show inspired thing but c’mon.

The guests should always include at least one person that is affiliated with The Walking Dead in some way. I mean, the show is damn interesting when Robert Kirkman or Greg Nicotero show up.

Comic Book Men is getting bumped to Thursday…what the hell is that about? Is Thursday suppose to be AMC’s reality night? They got that Freakshow show airing that night and some other low brow reality entertainment show. Eeeesh…I see AMC is dipping into TLC-type exploitative degeneration-territory there.

Last edited by Chomp; 12-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #19
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Does The Walking Dead really need it's own talk show? Pretty soon they'll be giving The Talking Dead it's own talk show.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
Chomp

No it doesn’t but, like I said it’s interesting at times. I like when Kirkman shows up because he usually discusses the parallels between the comic and the TV show and sometimes they divulge in a few tidbits about the comic itself. Which is cool because there isn’t a whole hell of a lot of shows devoted to the comic book medium let alone one devoted entirely to ZOMBIES.

Or when Nicotero talks about effects, his history, behind the scenes stuff, writing/directing and zombie stuff in general. Or when a cast member shows up to talk about their experiences. Sort of like a live version of a interview or commentary you’d get on a DVD. The discussions also tend to dip into a deeper level at times, discussing certain social themes and such, but it usually seems kind of out of place because the show is so strongly comedy driven. It’s hard to take those aspects serious.

I don’t mind the show…they just need to keep the guests interesting and relevant. It would be awesome if they could get Romero and Kirkman on together, but sadly, I heard Romero isn’t a fan.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Jack Grendel
Victim

An interesting guest line up would Greg Nicotero & say Tom Savini
Jack Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
It would be awesome if they could get Romero and Kirkman on together, but sadly, I heard Romero isn’t a fan.
No kidding? Did he say what it was he didn't like?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Chomp

I think it was about a year ago when he was asked to direct an episode or two. He declined and said he admires the comic (haha “admires” TWD is 10x better than the zombie (Toe Tags) comic you put out; jealousy maybe?), but since they are not “his zombies” he has no interest in being a part of any of it (well what the hell was that horrid Resident Evil script then?)

Sometimes when I read some of these interviews given by Romero, it seems he hates the zombie trend he started, yet he keeps milking the idea himself. It’s obvious his films tend to get weaker and weaker, yet he continues to dish out zombie related material. Although I recently revisited Survival of the Dead, and aside from the atrocious CGI, I actually found it to be sort of enjoyable.

Whatever, the guy is elderly, let him do whatever the fuck he wants.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #24
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
I think it was about a year ago when he was asked to direct an episode or two. He declined and said he admires the comic (haha “admires” TWD is 10x better than the zombie (Toe Tags) comic you put out; jealousy maybe?), but since they are not “his zombies” he has no interest in being a part of any of it (well what the hell was that horrid Resident Evil script then?)

Sometimes when I read some of these interviews given by Romero, it seems he hates the zombie trend he started, yet he keeps milking the idea himself. It’s obvious his films tend to get weaker and weaker, yet he continues to dish out zombie related material. Although I recently revisited Survival of the Dead, and aside from the atrocious CGI, I actually found it to be sort of enjoyable.

Whatever, the guy is elderly, let him do whatever the fuck he wants.
I feel for Romero. His initial zombie trilogy set the standard for the modern zombie. Hollywood won't touch him, while projects such as Resident Evil, The Walking Dead and World War Z to name a few receive endless budgets. Romero can only get backed to make a "dead" film, but with a miniscule budget.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #25
Dobby
HackMaster

All this Romero talk reminds me of Land Of The Dead. I been wanting to forget that god awful film. Day Of The Dead was the last decent zombie film i have ever enjoyed. All these modern hipster zombie flicks/TV crap i can do without.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #26
Paff

I wonder if Romero is anything like The Ramones. As in, they were playing fast three-chord shit for 20 years, when suddenly Green Day does the exact same thing but becomes millionaires.
More people probably watched last night's episode of The Walking Dead than saw Dawn of the Dead in the first five years after it was released. I'd be bitter too.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #27
Jack Grendel
Victim

I think what it's like the whole frankenstein ordeal. Romero had a hand in creating the whole zombie mythos & now he can't do the projects he wants to do because the whole zombie thing has become so huge. I think now he regrets his part in it.
Jack Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #28
Chomp

He certainly can’t regret it that much…the guy is still making zombie movies! I love George. His contribution to horror films and film history is immeasurable. But the guy has been dethroned. Kirkman is Zombie King now. And his empire, which was built up a lot like Romero’s (started off independently) is the second best thing to happen to the genre. Kirkman was just lucky enough to be able to create his works in this point in time. TV Shows, video games, merchandising…Romero is just salty he was never able to cash in like that or garnish that type of media attention. Different times bro.

And honestly, Kirkman’s storytelling and writing skills are just as good as Romero’s ever were if not better.

P.S. Land of the Dead is awesome.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #29
dirkwu
Bannable Lector

Quote:
The Walking Dead is infinitely better now. The first season, aside from the pilot and a few moments in a couple of episodes, is damn near unwatchable. Believe me man, I was bored to tears watching the fucking show, but I stuck it out....it wasn't until about halfway through the second season did the show start to become enjoyable. Now, the show is damn near the best thing on TV... that I watch anyway.

And don't anybody talk shit about Comic Book Men...it may not be the most intelligent thing on TV, but its a guilty pleasure of mine...probably for all who are the least bit fans of the View Askewniverse. It has its moments.
Walking dead was sucking and they fired all of their writer after the 2nd episode of the second season and found some people who knew how to tell a story. It has been awesome ever since!

BTW, anyone play the walking dead videogame episodes on steam? they look pretty killer...
Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #30
Chomp

Yeah...the game fuckin rocks. Intense storytelling.