Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #46
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
I have three theatrical posters (the woman screaming version), and none of them has Savini's name covered. But I guess they did that when Savini complained. ebay has one minus Savini's name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Sheet-Poster...3A2%7C294%3A50
so is the dvd close to having a release date announced yet?
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:33 AM   #47
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
so is the dvd close to having a release date announced yet?
I hope so. I look forward to this coming out.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #48
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

I gotta say, this has been a really good year for us horror fanatics. Two films we thought would never see the light of day in an uncut special edition format (My Bloody Valentine and Nightmare) are to be released.

I think we need a new project lol. It's obvious we DO make a difference on this msg board... Code Red themselves are even a part of this thing. I'm all with Zombie Dude for getting an uncut special edition of Joe D'Amato's "Absurd" (AKA: Anthropophagus 2), an uncut Happy Birthday To Me, and Friday the 13th part 2 (I have to be honest, I could care less about part 7. But I do respect your desires for an uncut release of that as well.)

Let's get this thing fired up!!

Last edited by Shlockjock81; 12-07-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #49
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
I think we need a new project lol. It's obvious we DO make a difference on this msg board... Code Red themselves are even a part of this thing. I'm all with Zombie Dude for getting an uncut special edition of Joe D'Amato's "Absurd" (AKA: Anthropophagus 2), an uncut Happy Birthday To Me, and Friday the 13th part 2 (I have to be honest, I could care less about part 7. But I do respect your desires for an uncut release of that as well.)
I think the last thing I hear about Absurd was that the print is located in Italy and that big money is required to perches it. Still, getting it released is worth a try.
Also, Code Red don't own rights to the Friday films which means they can't release those on dvd. I have no idea who owns the rights to Happy Birthday to Me though.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #50
SickNick89
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I think the last thing I hear about Absurd was that the print is located in Italy and that big money is required to perches it. Still, getting it released is worth a try.
Also, Code Red don't own rights to the Friday films which means they can't release those on dvd. I have no idea who owns the rights to Happy Birthday to Me though.
Columbia Pictures are the most current right holders on HBTM.
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #51
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick89 View Post
Columbia Pictures are the most current right holders on HBTM.
Thanks, and its last release is OOP right?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #52
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Oh I know Code Red doesn't have the Friday films, I was just making a point that DVD companies DO look at this site, and was using Code Red as an example hehe. Though on a side note, I'd prefer Code Red's production of the Friday films on DVD over Paramount's ANYTIME lol.

I wasn't aware that Absurd cost so much money to obtain the rights for... It's by no means a masterpiece (though it IS one of my favorites).

And as far as Happy Birthday To Me goes, I'm aware of Columbia's possession of the rights... and the horribly lackluster DVD they released a couple of years ago (ugh the horror). I wish Code Red or Lionsgate could somehow pick it up...
Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #53
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Thanks, and its last release is OOP right?
yep it is OOP
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #54
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
yep it is OOP
Thought so. Maybe we will get a new release next year, I hope so anyway.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #55
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Oh I know Code Red doesn't have the Friday films, I was just making a point that DVD companies DO look at this site, and was using Code Red as an example hehe. Though on a side note, I'd prefer Code Red's production of the Friday films on DVD over Paramount's ANYTIME lol.
That's cool, and yes I agree. Paramount haven't been giving these films the best treatment.
Quote:
I wasn't aware that Absurd cost so much money to obtain the rights for... It's by no means a masterpiece (though it IS one of my favorites).
I think the main reason is because it's foreign.
Quote:
And as far as Happy Birthday To Me goes, I'm aware of Columbia's possession of the rights... and the horribly lackluster DVD they released a couple of years ago (ugh the horror). I wish Code Red or Lionsgate could somehow pick it up...
Yeah, I've heard the previous release was pretty horrible. Hopefully a better company can pick this up.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #56
RickMoe
Maniac

Quote:
Two films we thought would never see the light of day in an uncut special edition format (My Bloody Valentine and Nightmare) are to be released.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been no absolute confirmation that My Bloody Valentine is coming out uncut - nor has it been confirmed that the DVD will contain uncut gore scenes. All release materials have stated "Deleted Scenes" which could easily be further scenes of dialogue and/or action sequences.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #57
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard the previous release was pretty horrible. Hopefully a better company can pick this up.
The video transfer for Happy Birthday to Me was actually quite good. The problems with that release were of the replacement music nature.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Last edited by WesReviews; 12-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #58
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been no absolute confirmation that My Bloody Valentine is coming out uncut - nor has it been confirmed that the DVD will contain uncut gore scenes. All release materials have stated "Deleted Scenes" which could easily be further scenes of dialogue and/or action sequences.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Naw it has pretty much been confirmed. Check out Shocktillyoudrop.com etc etc. Also, read a lot of the previous posts in this thread. After all the investigating we've done, it IS the deleted gore scenes. It couldn't be anything but.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #59
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

What I loved about Code Red's BEYOND THE DOOR DVD is that the boys from Code Red were on the commentary and you could tell they knew the eras quite well.
wago70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #60
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
The video transfer for Happy Birthday to Me was actually quite good. The problems with that release were of the replacement music nature.
And the fact that the gore footage remained edited out. Each murder scene was trimmed a bit. Not as badly as My Bloody Valentine, but bad enough to piss many of us off.