Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

I Drink Your Blood DVD

I ordered a copy of I Drink Your Blood at work last week, thinking it was going to be the current Grindhouse Releasing DVD. Instead, I got the older Fangoria / MTI version from 2004, without any Grinhouse logos on it. Are both DVDs identical? I'd like to own the Grindhouse one but I'll settle for this one if they're the same transfer, extras, etc.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Completely identical, I'm pretty sure. Great purchase, by the way!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wago70 View Post
Completely identical, I'm pretty sure. Great purchase, by the way!
Thanks for the info!

Part of me wants the Grindhouse one since they do so few releases but I'm not going to be that anal this time. Plus, it would be a pain to get an RA# to return it, ship it back and then try and get them to send me the other one.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

Old 07-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I would only suggest the Grindhouse one that was signed by members of the cast and, I think, the director. It was very limited...but if you can find it, go for it.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
RyanPC

The Grindhouse release was a limited edition. The Fangoria disc is more recent but it is exactly the same and cheaper.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPC View Post
The Grindhouse release was a limited edition. The Fangoria disc is more recent but it is exactly the same and cheaper.
Yeah, I have the original Grindhouse disc. They only made 800 total (500 signed, 300 unsigned), so good luck finding one. And yes, the Fangoria disc is exactly the same, except it has the Fango logo on it and it's a re-release. Exactly the same disc content.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

I got a signed one on Ebay for $13 shipped. Guess the seller (who ran a pawn shop) didn't know.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #8
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Yeah, I have the original Grindhouse disc. They only made 800 total (500 signed, 300 unsigned), so good luck finding one. And yes, the Fangoria disc is exactly the same, except it has the Fango logo on it and it's a re-release. Exactly the same disc content.
When was the Limited Edition released? Every source I can find has the Fangoria disc being released 11/16/2004 and the Grindhouse Release on 10/31/2006. The Grindhouse disc is everywhere. I've seen it at Best Buy, Newbury Comics and several other retailers and it's readily available on the 'net. Did Grindhouse do a limited release, hand the film to Fangoria and then re-release it themselves later on? The Grindhouse one seems to be the one currently in production.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #9
RyanPC

I guess that must be what happened! Color me confused.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Netflix sends out the Grindhouse release, FYI. It's great, although it's good to hear there is an identical version available for cheap.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Hoping someone might be able to help me, just because there are so many different versions of this movie out there.

I had never seen this movie before, but last year they had a theatrical screening and I decided it was time. I was kicking myself for waiting so long to see it, but at the same time, being able to see it first on the big screen was a real treat. I loved it.

Anyway, I just picked up a used DVD for really cheap, and I'm curious as to which version I got. I did some research, and from what I've gathered, it was originally released by Grindhouse releasing in 2002. Then it went out of print and Fangoria re-released it in 2004. Then that one went out of print, and Grindhouse re-released it in 2006. And I think there is also some cheap bootleg / public domain version floating around too.

I'm pretty sure I got the 2002 Grindhouse release. Deluxe Uncensored Director's Cut. Spine # BOS 002. UPC: 797679000225. Unrated. 83 Minutes. Grindhouse Releasing / Ryko Distribution. Copyright 2002 Box Office Spectaculars. Disc also reads 2002 Box Office Spectaculars, but doesn't mention Grindhouse Releasing.

My big question: Is there any difference between this one and the newer versions? It looks like this one already has a bunch of extras.

Was also curious if this release originally came with any inserts. Mine didn't have any. If it did, I'm not that worried about it. Just curious.

Thanks in advance for the help / knowledge.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Angelman
HackMaster

I'll try to remember to check when I get home - I have the original release that was signed (plus some other goodies they gave out at the New Beverly screening David Durston and Lynn Lowry attended!).

Last edited by Angelman; 02-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #13
Angelman
HackMaster

Mine was the limited 500 signed version. No UPC. Spine BOS 002. I believe it came with an insert signed by Lynn Lowry and a fold-out poster thing w/ a history of the movie and chapter break info.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I'm pretty sure I got the 2002 Grindhouse release. Deluxe Uncensored Director's Cut. Spine # BOS 002. UPC: 797679000225. Unrated. 83 Minutes. Grindhouse Releasing / Ryko Distribution. Copyright 2002 Box Office Spectaculars. Disc also reads 2002 Box Office Spectaculars, but doesn't mention Grindhouse Releasing.
I don't believe the original pressing was distributed for Grindhouse through Ryko Distribution. It's probably their reprint.

It also included the items Angelman has which may or may not tag along with a used item.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 AM   #15
Angelman
HackMaster

X-Human is correct, I think I had to send money to them and it came through the mail, so no Ryko distrib, if memory serves.