Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #61
rhett
Moderator
 
rhett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,156
And the trailer is also on the front page of IMDb with Warner's logo on the poster:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2659556121/

Please, please, please come out here.
__________________
Can't argue with a confident man.
rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #62
unclefred
Victim
 
unclefred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon coast mountains
Posts: 91
I like the look of it, camera work was nice. Nice trailer anyway.
unclefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #63
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard
 
KillerCannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,609
Trailer started off rather generic, but by the end I had a mild grin just seeing JC's name again. I'll go in with low expectations and hope they are exceeded.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #64
Alan
Screamy Bopper
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14
I just found out that this had a one-off screening in my local cinema last friday and I missed it. Gah!
__________________
Horror reviews blog:

http://trashflavouredtrashmovies.blogspot.com/
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #65
SEANVALEN
HackMaster
 
SEANVALEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,049
It's out here in the UK before USA for a change. Might watch it tonight
__________________
"Better to be dead and cool then alive and uncool." Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #66
SEANVALEN
HackMaster
 
SEANVALEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
And the trailer is also on the front page of IMDb with Warner's logo on the poster:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2659556121/

Please, please, please come out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis View Post
Trailer started off rather generic, but by the end I had a mild grin just seeing JC's name again. I'll go in with low expectations and hope they are exceeded.







In dedication to Rhett & Killercannabis Legends, the uncut review. The film I saw Sunday night and overall I think its a respectable effort. It does not give us something groundbreaking, the key is the carpenter execution. Did he provide the moments of what we expect? I think so as I enjoyed the ride, soundtrack quite fitting to the story, the main fermale lead holds the screen well, I do wanna route for her.

The film was made on a 5 mill budget, its a good move, Carpenter makes a steady & safe return to the industry, this will turn a profit.and ensure his magic can return again. The in the mouth of madness darkness and organic pigs blood with a slice of apple vibe still provokes its aroma over his fans.


I feel like in a exclusive UK horror VIP section of the forum. Feel quite honored to be one of the first to see this film on the forum. I hope you US forumers get to see it.
__________________
"Better to be dead and cool then alive and uncool." Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

Last edited by SEANVALEN; 01-27-2011 at 12:14 AM.
SEANVALEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #67
evilbaby
Stalker
 
evilbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 242
Don't worry US fans, it will, at the very least, get a direct to video release.
evilbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #68
shift
Ring who?
 
shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: - TeXaS -
Posts: 3,441
Good to know...
__________________
“I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure”
shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #69
unclefred
Victim
 
unclefred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon coast mountains
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANVALEN View Post
In dedication to Rhett & Killercannabis Legends, the uncut review. The film I saw Sunday night and overall I think its a respectable effort. It does not give us something groundbreaking, the key is the carpenter execution. Did he provide the moments of what we expect? I think so as I enjoyed the ride, soundtrack quite fitting to the story, the main fermale lead holds the screen well, I do wanna route for her.

The film was made on a 5 mill budget, its a good move, Carpenter makes a steady & safe return to the industry, this will turn a profit.and ensure his magic can return again. The in the mouth of madness darkness and organic pigs blood with a slice of apple vibe still provokes its aroma over his fans.


I feel like in a exclusive UK horror VIP section of the forum. Feel quite honored to be one of the first to see this film on the forum. I hope you US forumers get to see it.
Thanks, that fits in with a pre-screening review I read. Not groundbreaking, a little predictable but pretty good overall.
unclefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #70
evilbaby
Stalker
 
evilbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 242
Ok, finally saw John Carpenter's "The Ward" tonight. His best work? It doesn't even come close, hell at times it didn't even seem like a John Carpenter movie. When he doesn't score his own work, boy can you tell. Having said that, it's not his worst effort but it is a cliched and predictable thriller that might have you keeping track of the time. If you have been waiting for Carpenter's big comeback, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer.

and SPOILER!!!!!!! (kinda)








the ending? Total rip-off from "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Ouch.

Last edited by evilbaby; 05-30-2011 at 08:39 AM.
evilbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #71
JGrendel
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Olds Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,877
I'm still looking forward to this, been a Carpenter fan for years.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #72
Zombie Keeper
Stalker
 
Zombie Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 179
It's getting mixed reviews. Some love it and others hate it, I'll see it regardless.
__________________
Zombie-Keeper.com - Horror movie reviews
Zombie-Keeper.com Forums - Forums
Zombie Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #73
evilbaby
Stalker
 
evilbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 242
Just keep your expectations very very VERY low
evilbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #74
fceurich39
HackMaster
 
fceurich39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ira's Toys store
Posts: 7,720
dvd/blu-ray coming aug 16th
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #75
JGrendel
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Olds Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
dvd/blu-ray coming aug 16th
Cool, Picking it up to go in my Carpenter collection.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com