Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #46
SynapseFilms
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
CINEMA WASTELAND is our favorite show. Ken and Pam run an amazingly fun convention and I always have a blast. The people that attend are great, the guests are fun, the show is much more personable and the nightlife is always a hoot (I'll never forget the year the power went out and there were naked people juggling fire in the parking lot).

I cannot wait for this weekend... CINEMA WASTELAND is tops. Synapse will have some tables and we hope to see you there!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #47
ReelFear
Maniac
 
ReelFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 876
Here's my video report from Monster Mania 12. hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHp5J...e=channel_page
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #48
captain_brandon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelFear View Post
Here's my video report from Monster Mania 12. hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHp5J...e=channel_page
Awesome stuff man! I just rated it five stars and left a comment. It seem's that Fear Fest, MonsterMania and Cinema Wasteland are the highest rated of the cons. And Fango's Weekend of Horror's the most super shit over the years (or gone to shit and what have you, though I have no idea if anyone can confirm this and many have said they've always mostly been shit, or a lot better, ect). Very cool/interesting thread here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 AM   #49
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish
 
SaviniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: On the cutting room floor.
Posts: 5,505
I was able to film the Christina Lindberg Q&A at Cinema Wasteland this past weekend. Here is the nearly 50 minute Q&A broken into 10 minute chunks. Sorry about the shaky-cam as I don't have a tripod yet.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimYt6qxpg8
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Mz4ZZ221w
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17N8UF3xC4
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQH3fA_1h8
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrGwogKFxw

She was a pleasure to meet. So kind. Enjoy!!
__________________
Exercise. Eat right. Die anyway.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #50
MorallySound
There is no magic.
 
MorallySound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviniFan View Post
I was able to film the Christina Lindberg Q&A at Cinema Wasteland this past weekend. Here is the nearly 50 minute Q&A broken into 10 minute chunks. Sorry about the shaky-cam as I don't have a tripod yet.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimYt6qxpg8
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Mz4ZZ221w
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17N8UF3xC4
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQH3fA_1h8
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrGwogKFxw

She was a pleasure to meet. So kind. Enjoy!!
When I have a full hour to kill, I'll have to watch all those.
__________________
"Things only seem to be magic. There is no real magic. There's no real magic ever." - Martin

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester
 
evildeadfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,153
I have always wanted to go to a horror convention, but I, too am too cheap. I would like to go to one with Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles at the convention, but I also would go to a convention that had Bruce Campbell at the convention.
__________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep? Awaken us from our ancient slumber? You will die! Like the others before you. One by one we will take you.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #52
Grim
HackMaster
 
Grim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 7,361
I've become cheap in the past couple of years at conventions. I don't mind the $20 entry, but after that I only spend maybe an additional $50 or $60 on merch. I don't spend a dime on autographs anymore.
__________________
AIM: MrGrim132002
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #53
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
Cool vids guys. I have never been to one of these, but they look like a lot of fun!
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #54
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I've become cheap in the past couple of years at conventions. I don't mind the $20 entry, but after that I only spend maybe an additional $50 or $60 on merch. I don't spend a dime on autographs anymore.
Same with me Grim!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #55
captain_brandon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Same with me Grim!!
Same here. If I go, I would like to meet the genre celeb guests, but I honestly (and no offence) don't give two shits about having their autographs. Never saw they're appeal, myself (I mean autographs). I chouldn't see forking over cash to have a name scribble in un-readable cursive hand wrting that I'm not gonna wanna show off. Only original posters and some figures still in the box and the like would be what I'm after.

To each they're own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #56
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,592
Back in the day, autographs were $5, which included the photo. Either that, or they were free with admission to a lot of conventiions. This $20 an autograph price is bullshit. No one is worth that much! I do, however, like to go and hear the celebs at panels. I go to the cons for that and to buy crap at the dealer's room. I wish there were more cons near me, as I don't like to blow a ton of money traveling to one. The furthest I go is Orlando, which is almost 3 hours drive and then I just do a roundtrip and only spend a day at the con. Tiring, but fun! Every once in a while, there's one close to me. There's going to be one with Bruce Campbell in Miami in June. Not horror, but anime, comics, a little of everything, which is more of what I like anyway!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:31 AM   #57
f.ramses
Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: region 0
Posts: 758
Went to Chiller Theatre today and I gotta say it was probably the best Chiller Theatre I've been to in a while! It really wasn't too bad with the crowds, they had more guests I wanted to see than usual, and for the first time ever I actually talked to a few of them for a bit! I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign. Luigi Cozzi was also cool to talk to, I asked him how to pronounce "giallo" (I've never heard it said, only read it online and in print; I was getting tired of feeling like a fool every time I typed it!) and he taught me, twice. George Romero is a nice guy and he's surprisingly tall when he stands up, everyone in line was really surprised when he stood up for a picture, but he charges more to sign than anyone else, $25.
My only real complaint is not with the show itself but the guests. As nice as they were and as much as I enjoyed meeting them they charge too much for autographs! I don't mind paying you $20 for a picture and I don't really expect a break on the price if I buy a few but if I buy one you should sign a few (nothing excessive, 1 (in most cases...) to 3 items) of the items I brought for free, like everyone used to do. I also shouldn't have to pay them to sign stuff I bought from them (I bought a DVD from someone and it wound up costing me double ($40) because I said yes when they asked if I wanted them to sign it.). I guess a lot of this is my own fault though, they only charge what they charge because they know there are plenty of people like me who will just pay it and, at worst, whine about it on the internet later. :/
I wish I'd brought my camera, I always forget the damn thing when I go to things like this... :/

Last edited by f.ramses; 04-18-2009 at 06:24 AM.
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #58
Paff
Moderator
 
Paff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign/
always wanted to get my Echo and the Bunnymen stuff signed...
__________________
CINEMA PAFF - Your BB-Movie Showcase *

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #59
eric_angelus
Testacular
 
eric_angelus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 1,929
Chiller was much better this time than last, way better crowd control and much more reasonable prices...plus how many people can say that sat front row center for a Q& A with some of the biggest Italian horror stars! It was pretty amazing to have people like Al Civer and other people that I never thought in a million years I would get to meet recognizing me in the hotel throughout the weekend and stopping to chat. . I have pix of myself with all of the Euro horror folks plus others that I can't wait to see...but meanwhile here are a couple of quick shots I took at the panel...first up is Al Cliver, Michael Sopkiw, Zora Kerova, Silvia Collatina (Mae from House by the Cemetery), Cinzia Monreale....second photo is Silvia and Cinzia again, Richard Johnson, Malisa Longo, Luigi Cozzi, Ian McCulloch, Octaviano Dell'Acqua, and the person who brought the whole event together Mike Baronas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Italianhorror1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	5210   Click image for larger version

Name:	italianhorror2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5211  
__________________
"You gotta be quick...you gotta be quick with me...I'm from Erie, PA!"
On Facebook
The reason I'm in debt

Last edited by eric_angelus; 04-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #60
eric_angelus
Testacular
 
eric_angelus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Went to Chiller Theatre today and I gotta say it was probably the best Chiller Theatre I've been to in a while! It really wasn't too bad with the crowds, they had more guests I wanted to see than usual, and for the first time ever I actually talked to a few of them for a bit! I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign. Luigi Cozzi was also cool to talk to, I asked him how to pronounce "giallo" (I've never heard it said, only read it online and in print; I was getting tired of feeling like a fool every time I typed it!) and he taught me, twice. George Romero is a nice guy and he's surprisingly tall when he stands up, everyone in line was really surprised when he stood up for a picture, but he charges more to sign than anyone else, $25.
My only real complaint is not with the show itself but the guests. As nice as they were and as much as I enjoyed meeting them they charge too much for autographs! I don't mind paying you $20 for a picture and I don't really expect a break on the price if I buy a few but if I buy one you should sign a few (nothing excessive, 1 (in most cases...) to 3 items) of the items I brought for free, like everyone used to do. I also shouldn't have to pay them to sign stuff I bought from them (I bought a DVD from someone and it wound up costing me double ($40) because I said yes when they asked if I wanted them to sign it.). I guess a lot of this is my own fault though, they only charge what they charge because they know there are plenty of people like me who will just pay it and, at worst, whine about it on the internet later. :/
I wish I'd brought my camera, I always forget the damn thing when I go to things like this... :/
I agree they shouldn't charge so much for your item...but it was much more reasonable this time. At the last one, alot (ie Leslie Nielson, Angie Dickinson, etc) of them were actually charging more for your own item! I only bought a few items from the celebrities. I picked up a Starcrash DVD from Luigi and he signed it for free, but I also had him sign my poster. I also picked up 8 by 10s from some of the Italian people that I did not have a poster for, and from Tippi Hedren. It was nice to see the prices much more uniform this time...the only people who were more were George and Tippi Hedren for me. I said the same thing about George being tall...I guess I have never seen him in person standing up before.
__________________
"You gotta be quick...you gotta be quick with me...I'm from Erie, PA!"
On Facebook
The reason I'm in debt
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com