Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #46
SynapseFilms

CINEMA WASTELAND is our favorite show. Ken and Pam run an amazingly fun convention and I always have a blast. The people that attend are great, the guests are fun, the show is much more personable and the nightlife is always a hoot (I'll never forget the year the power went out and there were naked people juggling fire in the parking lot).

I cannot wait for this weekend... CINEMA WASTELAND is tops. Synapse will have some tables and we hope to see you there!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #47
ReelFear
Maniac

Here's my video report from Monster Mania 12. hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHp5J...e=channel_page
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #48
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelFear View Post
Here's my video report from Monster Mania 12. hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHp5J...e=channel_page
Awesome stuff man! I just rated it five stars and left a comment. It seem's that Fear Fest, MonsterMania and Cinema Wasteland are the highest rated of the cons. And Fango's Weekend of Horror's the most super shit over the years (or gone to shit and what have you, though I have no idea if anyone can confirm this and many have said they've always mostly been shit, or a lot better, ect). Very cool/interesting thread here.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 AM   #49
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

I was able to film the Christina Lindberg Q&A at Cinema Wasteland this past weekend. Here is the nearly 50 minute Q&A broken into 10 minute chunks. Sorry about the shaky-cam as I don't have a tripod yet.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimYt6qxpg8
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Mz4ZZ221w
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17N8UF3xC4
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQH3fA_1h8
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrGwogKFxw

She was a pleasure to meet. So kind. Enjoy!!

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #50
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviniFan View Post
I was able to film the Christina Lindberg Q&A at Cinema Wasteland this past weekend. Here is the nearly 50 minute Q&A broken into 10 minute chunks. Sorry about the shaky-cam as I don't have a tripod yet.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimYt6qxpg8
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Mz4ZZ221w
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17N8UF3xC4
Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQH3fA_1h8
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrGwogKFxw

She was a pleasure to meet. So kind. Enjoy!!
When I have a full hour to kill, I'll have to watch all those.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I have always wanted to go to a horror convention, but I, too am too cheap. I would like to go to one with Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles at the convention, but I also would go to a convention that had Bruce Campbell at the convention.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #52
Grim
HackMaster

I've become cheap in the past couple of years at conventions. I don't mind the $20 entry, but after that I only spend maybe an additional $50 or $60 on merch. I don't spend a dime on autographs anymore.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #53
spawningblue
Deadite

Cool vids guys. I have never been to one of these, but they look like a lot of fun!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #54
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I've become cheap in the past couple of years at conventions. I don't mind the $20 entry, but after that I only spend maybe an additional $50 or $60 on merch. I don't spend a dime on autographs anymore.
Same with me Grim!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #55
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Same with me Grim!!
Same here. If I go, I would like to meet the genre celeb guests, but I honestly (and no offence) don't give two shits about having their autographs. Never saw they're appeal, myself (I mean autographs). I chouldn't see forking over cash to have a name scribble in un-readable cursive hand wrting that I'm not gonna wanna show off. Only original posters and some figures still in the box and the like would be what I'm after.

To each they're own.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #56
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Back in the day, autographs were $5, which included the photo. Either that, or they were free with admission to a lot of conventiions. This $20 an autograph price is bullshit. No one is worth that much! I do, however, like to go and hear the celebs at panels. I go to the cons for that and to buy crap at the dealer's room. I wish there were more cons near me, as I don't like to blow a ton of money traveling to one. The furthest I go is Orlando, which is almost 3 hours drive and then I just do a roundtrip and only spend a day at the con. Tiring, but fun! Every once in a while, there's one close to me. There's going to be one with Bruce Campbell in Miami in June. Not horror, but anime, comics, a little of everything, which is more of what I like anyway!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:31 AM   #57
f.ramses
Maniac

Went to Chiller Theatre today and I gotta say it was probably the best Chiller Theatre I've been to in a while! It really wasn't too bad with the crowds, they had more guests I wanted to see than usual, and for the first time ever I actually talked to a few of them for a bit! I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign. Luigi Cozzi was also cool to talk to, I asked him how to pronounce "giallo" (I've never heard it said, only read it online and in print; I was getting tired of feeling like a fool every time I typed it!) and he taught me, twice. George Romero is a nice guy and he's surprisingly tall when he stands up, everyone in line was really surprised when he stood up for a picture, but he charges more to sign than anyone else, $25.
My only real complaint is not with the show itself but the guests. As nice as they were and as much as I enjoyed meeting them they charge too much for autographs! I don't mind paying you $20 for a picture and I don't really expect a break on the price if I buy a few but if I buy one you should sign a few (nothing excessive, 1 (in most cases...) to 3 items) of the items I brought for free, like everyone used to do. I also shouldn't have to pay them to sign stuff I bought from them (I bought a DVD from someone and it wound up costing me double ($40) because I said yes when they asked if I wanted them to sign it.). I guess a lot of this is my own fault though, they only charge what they charge because they know there are plenty of people like me who will just pay it and, at worst, whine about it on the internet later. :/
I wish I'd brought my camera, I always forget the damn thing when I go to things like this... :/

Last edited by f.ramses; 04-18-2009 at 06:24 AM.
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #58
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign/
always wanted to get my Echo and the Bunnymen stuff signed...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #59
eric_angelus
Testacular

Chiller was much better this time than last, way better crowd control and much more reasonable prices...plus how many people can say that sat front row center for a Q& A with some of the biggest Italian horror stars! It was pretty amazing to have people like Al Civer and other people that I never thought in a million years I would get to meet recognizing me in the hotel throughout the weekend and stopping to chat. . I have pix of myself with all of the Euro horror folks plus others that I can't wait to see...but meanwhile here are a couple of quick shots I took at the panel...first up is Al Cliver, Michael Sopkiw, Zora Kerova, Silvia Collatina (Mae from House by the Cemetery), Cinzia Monreale....second photo is Silvia and Cinzia again, Richard Johnson, Malisa Longo, Luigi Cozzi, Ian McCulloch, Octaviano Dell'Acqua, and the person who brought the whole event together Mike Baronas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Italianhorror1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	5210   Click image for larger version

Name:	italianhorror2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5211  

Last edited by eric_angelus; 04-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #60
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Went to Chiller Theatre today and I gotta say it was probably the best Chiller Theatre I've been to in a while! It really wasn't too bad with the crowds, they had more guests I wanted to see than usual, and for the first time ever I actually talked to a few of them for a bit! I met Ian McCulloch, Luigi Cozzi, Zora Kerowa, Cinzia Monreale, and George Romero. Ian McCulloch seemed very friendly, I chatted and he joked around about the tape I had him sign. Luigi Cozzi was also cool to talk to, I asked him how to pronounce "giallo" (I've never heard it said, only read it online and in print; I was getting tired of feeling like a fool every time I typed it!) and he taught me, twice. George Romero is a nice guy and he's surprisingly tall when he stands up, everyone in line was really surprised when he stood up for a picture, but he charges more to sign than anyone else, $25.
My only real complaint is not with the show itself but the guests. As nice as they were and as much as I enjoyed meeting them they charge too much for autographs! I don't mind paying you $20 for a picture and I don't really expect a break on the price if I buy a few but if I buy one you should sign a few (nothing excessive, 1 (in most cases...) to 3 items) of the items I brought for free, like everyone used to do. I also shouldn't have to pay them to sign stuff I bought from them (I bought a DVD from someone and it wound up costing me double ($40) because I said yes when they asked if I wanted them to sign it.). I guess a lot of this is my own fault though, they only charge what they charge because they know there are plenty of people like me who will just pay it and, at worst, whine about it on the internet later. :/
I wish I'd brought my camera, I always forget the damn thing when I go to things like this... :/
I agree they shouldn't charge so much for your item...but it was much more reasonable this time. At the last one, alot (ie Leslie Nielson, Angie Dickinson, etc) of them were actually charging more for your own item! I only bought a few items from the celebrities. I picked up a Starcrash DVD from Luigi and he signed it for free, but I also had him sign my poster. I also picked up 8 by 10s from some of the Italian people that I did not have a poster for, and from Tippi Hedren. It was nice to see the prices much more uniform this time...the only people who were more were George and Tippi Hedren for me. I said the same thing about George being tall...I guess I have never seen him in person standing up before.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote