Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #61
f.ramses
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
I bought a DVD from someone and it wound up costing me double ($40) because I said yes when they asked if I wanted them to sign it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_angelus View Post
I picked up a Starcrash DVD from Luigi and he signed it for free, but I also had him sign my poster.
Sadly, we're talking about the same DVD from the same person here, this was after already spending $40 at his table too. Oh well... :/

Thanks for adding some pics! Got any more of Cinzia Monreale? :]

Regarding the autographs, I was actually surprised to see that Romero was only charging $25, kinda thought he'd be more than that but I'm glad he wasn't because I got some extra's I want to give as gifts someday. I was thinking about the autograph thing and maybe it's the way I come off to these people. I consider myself to be polite, I smile, say hello, and try to shake their hand but then they ask for my name as they're about to sign and I tell them but I also ask that they not personalize anything so they probably think I'm just getting their autographs to sell later on or something and that I'm probably not a fan. Some even ask why or comment that it's "worth more on ebay that way". I have to say that though, in the past people have asked for my name and personalized it before I could say anything! For some reason I just don't see the appeal of a personalized autograph, I look at ones I got in the past and they're cool but at the same time I wish I'd just asked them to sign their name!
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #62
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Sadly, we're talking about the same DVD from the same person here, this was after already spending $40 at his table too. Oh well... :/

Thanks for adding some pics! Got any more of Cinzia Monreale? :]
That sucks, sorry to hear that...both my friend and I bought starcrash and he just automatically opened both of them up and signed them for us (with no personalization...but we both had him do it on our posters). Just asked if we wanted the slipcase or the actual artwork signed.
I do have some more pix of Cinzia, but they are all on my friends camera...as soon as a get a CD of them from him I will put them up here and on facebook.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #63
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
I agree they shouldn't charge so much for your item...but it was much more reasonable this time.
I though it was cool that most celebs didn't charge you to have a picture taken with them as long as you purchased either a still shot or had your own item autographed. Last spring, Ernest Borgnine charged me $25 to have a Blu-Ray autographed and $20 to have a picture taken with him. I know the guy was an oscar winner and movie icon but that is a little steep.

It's kinda sad to see some of the celebs having no one go up to them. When I went to see Romero, everyone was lined up to see him and not the others from NOTLD. Joe Pilato had a few people around him and sounded like he was having a good time, but the guy from Land of the Dead also had nobody going up to him.

I thought the Italian Invasion was really cool. I never thought I was ever gonna meet the actors from Zombie. Overall, it was a great show this time around.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #64
f.ramses
Maniac

Quote:
I do have some more pix of Cinzia, but they are all on my friends camera...as soon as a get a CD of them from him I will put them up here and on facebook.
Cool, thanks! I really have to remember to bring my camera to these things, I think this is like the 4th or 5th convention in a row that I forgot to bring it with me! I hope that the next show is as enjoyable!

The next convention I'll be going to is Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors in June at the Javits Center, NYC. I can't say I've ever heard anything good about it and the one I went to in NYC in the mid to late 90's (I believe it was at the New Yorker Hotel back then) wasn't so great. (On the plus side, no one was paying any attention, we just walked in instead of paying (I planned on paying but, iirc, there didn't appear to be anyone to pay to get in; not bad considering this was the most expensive convention I'd seen at the time!) and no one bothered us, we were there for a few hours and saw the whole thing (screenings and all)!) :]
I figure maybe since it's at the Javits center it's improved but I guess that really doesn't mean anything. As long as I get to meet H.G. Lewis I'll be happy, been wanting to do that for the past 16 or so years and this is the first appearance I'm not hearing about after the fact! Anyone been to one of these in recent years? I think they say they haven't done it in NY for a while but they have them in other cities as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #65
zombi3
Pure Evil

Quote:
Chiller was much better this time than last, way better crowd control and much more reasonable prices...plus how many people can say that sat front row center for a Q& A with some of the biggest Italian horror stars! It was pretty amazing to have people like Al Civer and other people that I never thought in a million years I would get to meet recognizing me in the hotel throughout the weekend and stopping to chat. . I have pix of myself with all of the Euro horror folks plus others that I can't wait to see...but meanwhile here are a couple of quick shots I took at the panel...first up is Al Cliver, Michael Sopkiw, Zora Kerova, Silvia Collatina (Mae from House by the Cemetery), Cinzia Monreale....second photo is Silvia and Cinzia again, Richard Johnson, Malisa Longo, Luigi Cozzi, Ian McCulloch, Octaviano Dell'Acqua, and the person who brought the whole event together Mike Baronas.
Great pics! I was at Chiller too and I think it was definitely a better than average convention. I'm glad they did the "Italian Invasion". It was awesome to see some of my favorite actors together in one room. I just wish that I had chatted a bit more with them, but then I would have felt obligated to spend a fortune on autographs.

Last edited by zombi3; 04-21-2009 at 03:49 PM.
zombi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #66
f.ramses
Maniac

Possibly not news to some but it is to me, Dario Argento has been added to the guest list for the June Fangoria Weekend of Horrors at the Javits Center in NYC. He wasn't on the list when I bought my ticket so this is really good news to me. It's funny, I noticed this when I went to the page to get the link to email to my friend who was over earlier, while he was over we not only talked about horror conventions but I showed him my 8x10" of George Romero and Dario Argento. It was signed by Romero and I noted to him that now I have to wait for Argento to do a show and have him sign it! I gotta say, despite my low expectations I'm really looking forward to this one, first H.G. Lewis and now Argento; I've been waiting a long, long time to wait in line to pay those two to sign their names! lol
Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #67
Novosibirsk
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paff View Post
always wanted to get my echo and the bunnymen stuff signed...
looool.
Novosibirsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #68
DeathDealer
I Inhale Horror

Ok, finally returned and after getting some proper rest, can share some of my thoughts on Chiller.

Here are some of my thoughts, information, and ideas that picked up along the way:

- Ian McCulloch once had an idea of remaking Seven Samurai and wanted to set in the Medieval world. Was never able to get financial funding for it, and the project never came to be.

- Zora Kerova's favorite film she starred in is Nun of Monza.

- Richard Johnson likes Zombi 2.

- William Lustig asked me to open his Dasani water bottle, he couldn't seem to open it himself.

- Lustig mentioned that BU are doing okay. If they see a new title that sparks their interest they may still release it. Right now, he said their focused on the Blu-Ray releases.

- Kid Rock made a very odd appearance at Chiller. I think he was staying at the hotel and came as a brief attendee.

- Luigi Cozzi said Argento is currently editing Giallo in LA, and has heard from Argento that its very scary and looks very positive. Cozzi is also interested in returning to directing.

- Al Cliver asked how much I wanted for the Spanish APACHE WOMAN poster that I bought for him to sign. He really loved it and began showing it everyone in the room. I declined his offer, but was totally amazed by the fact that Al Cliver was that excited about my poster.

- Giovanni Frezza missed his continental flight, thus was unable to attend the convention.

- Cinzia Monreale likes The Beyond over Beyond the Darkness.

- Tom Savini showed up and signed with Romero throughout the weekend, on and off.

- Romero feels Del Toro is the best horror director currently working.

In all in all, it was a fantastic experience. I was able to hang out with some of the coolest Italian stars and meet some giants of Horror cinema. I definitely plan/hope to return this October...

Attached are a few pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hpim3067.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	5214   Click image for larger version

Name:	hpim3080.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	5215   Click image for larger version

Name:	hpim3081.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	5216   Click image for larger version

Name:	hpim3082.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	5217   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3111.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	5218  

My Dvd CollectioN

Top 6 Directors Of All Time (No Order) -

1. Quentin Tarantino (America) 2. Dario Argento (Italy) 3. Takashi Miike (Japan)
Ingmar Bergman (Sweden) 5. Akira Kurosawa (Japan) 6. Martin Scorsese (America)
DeathDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #69
eric_angelus
Testacular

Shit, I didn't even notice Lustig there...was he at the BU table?! I noticed Savini a few times during the weekend, he was having a late night dinner with the NOLD folk at the restraunt in the hotel on Friday night.Deathdealer looks like you were right behind me at that pannel. (thats the back of my head in pic 3)
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #70
maybrick
HackMaster

Lustig could open his water bottle perfectly well. He just wanted to make you his bitch!

I'd love to check out Chiller at some point but it's much too far away. Monstermania is going to be in Connecticut next month so I can't wait for that. I'm really bored to tears with Rock and Shock. John Saxon, the entire cast of The Evil Dead and the original Alice Cooper Group minus Alice (and Buxton, who's dead). Waa-HOO!

Last edited by maybrick; 05-08-2009 at 02:00 PM.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #71
ReelFear
Maniac

i am currently editing my video from Chiller and should be up in the coming weeks. you will see all the Italian Horror legends in there.

BTW that was definitely NOT the real Kid Rock. that lookalike is always at Chiller (see my last Chiller video and youll see this guy hanging with Freddy Krueger)
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #72
DeathDealer
I Inhale Horror

Quote:
Shit, I didn't even notice Lustig there...was he at the BU table?! I noticed Savini a few times during the weekend, he was having a late night dinner with the NOLD folk at the restraunt in the hotel on Friday night.Deathdealer looks like you were right behind me at that pannel. (thats the back of my head in pic 3)
Yep Lustig was around the convention, in and out.

My Dvd CollectioN

1. Quentin Tarantino (America) 2. Dario Argento (Italy) 3. Takashi Miike (Japan)
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #73
DeathDealer
I Inhale Horror

Here are some the signed posters:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3193.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	5220   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3195.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	5221   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3194.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	5222  

My Dvd CollectioN

Old 05-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #74
eric_angelus
Testacular

Nice stuff! It is always great to see the reaction of the celebs with cool, unusual posters like that. The first and third are Thai, correct? I good friend of mine has a pretty large collection of Thai movie posters, and alot of the con guests have never seen them before...makes for a great ice breaker!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #75
DeathDealer
I Inhale Horror

Yep, those thai posters really are great.

When I showed the DOTD poster to Romero, he said "The chained Bub looks better here than in the movie!"

Pilato loved the fact that he was asian in the poster. Claiming, "I'm THAI!, THAI!"

WICKED STuff!

My Dvd CollectioN