Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #196
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I just got back home from both Cinema Wasteland and Shock Stock, which I've been to previously. Wasteland was a little slower this year, but Shock Stock had about 3x as many people through this year which was fantastic (because I actually know the people who run this one and was a volunteer). Personally, I prefer the smaller cons, which both of these are, as you can much more easily speak with and socialize with the guests. Plus the smaller shows seem more like a "family" rather than the Comic Con-esque shows that seem to just want to charge you an arm and a leg for anything and everything. I used to go to the FanExpo show in Toronto for the Festival of Fear portion, but stopped going in 2010 because of it becoming inflated and overcrowded and really no fun at all. Those are the only three horror conventions I've been to so can't comment on HorrorHound Weekend or Texas Frightmare or Chiller.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #197
Cannibal Chris
Victim

The only "serious" con I've been to has been Texas Frightmare Weekend, I've never had a bad experience there. While it does get bigger every year you still manage to see a lot of the same faces, there are certainly a core group of people and vendors who are there every year which is nice. Honestly your best bet is deciding if you want to go to a con that's close to you or your state, or if you don't mind driving/flying a bit. Then just narrow is down to the line up you most prefer. You might also check out youtube videos and their facebook page to get a feel of how things are ran, general mood/vibe of the con.

www.cannibalreviews.com
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #198
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock View Post
I didn't manage to read all the posts, but I was wondering if you guys could suggest a couple good convention ideas. I have never been to a horror convention, but had a lot of fun attending the 40th anniv of Star Trek in Vegas summer of '06. I guess it would partly depend on who's attending, and I realize there are a lot of horror conventions to choose from, but would appreciate some ideas as I plan to attend one next year. Doesn't matter if its in Canada or the USA.
http://www.monstermania.net/#

I'm going to try and get to both (depending on the guests).
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #199
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
http://www.monstermania.net/#

I'm going to try and get to both (depending on the guests).
Thanks for the link! The Cherry Hill NJ got my attention in particular, but of course it'll depend on the guests. The Texas Frightmare weekend has a great list of guests for this year too!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv

Last edited by mlock; 04-19-2013 at 12:24 PM.
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #200
myhorror
Victim

Going to this next month near Syracuse. It's only the 2nd year for this convention so I'm not sure how well it runs. I was really excited for Felissa Rose but she recently cancelled.

http://scareacon.com/
myhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #201
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I'm back to Cinema Wasteland next weekend, and then Shock Stock in London, ON the weekend after. Anyone else attending either?

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #202
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

I'll be at Cinema Wasteland. I rarely miss a show. Pretty damn good line up this time around.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote