Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #46
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I'm surprised how much I'm digging the new season, and even more as it starts to fall into place and wrap-up. Fun idea bringing back actors and actress' for completely different roles. My girl still thinks they will tie into season 1 somehow, but I don't see that and hope not to see that.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #47
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I'm surprised how much I'm digging the new season, and even more as it starts to fall into place and wrap-up. Fun idea bringing back actors and actress' for completely different roles. My girl still thinks they will tie into season 1 somehow, but I don't see that and hope not to see that.
Yeah, I don't see that either, and hope that's not the case. Finally caught up with the two January episodes thus far. I didn't think it could get much crazier, but The Name Game sequence definitely caught me off guard. We can now add the musical to the genres they've touched upon this season.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #48
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I read that the show is conceived as an anthology which each season being independent of each other. So hopefully it will not tie in, I'm with you.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #49
Paff

I dunno, I think I'd like it if there was some nod to the other seasons more than just the fact that many of the same actors from season 1 are in season 2. Something just for the hardcore fans to notice, but not something that would make it confusing if you hadn't seen all seasons. So you could still enjoy it as a stand-alone, but the faithful viewers would be rewarded as well.

I do like the concept of different stories each year, as it enables the producers to kill off a character only to bring back the same actor in a different role next year. I mean, as an actor I don't think I'd want to be in a TV show where my character could be killed at any time, then I'd be back looking for work again. But in the horror genre, there HAS to be that element of danger, that factor that no one is safe, ever. AHS' concept allows for both. Your character could die a horrible, spectacular death mid-season, you get a mini vacation, then you're back shooting the next year as someone completely different. If you play a good character this year, you might play a bad one next year, or vice versa (which they're already doing).

It's really a clever and refreshing take on horror, especially on the small screen.

Now if they could just get that red-headed maid back....

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #50
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Yup, bring back the smoking hot maid AND smoking hot Connie Britton too!
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #51
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

I was surprised at the whole change of locations at the beginning of this season. I think it's for the best now because there was only so much they could do with the horror house. I like this setup now. But I too wish that the hot maid actress came back. Also Kate Mara for that matter.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #52
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

I don't know how they are going to rap up this season in one episode. I liked this season, but thought it was a bit of a cluster fuck with no real cohesion and no real story, unlike the first season.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #53
msw7
Morso a morte

Some details for Season 3 have just been reported on - apparently some of the cast from seasons 1 and 2 will return

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32.../#more-3214102
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #54
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

The finale apparently is the best episode of the season, wraps up all loose ends very well.
I'm excited i've loved this season

It's speculated from clues that season 3 will deal with witches/voodoo. It's going to take on a more light/comedic feel, similar to season 1.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #55
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyr789 View Post
The finale apparently is the best episode of the season, wraps up all loose ends very well.
I'm excited i've loved this season

It's speculated from clues that season 3 will deal with witches/voodoo. It's going to take on a more light/comedic feel, similar to season 1.
Hope it's true, cuz there are a few loose ends that need tying up.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #56
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

oh apparently Ryan Murphy is remaking The Town that Dreaded Sundown, with one of AHS' directors, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon! He directed "I Am Anne Frank, Part 2" and "Spilt Milk" this season's most cinematically accomplished episodes. Those are my two favorite episodes of the season!

The article says we should expect a Blu-Ray/DVD of the original!

http://www.examiner.com/article/amer...-horror-remake

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #57
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I have actually been enjoying Season 2 just as much as Season 1. Will be purchasing the Blu-Ray of Season 2 when it comes out, and can't wait until Season 3, which hopefully, will be sometime in October.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
JIMX1975
Stalker

What did you guys think of the Finale?
JIMX1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #59
Paff

I caught up to it tongiht and was a bit disappointed. For a season that was so off the rails earlier, they really slowed it down and seemed to try to be rational. Unfortunately, that also meant boring.

I'll still buy the Blu-Ray eventually, and rewatch it someday. There were a lot of crazy moments and great episodes along the way. Can't wait to see what kind of story Season 3 will be.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #60
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

I thought it was a good finale. A lot of weirdness during the season, but all in all, it was mostly Lana's story. I could have done without the alien portion though.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote