Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #196
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Before this thread gets closed I just want to say, thanks for re-releasing Madman, Code Red. The transfer may not be as we hoped but if others didn't complain about this transfer in the past, why should we? The work and love you put in it was simply a job well done. Transfers are transfers; some say yay to this and nay to that, but all's fair in love and war. And let me say your company isn't over (far from it). If I know as many fans do Nightmare In A Damaged Brain is still happening and with luck, sales should be good.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #197
chancetx
Stalker

I've never seen "Madman" so this disc will be fine for me. I actually prefer the non-blue tinged screencaps that were posted - I'm sure if I knew the film it might bother me but new audiences won't know the difference. Thanks Code Red for your continued efforts to release these obscure cult titles. I hope your decision to end Code Red next year isn't set in stone.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #198
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I like watching old slashers with alright transfers, it makes me feel like I'm in the 80s watching an old movie on a VHS. It makes me happy. (just thought I'd throw that in there to make people happy and/or laugh)

I'm just super super happy Code Red re-released this.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #199
Dobby
HackMaster

Is it just me or is this Bill gentlemen very emotional? Bill & Chris you both need to chill and relax. As far as Madman goes I'm still buying the disc.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #200
Steel76
Maniac

After the initial chock of seeing those screenshots of the inferior transfer has faded, Im actually gonna buy the disc for the documentary

Its too bad that Bill is gonna shut down the company next summer, but in this economy, I can understand it

It has been a good run with loads of cool titles during the years, titles that no other studio would ever bother to release.
And Im glad there is still a bunch of great titles coming from Code Red before the end, like "Laserblast" and "Nightmare" just to name a few
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #201
Steel76
Maniac

Edit: double post.

Last edited by Steel76; 09-12-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #202
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I also wanted to jump in and thank Code Red for their efforts and for posting here. I missed the Anchor Bay DVD, so I'm glad to see the movie back in circulation. The documentary looks like fun, I'm really excited for this release.

Code Red, your hard work is appreciated! Thank you for all the great releases!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #203
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I'm a little late to the party here, and like everyone else, I'm disappointed that Madman doesn't look better. I will probably buy it eventually for the extras and to support Code Red, but at its current price, I'll end up paying about 30 dollars in import taxes if I order it from the States, so for now, my old AB disc is just fine. And I'm still clinging to the hope that one day, it will be released on blu.

Edit: And I just finished the rest of the thread... I'm very sad that Bill has decided to close Code Red. The company was such an obvious labour of love. There are so many obscure titles we wouldn't have if it wasn't for Bill.

Last edited by Kim Bruun; 09-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #204
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I should let you ALL talk to the MADMAN producer to make him feel misrable. Here's a man who turned down Synapse, Anchor Bay and others. It was his way, or no deal. I wish I never put out the dvd. I really didn't agree with all the terms, but THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FILM TO COME OUT!
Yeah, I think it's The Producer here that we should be blaming. He was the dumbass who obviously had no competence handling the transfer his way and solely on his terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
for I am ending the company in summer 2011.
Damn! I know some of us nitpick about certain things with Code Red releases and marketing practices, but we do still buy them.

As I said earlier, I'm still buying the DVD for the extras alone. I currently own 28 Code Red releases, and have a further 5 on pre-order.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #205
hellraiser40
Maniac

sad to hear Code Red is closing in 2011 Bill, i have bought quite a lot of your DVD's and have about 4 pre-ordered right now, so i'll be sure to check out which will be your last future releases
hellraiser40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #206
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
I'm a little late to the party here, and like everyone else, I'm disappointed that Madman doesn't look better. I will probably buy it eventually for the extras and to support Code Red, but at its current price, I'll end up paying about 30 dollars in import taxes if I order it from the States, so for now, my old AB disc is just fine. And I'm still clinging to the hope that one day, it will be released on blu.
$19.00 (DVD) + $ 2.58 (shipping)
http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/891978002185
________
BUY VAPOR GENIE

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 11:19 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #207
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Also keep in mind that screenshots on a computer monitor are different than watching a film on your tv -- especially going from an old non-anamorphic print to one enhanced for 16:9. The reason the old 4:3 Anchor Bay print looks sharper is probably due to edge enhancement and DNR, which was way overused on a lot of early DVDs.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see the disc with my own eyes. If it still looks crummy, that's when I'll start complaining.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #208
Fall Break
Stalker

There is a review of the new DVD @ scaredstiffreviews (found through the Madman Marz facebook) and I found this quote strange "The entire movie has this creepy blue tint and is shot very well". So my question is what version of the movie did he watch?

It's just a question not trying to piss anybody off.

Edit: Adding Link http://www.scaredstiffreviews.com/?p=209

Edit 2: After reading it again it seems like he reviewed the AB disc and is talking about the extras from the CR disc. But I'm not sure.

Last edited by Fall Break; 09-12-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #209
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
There is a review of the new DVD @ scaredstiffreviews (found through the Madman Marz facebook) and I found this quote strange "The entire movie has this creepy blue tint and is shot very well". So my question is what version of the movie did he watch?

It's just a question not trying to piss anybody off.

Edit: Adding Link http://www.scaredstiffreviews.com/?p=209
Speaking for myself I saw the version on the new code red dvd.
Speaking for the reviewer, I don?t know.
________
Michigan dispensaries

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 11:19 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #210
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Break View Post
Edit 2: After reading it again it seems like he reviewed the AB disc and is talking about the extras from the CR disc. But I'm not sure.
It reads like it's just a general review about the film in general, and a mention of the forthcoming extras on the new DVD.

"creepy blue tint"? You'll be missing that reviewer dude!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote