Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #391
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

I agree with all of you about pacing. I really enjoy the show, but want it to move along quicker. They lost half their audience in season 2 because of that. Season 3 was amazing and now it looks like they are going back to the same old game. I'll watch, but I don't want it to just move along. The comic isn't really much better. I don't buy it monthly. I buy the trades which come out every 6 months, so talk about a long wait to see what is happening!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 AM   #392
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Honestly, I have had a hard time giving this show a chance since the beginning of season 2. Behind the scenes there were tons of stuff that went wrong: The loss of Frank Darabont, huge budget cuts (for even more episodes no less), new director changing the direction of the show, and re-shoots/last minute script changes. That really had a major effect on the quality of the show as Season 1 and 2 are night and day from one another.

The seasons following 1 just can't compare, and for good reason.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #393
Mok
Family is Forever

Last night's episode was easily the best of s4. The balance of survival action and plot was exactly what I look forward to when I watch the show. There was an honest sense of danger where you weren't sure if any given character was vulnerable (save for Rick I would say.)

Speaking of Rick, I think he did the right thing. It's a tough call and depending on who was involved, I could have swung either way on that call. But I think all things considered, it was the right way to go.

Spoiler:
On that note, if it were up to me, Tyrese and alcohol-man would have been hitting the heel-toe express to fuckoffityville given their actions of late.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #394
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Last night's episode was easily the best of s4. The balance of survival action and plot was exactly what I look forward to when I watch the show. There was an honest sense of danger where you weren't sure if any given character was vulnerable (save for Rick I would say.)

Speaking of Rick, I think he did the right thing. It's a tough call and depending on who was involved, I could have swung either way on that call. But I think all things considered, it was the right way to go.

Spoiler:
On that note, if it were up to me, Tyrese and alcohol-man would have been hitting the heel-toe express to fuckoffityville given their actions of late.
Totally agree with your spoiler.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #395
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

What's with all the horrible music being played in each episode?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #396
allmessedup
It's beer time.

Yeah, I hate that too. Guess they're trying to be like an FX show.

I've gotten back into the show this season, this seems to be one of the better seasons, but I'm not too happy about
Spoiler:
the Governor returning. Didn't care for that whole storyline, and it really seems a little early to be bringing him back.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #397
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmessedup View Post
...but I'm not too happy about
Spoiler:
the Governor returning. Didn't care for that whole storyline, and it really seems a little early to be bringing him back.
Yeah, I too think it's way too soon to go back to that. I knew it would resurface but I thought they'd wait a season. Bleh.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #398
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Not only am I not happy to see the return of X character (sorry, can't find spoiler tags) but I'm sick (no pun intended) of the prison setting. Move on, please - there's a whole world out there. Also, I guess the writers came up with this sickness storyline as a way to get rid of the extraneous characters from last season's season ender - very clever. They finally realized that idea was a mistake. So far, I'm enjoying this season overall.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #399
Mok
Family is Forever

Last night's episode started out by lulling you into a state of hopeless tension only to finally burst once shit hit the fan.

Spoiler:
Hopefully that's it for The Coughing Dead now though. I'm kind of glad they're getting to the Governor sooner than later. Merl was that character you don't expect to come back and they did that already. Governor, you know is coming back, so let's get to the fuckening already! By the way, anyone else think the had they put up sheets along the inner fence to prevent the zombies from seeing them, they wouldn't have the problems with the outer fence?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #400
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Last night's episode started out by lulling you into a state of hopeless tension only to finally burst once shit hit the fan.

Spoiler:
Hopefully that's it for The Coughing Dead now though. I'm kind of glad they're getting to the Governor sooner than later. Merl was that character you don't expect to come back and they did that already. Governor, you know is coming back, so let's get to the fuckening already! By the way, anyone else think the had they put up sheets along the inner fence to prevent the zombies from seeing them, they wouldn't have the problems with the outer fence?
Never thought of that idea about sheets. Sounds like an excellent idea. Seems like it would keep the zombies from getting riled up at the very least. Maybe even keep them moving to another location too. The walls kept them away at Woodbury why not the prison.

Plus, I would be working on a attachment that they could add to a car or truck. Like a side blade or bar of some sort that could be used to mow down groups of zombies without having to run into them head on.

Last edited by baggio; 11-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #401
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
Plus, I would be working on a attachment that they could add to a car or truck. Like a side blade or bar of some sort that could be used to mow down groups of zombies without having to run into them head on.
You'd be surprised at how bad Marilyn Manson got chastised by Chris Hardwick for making the same reasonable suggestion.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #402
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
You'd be surprised at how bad Marilyn Manson got chastised by Chris Hardwick for making the same reasonable suggestion.
He did? That's pretty funny. Like Chad has any better options.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #403
allmessedup
It's beer time.

I was pleasantly surprised by tonight's episode, I thought it was one of the better ones, but I'm curious to see other's opinions, I could see how some might find it really frustrating/annoying.

Spoiler:
I was just glad to get a break from the main characters and the prison.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #404
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

I hate The Governor as a character, and the fact I really don't care for the main cast I am finding myself disliking the series more each week. The writers can barely get their ducks in a row with the main storyline, this episode just makes me apathetic.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #405
Mok
Family is Forever

I really enjoyed it. Happy to take a break from the prison. When they teased The Governor last episode I was a little hesitant that they may fuck it up, but I'm liking the direction they are taking. It would have been an even nicer surprise had they not teased his appearance last week.