Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #4051
Matt89
HackMaster

Ordered Phantom of the Paradise off amazon.ca for $20.99. Still waiting for it to ship...growing increasingly more annoyed. I combined it with something else to get free shipping and it seems as though whenever you choose free shipping it makes your order the absolute last priority. The amazon warehouse is about a 30 min drive from my house yet it has a delivery estimate of Friday, August 15th.

~Matt
Old 08-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #4052
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Ordered Phantom of the Paradise off amazon.ca for $20.99. Still waiting for it to ship...growing increasingly more annoyed. I combined it with something else to get free shipping and it seems as though whenever you choose free shipping it makes your order the absolute last priority. The amazon warehouse is about a 30 min drive from my house yet it has a delivery estimate of Friday, August 15th.

~Matt
They should offer a pick up in person option. It'd save them money in pointless shipping costs.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #4053
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The Jeffersons The Complete Series!!!!:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jeffers...e-Series/20155

Update on the Deee-luxe Edition!!!: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jef...e-Series/20156

Last edited by Nailwraps; 08-09-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #4054
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
They should offer a pick up in person option. It'd save them money in pointless shipping costs.
They used to call those brick and mortar stores.

Last edited by x666x; 08-09-2014 at 07:17 AM.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #4055
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by x666x View Post
They used to call those brick and mortar stores.
When I was a kid (late 70s) the Sears in town was basically just a post office. You went up to the counter, gave them your name, and they went into the back room and came back with the package you ordered the week before. That's all Amazon would need.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #4056
x666x
HackMaster

I am actually surprised Amazon does not already do that.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #4057
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!:

"
***Extras for THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION II Revealed**

Happy Friday everyone! Check out the final list of extras for the upcoming (and highly-anticipated) blu-ray release of THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION II. Streets nationally on 10/21 but if you order directly from us at www.screamfactorydvd.com you can get it early on 9/30 AND get a free limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed cover art.

And now for the bonus goodies...

THE RAVEN
Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/Color
• Introduction and parting words by Vincent Price
• NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman
• Richard Matheson Storyteller: THE RAVEN
• Corman’s Comedy of Poe
• Promotional Record
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

THE COMEDY OF TERRORS
• Richard Matheson Storyteller: THE COMEDY OF TERRORS
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

THE TOMB OF LIGEIA
• Audio Commentary by producer/director Roger Corman
• NEW Audio Commentary with Elizabeth Shepherd, moderated by Roy Frumkes
• NEW Audio Commentary with film historian Constantine Nasr
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/Black & White
• NEW Audio Commentary with film historian David Del Valle and author Derek Botelho
• Richard Matheson Storyteller: THE LAST MAN ON EARTH
• Still Gallery

DR. PHIBES RISES AGAIN
Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/Color
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

THE RETURN OF THE FLY
Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/Black & White
• NEW Audio Commentary with actor Brett Halsey and film historian David Del Valle
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spot
• Still Gallery

THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL
Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/Black & White
• NEW Audio Commentary with author/historian Steve Haberman
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery
• Vincent Price: Renaissance Man featurette
• The Art of Fear featurette
• Working with Vincent Price featurette
• Introductory Price featurette"

Also from their Facebook (via DVD Newflash's):

"
***TALES FROM THE CRYPT / THE VAULT OF HORROR update***

Sorry guys but we need to delay our upcoming blu-ray release of TALES FROM THE CRYPT / THE VAULT OF HORROR. The double feature is now scheduled for 12/2/14 instead of its originally planned 10/14/14 date.

As you know, we announced this release with the goal of presenting VAULT uncut. That is still the plan but we have run into some challenges in our process. FOX (whom we licensed the film from) does not have this original footage in their vaults and because of this we are seeking some other avenues to try to find suitable source material. One route we have pursued has been to contact The British Film Institute (BFI) since there were rumors that they had restored the film. Unfortunately, we have learned that is not the case.

We love this film and we want to be able to say at the end of the day that we did the best we could with the resources/budget we have to make this the best release possible. We’ll keep you posted on our progress and thank you for understanding our situation."

Last edited by Nailwraps; 08-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #4058
dave13
HackMaster

that looks fantastic! I'm a little (just a little) disappointed that there's very little for Dr. Phibes Rises Again, since the original was kind of a centerpiece of the first collection. Oh well. I suppose this means I'll just have to pick up the Arrow double feature at some point as well. No problem. Otherwise, I am really excited for this one.

Too bad about the Vault of Horror issue. A delay I can live with, but I really hope they're able to present it uncut. Even if the quality is significantly different, I'd still prefer that to an immaculate presentation of the cut version.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #4059
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Too bad about the Vault of Horror issue. A delay I can live with, but I really hope they're able to present it uncut. Even if the quality is significantly different, I'd still prefer that to an immaculate presentation of the cut version.
Sounds remote they'll be able to present it uncut...it's nice to see they're trying to work it out for the fans though.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #4060
gobad2003
Stalker

No reason to buy this one unless it's uncut. Already have the MGM disc so I hope they get that footage otherwise no sale
gobad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #4061
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
***TALES FROM THE CRYPT / THE VAULT OF HORROR update***

Sorry guys but we need to delay our upcoming blu-ray release of TALES FROM THE CRYPT / THE VAULT OF HORROR. The double feature is now scheduled for 12/2/14 instead of its originally planned 10/14/14 date.

As you know, we announced this release with the goal of presenting VAULT uncut. That is still the plan but we have run into some challenges in our process. FOX (whom we licensed the film from) does not have this original footage in their vaults and because of this we are seeking some other avenues to try to find suitable source material. One route we have pursued has been to contact The British Film Institute (BFI) since there were rumors that they had restored the film. Unfortunately, we have learned that is not the case.

We love this film and we want to be able to say at the end of the day that we did the best we could with the resources/budget we have to make this the best release possible. Well keep you posted on our progress and thank you for understanding our situation.
It looks like there's at least a fall back plan if they're unable to locate a film source for this footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream Factory
We are aware of this one. If needed at the end of day, after we've exhausted all options, we might need to do some creative splicing of this one. Only problem is that the material won't match the rest of the film. We would do our best to color correct of course.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ScreamFa...tal_comments=5
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #4062
The Tall Man
Stalker

The bootleg I have of Uncut Vault of Horror looks fine, the inserted footage has been cropped to fit the widescreen feature and the actual drop in quality, although noticeable , is still very watchable. I would rather it be there than not.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #4063
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Unfortunate news to report today but we have exhausted all avenues looking for the footage missing from our film elements for HELLHOLE--the 1985 Women-in-Prison thriller-horror hybrid that we announced back in January of this year. Unless a collector comes forward with a good print of the film, we are unable to release the film in its original theatrical cut as we had hoped and we have to take it off our upcoming schedule for the time-being.

We sincerely regret getting hopes up for the fans this cult film has (believe us when we say we're personally bummed too). In hindsight, we should have waited until we had a clear understanding of what shape the film was in beforehand. Lesson learned.

If anything changes and we can reverse course, we will let you know immediately. Again, our apologies.
https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFacto...321789/?type=1

RE: The elements they have...

Quote:
A lot of footage was missing - almost 10 mins.

Last edited by zbinks; 08-19-2014 at 06:01 PM.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #4064
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Bummer on Hellhole. Had never seen it, but it looks right up my alley, so I was really looking forward to it.

Hopefully it'll wind up on one of their 4 movie collections, even if it's an edited version. I'd love a set where they pair it with some MGM titles like The Immortalizer, Blood Games, and Bikini Island. LOVE those films, and they're MGM, but since most people haven't seen them there isn't a demand for blu-ray.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #4065
Nailwraps
HackMaster

UHF 25th AE extras!!!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=121

"A Brand-New Q&A With “Weird Al” Yankovic and Jay Levey
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Behind-the-Scenes Footage
Music Video
Production Stills