Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Rob Zombie's Lords Of Salem

After the huge disappointment of both Halloween reboots, I'm sure a lot of people are sick to death of Zombie. But since I, and I'm sure many others, loved Devil's Rejects and House Of 1000 Corpses, I'm willing to give the man a second chance.

Synopsis
From the producers of Paranormal Activity and Insidious, "The story is about a local DJ who mistakenly unleashes a hellish curse on the town. 300 years earlier on the very streets of Salem that the townspeople walk on today, innocent folks were rounded up from their homes, convicted of being witches and sentenced to death. The Lords of Salem ran the town with an iron fist, but four witches who were tortured and killed in secrecy vowed that one day they would be back for revenge."

And you can view the first official Image here
Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
msw7
Morso a morte

That looks cool - thanks for posting it. I also loved House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects (didn't bother with Halloween reboots).
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
buck135
The Duke of New York

Can't he please just swallow his pride and apologize to Sean, J and Ivan. Tell Yoko (I mean Sherri Moon) to stay home so the newly reformed White Zombie can return to the studio and tour with Ozzy & Alice Cooper.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
MarkWarner
Stalker

Jesus, if I have to hear the term "Yoko Ono" applied to one more rock star wife I'm going to scream.

But anyway, love the image. It doesn't tell you anything about the movie, but since we already know what its about, that doesn't bother me very much. It'll be interesting to see what significance that...face?...mask?...has in the movie.
MarkWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Demoni
HackMaster

Old news... an double post.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/s...ht=Lords+Salem
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
dave13
HackMaster

trailer park witches!
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWarner View Post
Jesus, if I have to hear the term "Yoko Ono" applied to one more rock star wife I'm going to scream.
Well, when they met in 1993, White Zombie began their decline (in my opinion). The band was done the year after. I don't know if you've heard Sheri Moon speak or not, but the shrill is the same. I also don't know any other rock stars that go into the audience and hug their wife during the middle of a guitar solo (during Thunder Kiss when I saw him two years ago). I also don't know where the Yoko reference was made to any other recent rock stars. Not too many other rock stars make five films all starring their wife either.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Not too many other rock stars make five films all starring their wife either.
You might be giving Rob Zombie a little more credit than he's due, comparing him to Lennon - I don't think White Zombie was ever a particularly influential band. Maybe she's more like Marion Davies than Yoko Ono. Ono's influence on Lennon was pretty strong, whereas Hearst's relentless promotion of Davies had little to do with her own influence, and more to do with his need to make a star out of her. I'd say Zombie is forcing Sheri Moon on us for reasons of his own, not because she's having a particularly strong influence on his direction as an "artist".
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
buck135
The Duke of New York

Great point. White Zombie's best isn't in the same league with Lennon's worst, but I was a huge fan in the early nineties. I've seen WZ four times and RZ six. I was even at the show in Toad's Place in New Haven where Rob met Sheri (Monster Magnet opened up for WZ). I would just like to hear more (and better) music from Rob because in my opinion, his movies are awful.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Great point. White Zombie's best isn't in the same league with Lennon's worst, but I was a huge fan in the early nineties. I've seen WZ four times and RZ six. I was even at the show in Toad's Place in New Haven where Rob met Sheri (Monster Magnet opened up for WZ). I would just like to hear more (and better) music from Rob because in my opinion, his movies are awful.
I was a big fan too in the 90's. But I've always thought of his music as being the audio equivalent to a pop culture collage. No real meaning, not very significant or influential, but still catchy as hell.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Well, when they met in 1993, White Zombie began their decline (in my opinion). The band was done the year after. I don't know if you've heard Sheri Moon speak or not, but the shrill is the same. I also don't know any other rock stars that go into the audience and hug their wife during the middle of a guitar solo (during Thunder Kiss when I saw him two years ago). I also don't know where the Yoko reference was made to any other recent rock stars. Not too many other rock stars make five films all starring their wife either.
I personally think Astro Creep was their artistic peek. I'm kind of glad they broke up after that because I think anything they would have made afterwords would have been a let down in comparison.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I personally think Astro Creep was their artistic peek. I'm kind of glad they broke up after that because I think anything they would have made afterwords would have been a let down in comparison.
Judging on their soundtrack songs after Astro Creep, you may be right.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #13
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEV-I_JWwqU

I caught the bootleg version of the trailer back in late spring, but now being able to see the visual compositions much more clearly (even though clearly not in HD like the video states - actually one step down from even being average standard def at 360p...) I'm still very much looking forward to seeing it despite the mixed reviews I heard from the TIFF Midnight Madness screening. I think Zombie has a talent for great visual horror filmmaking and can spin a good tale, even if some of it is homage, and I think is 3 out of 4 on his films prior to this.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
You might be giving Rob Zombie a little more credit than he's due, comparing him to Lennon - I don't think White Zombie was ever a particularly influential band. Maybe she's more like Marion Davies than Yoko Ono. Ono's influence on Lennon was pretty strong, whereas Hearst's relentless promotion of Davies had little to do with her own influence, and more to do with his need to make a star out of her. I'd say Zombie is forcing Sheri Moon on us for reasons of his own, not because she's having a particularly strong influence on his direction as an "artist".
At least she has a nice ass. *singing Love Hurts*.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

When is this latest white trash epic piece of shit coming out? We were supposed to get the novelization a few months back but it never showed. Maybe it's better that way, I can just imagine a novelization of a RZ film:
'Cunt!!' He said,
'Goddamned motherfucking cunt' he repeated emphatically,
'You bastard!!' she retorted, somewhat offended.
'Now listen Lurlene, stop fucking your cousin Cletus and get that tight ass back to the trailer park pronto-goddamned shit, motherfuck. Wheel of Fortune 'll be on in fifteen minutes, Christ'.

Last edited by Anthropophagus; 10-04-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote