Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #31
WesReviews
HackMaster

I like either of the first two posters...though kind of lean toward the second. Probably because I'm so used to seeing that artwork in connection with the film.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #32
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I have the VHS under the alternate title of 'Blood Splash' and the cover art is pretty awesome.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:22 AM   #33
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I have the VHS under the alternate title of 'Blood Splash' and the cover art is pretty awesome.

That's a cool cover. I'd buy it looking like that. I'm not liking the whole 'knife' poster.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #34
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
That's a cool cover. I'd buy it looking like that. I'm not liking the whole 'knife' poster.
Fun cover, but I can't use it. That release from Platinum was a bootleg with a bogus video generated title card BLOOD SPLASH added. Cover is owned and created by Platinum and not the property of CODE RED or the right owners.

CODE RED DVD cover will be the old theatrical poster, in keeping with our retro original covers.

Last edited by CodeRedDVd; 12-02-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #35
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
Fun cover, but I can't use it. That release from Platinum was a bootleg with a bogus video generated title card BLOOD SPLASH added. Cover is owned and created by Platinum and not the property of CODE RED or the right owners.

CODE RED DVD cover will be the old theatrical poster, in keeping with our retro original covers.
Is that the one with the woman and her arm coming out of a wall?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #36
hellraiser40
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post

funny that there is a warning on the sleeve saying that the movie contains scenes of violence, as if someone was stupid enough not to know that looking at that cover
hellraiser40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #37
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:

Loves it! Speaking of the original theatrical poster (the woman screaming version), was there ever any available without the tape covering Tom Savini's name?

Last edited by wago70; 12-03-2008 at 01:32 AM.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #38
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Personally I can't stand the Platinum video cover. Granted this film is total sleaze 'n' cheeze, but that cover is just god-awful. Hell, the woman on the front isn't even in the film. I hold it up there with the equally god-awful video cover of the guy (oddly resembling Freddy from Wes Craven's New Nightmare) coming out of the mirror.

Still, I'd kill for the one of the knife swooping down. But I'll still be happy with seeing the original theatrical poster as the cover. And MAJOR kudos to Code Red for always using the original theatrical poster!!

Also, many thanks to Wago for posting that newspaper advert for the film!! I love seeing vintage stuff like that. Makes me giddy, it does!
Shlockjock81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 AM   #39
CodeRedDVd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wago70 View Post
Loves it! Speaking of the original theatrical poster (the woman screaming version), was there ever any available without the tape covering Tom Savini's name?
I have three theatrical posters (the woman screaming version), and none of them has Savini's name covered. But I guess they did that when Savini complained. ebay has one minus Savini's name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Sheet-Poster...3A2%7C294%3A50
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #40
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Thanks! Love the film. *good times!!*
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #41
CUBANmix

wow..look at that..graduation day,final exam and nightmare..all three in theaters at the the same time..i wonder which one i wouldve chosen back in the day..lol
Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:

Just curious...but is that the same Platinum that releases unauthorized DVDs to this day? If so, they've been in business for quite a while. Surprised no one's put a stop to them, with their history of unauthorized releases.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #43
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBANmix View Post
wow..look at that..graduation day,final exam and nightmare..all three in theaters at the the same time..i wonder which one i wouldve chosen back in the day..lol
It'd be HOT if GRADUATION DAY were also a Code Red release!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #44
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Like my new avatar? ;-)
Shlockjock81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #45
WesReviews
HackMaster

Most definitely. Graduation Day had a terrible transfer on the Troma disc. Not much better than VHS, actually. I would welcome the chance to re-buy it if Code Red were to ever release it.