Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #346
Severn
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
Check out what Gary Sales the producer has to say about the madman dvd. He has deleted scenes ready for the next dvd and he is planing on doing a Blu-ray as well. That puts an extra sting in my Code Red purchase. I don't remember every seeing information about a double dip so quick.

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...postcount=2261
A 3D re-imagining?! That part is pretty laughable.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #347
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Ha...Gary Sales seems like he has quite the delusions of grandeur for the future of the Madman name.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #348
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
You never know, but Gary even saying that kind of thing could impact Bills CR release.
Of course, but I think the CR release is gonna go OOP eventually regardless.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #349
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

“Seems like his deal with CR is the last nail in their coffin.”

Anybody else read that post from the CEO of Synapse? Man, I might have to retract my statement about this being one of my favorite DVD releases this year. It sounds as if this Madman DVD is mostly responsible for the end of Code Red!

I feel bad for Code Red…I’ll admit it, I’ve been critical of them in the past, but no one wants to see somebody get screwed like that. Especially for a company that has always tried to please its fans. Hopefully Scorpion can continue to thrive and ultimately make smarter business decisions learned from the ups/downs and the untimely demise of Code Red.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #350
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Say what you want about Code Red's issues with the transfer, I know most cinephile fans of the movie took major issue with it and I can see their point. When Anchor Bay made a similar mistake with their Halloween 25th anniversary DVD, I was a little annoyed with that with Halloween being my favorite film, but I still those hardcore fans of Madman still owe Code Red some debt of gratitude if not for only getting the film out, but the release helped somewhat slightly lower the asking prices for the out of print Anchor Bay DVD.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #351
bloodthrill
Stalker

Scorpion rocks the house.I know that Zombie Nightmare is due to arrive on disc from them at the tail end of this month,but are there any other horrors coming soon?

It appears from their site that they might be dipping their toes in the teen sex comedy genre, ala Code Red, (like Hot Moves).
Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #352
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Ha...Gary Sales seems like he has quite the delusions of grandeur for the future of the Madman name.
I also found Gary Sales remarks a little bit off the ground.

First, I think he should adress to the fans regarding the conversion of this new 30th Anniversary dvd.

Now, I know some people are happy by it but the majority are not.
Why the lack of definition? Why the new color code?
Maybe the bue hues of the older dvd were made by Anchor Bay and this new color code is the way the movie should look, but I would like him to adress this facts.

If the HD print he has is the one that?s going to be the base for the "future blu-ray" then I think it will be shit.
________
Pissing Video

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:30 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #353
Matt89
HackMaster

Gary Sales sounds like an unbelievable douche. Seriously. What a moron.

~Matt
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #354
gunner
Cropsy Maniac

I love the Code Red dvd for the special features, but that transfer is way too ghosty, very reminiscent of old school HD broadcasts on satellite tv, which I guess is true to the source being an old MonstersHD version, but eek!! I even see the ghosting on my tube set. I didn't mind the new yellowed color scheme at all, and once in a great while there is a nice shot of clarity. I just wish the image was more stable.
The hell with a re-imaging, someone put out a restored blu-ray!! That will look 3-D!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #355
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Check out what Gary Sales the producer has to say about the madman dvd. He has deleted scenes ready for the next dvd and he is planing on doing a Blu-ray as well. That puts an extra sting in my Code Red purchase. I don't remember every seeing information about a double dip so quick.

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...postcount=2261
What an ass! I still haven't bought the new DVD, and now I'm honestly not even sure that I want to anymore.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #356
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

It's almost an investment to buy this.

In a couple of months when it goes OOP, you can probably sell it for twice the amount of what you paid for it.

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 AM   #357
fart_mike
Victim

ugh..."It's a very ambitious undertaking", Gary Sales going on about his re-imagining of Marz...(the only one who needs to do any ambitious undertaking is joe spinell)...this whole thing sounds like pure crap...personally, i hate the way movies look these days, with all the uber-cheap digital charlatanry that's taken the place of film...cult filmmakers making movies now is depressing, and i can see this re-imagining going the same route (if it ever comes to fruition)...unnecessary nudity, updated, hip dialogz, and laugh-inducing CGI gore...and i can't wait to see madman "the mauler" marz giving a camp counselor a power bomb or brainbuster in the sequel to hunting marz, the aptly titled "marzlemania 3"...
fart_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #358
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I'm suprised that Gary mentioned deleted scenes being on the next DVD release AFTER the new DVD release especially since. I mean, it's something like this that hurts Code Red's slaes of the new Madman disc. Although if Code Red is still in buisness after Summer 2011, then maybe they could re-release the film on DVD again in time for the remake with all the 30th AE material, the deleted scenes, and a better transfer (no offense to their transfer we already got).
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #359
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
What an ass! I still haven't bought the new DVD, and now I'm honestly not even sure that I want to anymore.
By doing that it isn't Gary Sales you will hurt since he was paid in advance, so he don't care about the number of unit sold. What you will really do with that is add more financial trouble for Code Red and take the risk of see them closing their door sooner.

I have bought it not because I care for this film who sounds just like another unoriginal slasher, but because Code Red need the help after an awfull deal like that.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #360
Fall Break
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Code Red need the help after an awfull deal like that.
If it was such a bad deal why did Bill take it? Bill must have thought it was a good deal or he would have passed on it. Unless deals like this are really what hurt CR not sales.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote