Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 AM   #406
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
I thought he couldn't speak because he was hung from a tree? Or did I miss something here?
Or the fact that he got hit in the face with an axe! XD
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #407
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorphilly View Post
Does anyone know if the AB region 1 dvd is much different then the region 2 "horror classics" dvd? It seems to have the same features.I heard that the AB horror classics dvds are vanilla releases.

sean
It's probably very similar and sourced from the same transfer; except for the PAL speedup, and it's most likely interlaced since it's an AB PAL release (all have been as far as I know), whereas the R1 AB release is progressive.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #408
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Christ, I just realized this thread had 406 replies...for fucking MADMAN?!?!

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #409
Severn
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamuiX View Post
Christ, I just realized this thread had 406 replies...for fucking MADMAN?!?!
Personally I think the movie is whatever but the word on this DVD was such a train wreck that I had to see for myself. As a video editor myself I was dying to see if all the negative stuff I heard about the bonus feature was true. Oh yeah, it was. Man give me the project file and I'll take care of the interlacing problem.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #410
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Definitely dig how passionate everyone is about the quality of their DVD's. I just think it's funny this round of consumer outrage was sparked by Madman

The quality of the disc does look pretty dire. With a PS3, interlacing isn't an issue for me anymore (although at this point, unless it's a TV movie and there aren't any film elements, the issue should be moot), but damn the changes on the actual film's color tone and how blurry it looks should never have made it out of quality. And the guys at Code Red wonder why they're going to go under...

Last edited by KamuiX; 10-11-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #411
knewby
Victim

Maybe so many pages on MADMAN because its finally getting some slasher credit..................Larry
knewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #412
Stige
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
It's probably very similar and sourced from the same transfer; except for the PAL speedup, and it's most likely interlaced since it's an AB PAL release (all have been as far as I know), whereas the R1 AB release is progressive.
according to my powerdvd8 it is interlaced

the bonus features are all there though on the horror classics dvd I have. Gave away my original madman region 1 dvd after watching it because to my eyes it was a more pleasing image than on the region 1

also has a DD5.1 track which is echo like much of the times but on occation adds alot to the creepy vibe of the film
Stige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #413
FilmFiend
Stalker

Sorry if somebody already posted this, but here is a 2008 review of Madman. It is probably the only Madman review that has references to "Welcome Back Kotter" in it.

http://mmmmmovies.blogspot.com/2008/...among-men.html
FilmFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #414
g0mang071
Screamy Bopper

I finally plunked down for the new Madman DVD. The extras sound killer even if the picture is inferior to AB edition(which I've replaced once already at OOP prices after my first copy got stolen). Are there people that are buying like 2 and 3 copies of this? Seems like it is backordered everywhere again - I ordered a copy via an Amazon third party seller. Of course, I remember this happening with "The Strangeness" when that came out. Also, ordered "The Night Child", "Slithis" and "Horror High" - can't fucking wait!

Anyway it's a shame that Code Red is calling it a day. I've really enjoyed their releases and who else is going to put out masterworks like "The Forest" or "Don't Go In The Woods"? I will continue to support their releases as I can and esp looking forward to "Nightmare" at long last. Maybe "Rituals" and "Butcher Baker..." will come out next year as well.
g0mang071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #415
Body Boy
HackMaster

If Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker doesn't come out, *I will actually commit murder. But so far the titles that CR forgot about seem to be coming out, so I'm feeling happy about it.

(* Not really)
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #416
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
If Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker doesn't come out, *I will actually commit murder. But so far the titles that CR forgot about seem to be coming out, so I'm feeling happy about it.

(* Not really)
I honestly think if they get Rituals and Nightmare Maker out before they close up shop, 2012 will seriously be the end for all of us.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #417
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamuiX View Post
I honestly think if they get Rituals and Nightmare Maker out before they close up shop, 2012 will seriously be the end for all of us.
Don't forget Nightmare.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #418
Fall Break
Stalker

Finally got my copy. Amazon figured it was lost and refunded my money and a week later ir shows up.
I have to ask this I noticed that during the opening while TP is singing the parts that are flash forwarding to sceans later in the movie you can see the "Blue Filter" was active and in the same parts later in the movie no "Blue Filter". I starting to wonder if this was the way it was supposed to be. Why would they color correct the whole movie except for the flash forwards, unless they intended to do it. Did anybody else notice this?
As for the DVD the menu is very good and the extras are rockin. I'm even digin the picture quality (Still glad got my AB disc).

Last edited by Fall Break; 10-16-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #419
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Another review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/44654/madman/

Looking at the comparisons in that review, Code Red's transfer (despite it's flaws) looks a little better in terms of color, the transfer it's self looks OK.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #420
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
BTW, according to the producer this master was recently used by Anchor Bay U.K. No one in UK complained, no one in Monsters HD to Independent Channel complained.
Well, as I?m in the UK at work for some future releases, I remembered this quote and tracked down a second hand copy of the Anchor Bay U.K. edition of our beloved MADMAN to see if what the producer said was right.

The veridict??? It?s the same print as the one from Anchor Bay US.
With that in mind I can only say that Mr. Gary Sales is a liar.

The print has the same definition and the same blue hue as the one from the States. No wonder no one in the UK complained, it?s the same print...
________
Shemale Japanese

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 11:47 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote