Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #61
Vance Vandy
Stalker

I didn't even know this was being remade! I'll have to take a crack at it. Part 3 was so bad I don't even mind a remake.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #62
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
The demons had plenty of screen time.
I guess. Still, Angela should have been more involved. She seemed to disappear once she become demonized.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #63
x666x
HackMaster

Saw it last night. Thought it was pretty good. I can see myself viewing it again sometime down the road.

The acting was alright. There were some scenes of graphic violence. Some nice looking women in it. For a cheaper made film, it definitely fares well.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #64
JIMX1975
Stalker

Rented it on blu-ray last night. Looked good, movie had a few good jump scares. The acting was fine. Definitley worth a watch, better than the some of the other big-name remakes that have been coming out.
JIMX1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #65
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Oh man…I watched this flick over the weekend. It’s basically your typical formulaic modern day remake…Lots of fast camera work, shaky cam, model-esque cast, MTV style editing, overcomplicated story, some CGI, and all together nowhere near as enjoyable as the original. However that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy this one. Eddie Furlong, Monica Keena, and the guy in the surgeon getup were absolute comedic gold. These three need to have a spin off or a prequel or something. They were hilarious. I could not stop laughing at the look on Eddie’s face when the group finds the shotgun in the mansion. Most of the banter between the three seemed adlibbed which made it even more hysterical …Great stuff especially the line that went something like this: “She put a lipstick in her boob and it fell out her pussy”. I found the interactions between the trio the best thing about the remake.

Speaking of Edward Furlong, he looked like shit. He looked like he was 45 years old and didn’t belong in the same vicinity as the rest of the model-esque cast. And what the hell was wrong with Monica Keena’s upper lip?...was that part of her “costume” or was it a botched botox injection?…looked like she was smuggling drugs under there or something.

The soundtrack was pretty wretched too, although I believe I caught a Ghastly Ones song in there as well as T.S.O.L.’s Code Blue…that was pretty cool I guess.

Anyone else find Linnea Quigley's cameo a little... creepy?

Last edited by Chomp; 10-25-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #66
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
And what the hell was wrong with Monica Keena’s upper lip?...was that part of her “costume” or was it a botched botox injection?…looked like she was smuggling drugs under there or something.
I haven't seen the NOTD remake yet, but have you seen Never Sleep Again yet? Because Monica looked pretty horrendous in those interviews, especially the lips, as compared to what she used to look like in Freddy Vs. Jason... Definitely looks like a bad lip job or Botox...

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #67
kiddvideo
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I haven't seen the NOTD remake yet, but have you seen Never Sleep Again yet? Because Monica looked pretty horrendous in those interviews, especially the lips, as compared to what she used to look like in Freddy Vs. Jason... Definitely looks like a bad lip job or Botox...
The Evidence

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2.../monica-keena/

Poor Girl
Old 10-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #68
Crazyrudie

Bought this on Blu-ray, It looks great. I was pleasantly surprised with it. One of the better remakes.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #69
othervoice1
HackMaster

I did a blind buy on this blu-ray from Amazon- I loved the first, really enjoyed the second and even mildly enjoyed the third- so I hope this is at least pretty good.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 AM   #70
Jason Reynolds
Stalker

Watched the remake over the weekend. It's definitely not as good as the original, but still an enjoyable flick. Loved Linnea Quigley's cameo!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #71
Dobby
HackMaster

Finally got around to seeing this. Yeah it was indeed a pleasant surprise. Furlong may look like shit but he owned the movie. He was pure comedic genius had me laughing. You just can't go wrong with this I loved it. Someone finally gave us a decent remake for once.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #72
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Finally got around to seeing this. Yeah it was indeed a pleasant surprise. Furlong may look like shit but he owned the movie. He was pure comedic genius had me laughing. You just can't go wrong with this I loved it. Someone finally gave us a decent remake for once.
Finally someone else is liking it. I thought it was a lot of fun. Not as good as the original but I still like it.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #73
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Finally someone else is liking it. I thought it was a lot of fun. Not as good as the original but I still like it.
Yeah apart from Furlongs kick ass performance. It kinda saddens me that he is going through rough times. From what i read he is going through a divorce. His old lady got a restrained order against him. Claims he hit his kid among other things really sad. He made my heart melt in this movie. I've watched it about 6 times already. It get's even better on repeat viewings.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #74
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Yeah apart from Furlongs kick ass performance. It kinda saddens me that he is going through rough times. From what i read he is going through a divorce. His old lady got a restrained order against him. Claims he hit his kid among other things really sad. He made my heart melt in this movie. I've watched it about 6 times already. It get's even better on repeat viewings.
I loved Furlong in this film. He was hilarious. My mom watched it and couldn't get past his weight gain. I saw him at a con in 2006 and he looked fine.

I hear he's in The Green Hornet film coming out next month. Cool.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #75
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
I alson liked this movie a lot...

KD Lang... sorry, Edward Furlong steals the show.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote