Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
hots4
Stalker

very enjoyable movie, i liked the way they interchanged with the hand held style and the film sytle, nice bit of gore and some humour as well loved spongejohn. little short though, 1:11 when the end titles started to roll, but all in all a very enjoyable.
hots4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

1 hr 11 minutes isn't a movie, it's just slightly longer than an episode of a TV show. Is this the trend nowadays, mini-movies?
elDomenechHDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

It's playing in a local theater Sept. 7th so I'll definitely check it out. Even before that it'll be available on-demand but unfortunately I no longer have cable TV.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #19
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
1 hr 11 minutes isn't a movie, it's just slightly longer than an episode of a TV show. Is this the trend nowadays, mini-movies?
Bette to have a good 71 minutes than a 90/120 minutes boredom.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #20
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
I was worried it's gonna use the same formula as the first two.Sade
The 4th one will...
Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #21
soxfan666
Maniac

This is on HD Net Movies a bunch of times tonight.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #22
Paff

DVR is set

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Watched this about a week ago and really enjoyed it. Although it is a step down from the first two. I loved the fast paced action, the plentiful gore, the bits of tension and the bittersweet ending. But what makes it a slightly lesser film than it's predecessors is the lack of claustrophobia the apartment complex had, it is such an amazing set piece. The church grounds was a great choice, leaving a lot of room for the characters to run, duck and hide, and made for some interesting scenarios for them to get in to, but the wide open spaces really took away from the atmosphere that made the first two such an adrenalin rush. If you're a fan of the first two, this will most likely satisfy your appetite.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #24
f.ramses
Maniac

My BD arrived on Sunday so I popped it in. For me, this is probably the weakest movie in the series although I did enjoy it and will probably watch it again at some point. The movie just seemed like it was trying to be cute at times and since I don't recall the first two being like this, I was a little put off by that. The change from first person to third was cool; I didn't mind the first person footage that drove the first two but it's definitely not a preferable perspective for me. Another thing I liked was the way they figured out a new way to neutralize the infected/possessed/zombies. One thing I'm wondering, how does the movie relate to the others chronologically? I'm assuming it's supposed to be happening at the same time as part 1 or 2 because that's what I assumed I was seeing on the TV that was in the background in one scene but I wasn't sure.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Caught a one-off theatrical screening last Friday. [REC]³: Génesis is lazy and sloppy filmmaking. Paco Plaza, one of the two minds responsible for the actually well-scripted, scary, and inventive [REC] and [REC]², is left to his own here and drops the 'found footage' angle after the first 30 minutes into the film where the title card shows up late to the party and the series takes a turn at becoming a traditional film and annihilates the tense and personal aspects that made the first two films in the series such powerful entries into the modern horror genre. By taking the audience out of the experience [REC]³ becomes nothing more than a paint-by-the numbers 'zombie' movie which contains no characters worth caring about or any real explanation into the events that will take place in the "later films" in the series, this actually being a prequel. There is no more immediacy of terror, no claustrophobia from the unflinching hand-held camera, and the added comedy in this entry falls flat at every instance it appears. Hopefully Jaume Balagueró future solo entry into the series, the fourth and final film which also drops the 'found footage' angle, ends the series on a high note because this prequel should be entirely avoided at all costs.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
By taking the audience out of the experience [REC]³ becomes nothing more than a paint-by-the numbers 'zombie' movie which contains no characters worth caring about or any real explanation into the events that will take place in the "later films" in the series, this actually being a prequel.
Don´t know where you get the idea this was a prequel as this starts in the exact moment the first one does. This movie tells other story regarding the same events of the first movie, and one of the characters is very closely responsible to one of the things that happen to one of the people of the first movie. This movie starts at about the same time of the first and ends after the second one.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #27
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Don´t know where you get the idea this was a prequel as this starts in the exact moment the first one does. This movie tells other story regarding the same events of the first movie, and one of the characters is very closely responsible to one of the things that happen to one of the people of the first movie. This movie starts at about the same time of the first and ends after the second one.
Well, there are also events that take place before the events in [REC] 1 and 2, but yeah, the majority does take place at the same time, as well as after. My bad at referring to it as a prequel. Parallel events is more appropriate.

Still, it offers up nothing new to the series other than the idea of the possessed's
Spoiler:
reflections

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #28
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Well, there are also events that take place before the events in [REC] 1 and 2, but yeah, the majority does take place at the same time, as well as after. My bad at referring to it as a prequel. Parallel events is more appropriate.

Still, it offers up nothing new to the series other than the idea of the possessed's
Spoiler:
reflections
I'm also of that opinion, it really didn't offer nothing new to the first two movies.
I enjoyed it as a standalone film, but felt somehow disappointed when compared to the series.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #29
ReelFear
Maniac

wow i really loved REC 3. I thought it had moments of brilliance. The lead actress was very cute and the gore was plentiful. When the credits rolled at 74 minutes it all felt right. This was a worthy entry to the series in my opinion.
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote