Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Evidence (Found Footage Flick) Poster, Trailer & Review

Normally, I hate found-footage flicks, but this review has, at least, changed my mind on this particular movie. EVIDENCE may, or may not, be another Killer 'Squatch movie. I just don't know, the trailer hints at a monster, but not what kind.

DREAD CENTRAL REVIEW: Ever since the success of Paranormal Activity, which we discovered before anyone had any clue what it was, the Dread Central offices have been inundated with cinéma-vérité style films. Truth be told, 90% of them suck. But every so often somebody gets it right. This is one of those scenarios.

First off the story is very familiar. A group of friends head out into the woods to make a documentary. When watching the movie, it's nearly impossible at first to refrain from saying to yourself, "Great, another one of these flicks." Brothers and sisters, believe me when I tell you that you have not seen anything like this. It's so very hard to even review Evidence because the last thing we'd ever want to do is spoil the experience for you so let's cover what we can talk about.

The set-up is just fine with likable characters who come across completely natural and believable. You know these people. You connect with them. In a movie like this that's incredibly important. Yet, this is also where the film is at its most bumpy, slightly falling into the standard pitfalls a movie like this has a tendency to drop into. A bit more character development could have gone a long way in solving some nagging relationship questions. Don't worry, though, things are never derailed for long.

In the second act of the film, strange things start going on. Well executed strange things. The kind of instances that will surely send a shudder down your spines. Then it happens. The worm turns. The third act. My god ... the third act.

Where to begin?

We've all seen films that sport a twist ending. Usually once the big reveal comes, we're brought to the conclusion. Not here. Not by a long shot. Things keep twisting and twisting and twisting without mercy. There's not a single moment in the last thirty-five minutes of this movie that you'll be able to peel your eyes away from the screen. Evidence is home to some of the most "Holy shit! What the fuck was that?!" filmmaking we have seen in some time. Think you've been there and done that? Think again. There's no way that you could ever see any of the chaos unfolding before you coming. It's nearly impossible.

One of the main complaints that people usually have with cinéma-vérité flicks is that you don't really see anything or that nothing happens. You won't have to worry about that here at all. The horrors of Evidence are thrown at you relentlessly, full throttle, full frontal, with absolutely no holds barred until the very last frame of the incredible end credits sequence.

Evidence is a movie that you'll be talking and thinking about long after the credits roll. The ending is guaranteed to polarize the audience, and there will undoubtedly be a certain contingent of viewers who won't know what to make of it. To us that's just part of this harrowing experience's charm. Forget everything you think that you know and have seen. None of it is applicable here. Take the ride. Let your mind be blown. Just try and catch your breath. Evidence delivers the unexpected like few films do.

TRAILER

Last edited by Shawn Francis; 06-14-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
Dobby
HackMaster

Can't seem to find this film nowhere online. OMG I want to see this arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
buck135
The Duke of New York

Am I the only one that thinks the creature in the background of the above poster is a Jawa?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the creature in the background of the above poster is a Jawa?
It does doesn't it?

Trailer looks creepy. Could be good.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Ash28M
HackMaster

Watched this yesterday. Unconvincing acting, shot like a first person action video game. It had potential but really didn't do much for me when all was said and done. I can't recommend this and I'm a fan of found footage flicks

Last edited by Ash28M; 10-07-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Watched this yesterday. Unconvincing acting, shot like a first person action video game. It had potential but really didn't do much for me when all was said and done. I can't recommend this and I'm a fan of found footage flicks
For those of us who can't resist Bigfoot, where did you see this?
No sign of it on Amazon or anywhere else.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
For those of us who can't resist Bigfoot, where did you see this?
No sign of it on Amazon or anywhere else.
If you want a legit copy there is a UK DVD out.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I found this to be rather interesting... sure its got shitty ass characters and the usual cliches that go with this "genre"... but it gets fun though, somewhat, particularly the last chunk where a whole lotta wtf happens... leaves more questions than answers... from my understanding the director wants to expand this into a feature, none of that found footage stuff... I dug it.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #9
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMan View Post
I found this to be rather interesting... sure its got shitty ass characters and the usual cliches that go with this "genre"... but it gets fun though, somewhat, particularly the last chunk where a whole lotta wtf happens... leaves more questions than answers... from my understanding the director wants to expand this into a feature, none of that found footage stuff... I dug it.
I felt the same. The twist in direction and change in pace made this a fun ride. I found the camping element somewhat suspenseful. I might watch this again soon with some mates over a few drinks.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #10
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMan View Post

I didn't hate this but you dug Evidence and shrugged at V/H/S? That I don't understand.

Last edited by Ash28M; 10-09-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I didn't hate this but you dug Evidence and shrugged at V/H/S? That I don't understand. To each there own.
Funnily enough I also found VHS strongly over-hyped.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Yeah *shrug* :P

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Bought the German Blu-ray the other week, really enjoyed the movie. It is very Blair Witchy but as mentioned before, has a neat twist.
I thought the acting was most fitting especially from the girls. They managed to be convincingly scared to death while doing lots of running as the movie keeps cranking up the tension.
Indie terror flick with above average "production values" that could easily be picked up for distribution (in the U.S.) by a major studio in my opinion.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
Dobby
HackMaster

Going to watch tonight before I count sheep really looking forward to it!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Going to watch tonight before I count sheep really looking forward to it!
Have fun Dobbs! I'm going to have to start showing friends this. I think it would make a good movie night film. Hopefully it holds up next time I watch it