Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #2311
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

I love Horror's Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark! :-)
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #2312
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Those are some mighty fine extras. Especially surprised and pleased about the new commentary. Too bad JC didn't do any new interviews, but I guess he's said all he's got to say about the picture.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #2313
Matt89
HackMaster

This release looks amazing.

~Matt
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #2314
Nailwraps
HackMaster

DVD Drive-In reviews for The Burning:

http://dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/burning81blu.htm

and The Town That Dreaded Sundown:
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t...ndown76blu.htm
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #2315
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Has anyone else watched their Cold Prey II DVD? Mine started skipping around the 40 minute mark. It was brand new, and the disc surface has no scratches or marks. Maybe a bad pressing?

Also, a lot of the reviews (here, here, and here) claim that there are deleted scenes on the disc. Mine only had a trailer. There's not even a special features menu, it's just Play Movie, Set-Up, Trailer, Scenes.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #2316
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Has anyone else watched their Cold Prey II DVD? Mine started skipping around the 40 minute mark. It was brand new, and the disc surface has no scratches or marks. Maybe a bad pressing?

Also, a lot of the reviews (here, here, and here) claim that there are deleted scenes on the disc. Mine only had a trailer. There's not even a special features menu, it's just Play Movie, Set-Up, Trailer, Scenes.
probably contact shout via facebook or email they seem to help people with scream factory titles is there is a problem
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #2317
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
probably contact shout via facebook or email they seem to help people with scream factory titles is there is a problem
I sent a message on their Facebook last night, but they haven't responded yet. Just curious if anyone else was having the same problem.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #2318
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!!!!:

"**EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

If you love VINCENT PRICE like we do then you're gonna love love LOVE this exciting news! We will be releasing a blu-ray collection box set before Halloween that showcases some of the legendary horror film star's greatest films which include:

- FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
... - THE HAUNTED PALACE
- THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
- THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
- WITCHFINDER GENERAL- and its alternate U.S. version of the film, THE CONQUEROR WORM
- THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES

More details (artwork, exact street date, pricing, extras, etc.) to be revealed in June-July so stay tuned you "Screamers"--as one of fans affectionately put it. "
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #2319
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
From Scream's Facebook!!!!:

"**EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

If you love VINCENT PRICE like we do then you're gonna love love LOVE this exciting news! We will be releasing a blu-ray collection box set before Halloween that showcases some of the legendary horror film star's greatest films which include:

- FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
... - THE HAUNTED PALACE
- THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
- THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
- WITCHFINDER GENERAL- and its alternate U.S. version of the film, THE CONQUEROR WORM
- THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES

More details (artwork, exact street date, pricing, extras, etc.) to be revealed in June-July so stay tuned you "Screamers"--as one of fans affectionately put it. "
Very awesome! I was hoping for the Vincent Price A.I.P. Films to start making their way to Blu-ray. It's strange that Dr. Phibes Rises Again isn't being included in this set. Tomb of Ligeia, Cry of the Banshee, Theater of Blood, and Madhouse would be nice in a Volume 2 set.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #2320
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
Very awesome! I was hoping for the Vincent Price A.I.P. Films to start making their way to Blu-ray. It's strange that Dr. Phibes Rises Again isn't being included in this set. Tomb of Ligeia, Cry of the Banshee, Theater of Blood, and Madhouse would be nice in a Volume 2 set.
Agreed! Hopefully a 2nd volume set will follow...but this sounds like a great set in itself. You can never have enough Vincent Price!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #2321
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Kat, you're usually on top of the new releases. Have you had a chance to check out Shout's Cold Prey II DVD yet, or are you sticking with the import?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #2322
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Kat, you're usually on top of the new releases. Have you had a chance to check out Shout's Cold Prey II DVD yet, or are you sticking with the import?
I do have the R2 DVD from the UK so until the Shout DVD goes on sale cheaper, I'll probably just stick with it.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #2323
Suicide
Space Bastard!

[QUOTE=CPT HOOK;733786]Has anyone else watched their Cold Prey II DVD? Mine started skipping around the 40 minute mark. It was brand new, and the disc surface has no scratches or marks. Maybe a bad pressing?

I reviewed the DVD and I didn't have any problems with skipping. Here's the review, I actually put a screenshot of the Bonus Features menu in there:
http://the-manchester-morgue.blogspo...vd-review.html

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #2324
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
I reviewed the DVD and I didn't have any problems with skipping. Here's the review, I actually put a screenshot of the Bonus Features menu in there:
http://the-manchester-morgue.blogspo...vd-review.html
Thanks Suicide. Did you receive yours as a review copy, or was yours retail? I ordered mine from Best Buy online.

Here's a screencap of the menu on my retail version:

Kind of shitty that they'd put extras on the review copies, then pull them for the purchased copies.

I jumped to where it was skipping on my PC (the fire extinguisher kill), and it seemed to be playing fine. But I don't want to watch it on my computer, I want to watch it on my blu-ray player. There shouldn't be a problem there. My blu-ray player isn't having any trouble with other discs.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #2325
SpaceAce
Stalker

I am looking forward to checking out Cold Prey 2. Just got the DVD yesterday. I enjoyed Cold Prey. Will Shout Factory release Part 3? I have heard that part 3 is not as good as part 1 and 2 but it would still be nice to have the trilogy. I wonder if part 4 has any plans of being made...
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote