Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #61
JGrendel
HackMaster

I think Synapse just became my new best friend
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #62
Steel76
Maniac

It definitely feels like Synapse is taking over the throne from Blue-Underground as the kings of cultfilms on the format
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #63
X-human
I ate my keys

I'll get all three I'm sure but Frankenhooker is the one I'm most excited about. Glad to see Synapse reveal this now so people don't go ape for the Arrow disc for Maniac Cop. May had referenced it before but nothing official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
All these releases are great, but still no word on Twins of Evil, eh?
I had thought Hands of the Ripper was coming first for some reason but in a new interview on Fangoria shows I've got them flip flopped:
Quote:
And the extras for TWINS OF EVIL are being completed by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures’ Daniel Griffith; I know a lot of people are waiting for that one, and we’d like to have that out in November or December, also as a Blu-ray/DVD combo.
http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...ews&Itemid=167

So that's excellent news. At this rate we won't have Hands of the Ripper until 12/12 though.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 AM   #64
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Ah great news indeed. Twins of Evil is one of my most anticipated BD releases.

I'm interested in how Synapse will treat the Frankenhooker BD. I thought Unearthed Films did a pretty satisfactory job on the DVD (decent transfer, commentary, and interviews), so here's hoping Synapse ups the ante.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #65
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I already own Maniac Cop and Frankenhooker, but I will consider upgrading if the price is right.

On the "Coming Soon" link, I was kind of bummed to see that Frat House Massacre will be released on DVD only. I had a blast with the filmmakers previous film Camp Slaughter, and I've been really looking forward to this one.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #66
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I already own Maniac Cop and Frankenhooker, but I will consider upgrading if the price is right.

On the "Coming Soon" link, I was kind of bummed to see that Frat House Massacre will be released on DVD only. I had a blast with the filmmakers previous film Camp Slaughter, and I've been really looking forward to this one.
yeah, i'm looking forward to frat house massacre too
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #67
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Same here. I loved Camp Slaughter, and have Frat House Massacre on pre-order. I just wish it was coming to Blu too!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #68
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Same here. I loved Camp Slaughter, and have Frat House Massacre on pre-order. I just wish it was coming to Blu too!
So your excited over Frat House Massacre which has been shelfed for over 3 years?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #69
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Camp Slaughter was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. I'll be avoiding Frat House Massacre.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #70
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

Alright, where's the Christmas Evil and Deadbeat at Dawn Blu-rays?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #71
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

By now, we all know The Exterminator is coming, but blu-ray.com just announced a date of September 13th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Alright, where's the Christmas Evil and Deadbeat at Dawn Blu-rays?
I believe Dark Sky still owns Deadbeat At Dawn.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #72
X-human
I ate my keys

Blu-ray.com has been posting a lot of just plain false news over the past few months, so I have my doubts. Can anyone find another source for the announcement?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #73
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Blu-ray.com has been posting a lot of just plain false news over the past few months, so I have my doubts. Can anyone find another source for the announcement?
The Exterminator Blu-ray you mean? Synapse lists it on their website and it's also up for pre-order at Amazon.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #74
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The Exterminator Blu-ray you mean? Synapse lists it on their website and it's also up for pre-order at Amazon.
Yeah but Synapse's site still doesn't show a release date. My first search on Amazon turned up nothing but after a better search now I see they list the 9/13 release date which is fantastic.

I figured all three releases were due in 2012, now I'm hoping to get'em before Twins of Evil! Sweet!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #75
X-human
I ate my keys

Via Fangoria:
Quote:
May confirmed that Synapse has picked up COUNTESS DRACULA, the 1971 erotic vampire opus directed by Peter Sasdy and starring the late Ingrid Pitt. “We just got the HD master from MGM,” May tells Fango, adding that the COUNTESS release will follow TWINS OF EVIL, coming this November or December, and HANDS OF THE RIPPER, out mid-next year.

In addition, May reveals to us that Synapse has acquired AT MIDNIGHT I’LL TAKE YOUR SOUL and THIS NIGHT I’LL POSSESS YOUR CORPSE, the first two films by José Mojica Marins featuring his Zé do Caixao/Coffin Joe character. Having previously issued the Coffin Joe revival movie EMBODIMENT OF EVIL, the company will bring us new releases of those earlier features with extras ported over from the previous Portuguese DVD boxed set.
http://fangoria.com/index.php?option...ews&Itemid=167

Excellent news. Hopefully for Countess Dracula they'll transfer the alternate Network UK commentary with Kim Newman, Stephen Jones and Ingrid Pitt. I recently watched it again soon after Pitt's death and enjoyed it much more that before. That it will come sooner rather than later is also a boon. Synapse has gone from frustrating me with a lack of releases to frustrating me with a girth of releases for which I must splurge.

I also hope Coffin Joe will be on Blu-ray. I know it was shot on trims, that there's no negative to speak of, and what remains is perhaps more adhesive tape than film stock, but damn it I would love to have that as film like as possible.