Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #226
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

Slaughter High

I already own Slaughter High on VHS, but a video store by me has like three copies on sale...is this rare enough to go out and but these extra tapes?

At another place I recently picked up a copy of Savage Streets which was awesome...anybody seen that one?
toiletflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #227
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletflush View Post
I already own Slaughter High on VHS, but a video store by me has like three copies on sale...is this rare enough to go out and but these extra tapes?

At another place I recently picked up a copy of Savage Streets which was awesome...anybody seen that one?

Are they uncut? The uncut versions are hard to find. I've seen the R-rated ones everywhere.
I love Savage Streets! It's great trash. The rape scene with a young looking Linnea Quigley was kinda disturbing. I have a special place in my heart for 80's "revenge" movies, even the truly inept ones. God bless 'em!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #228
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

Damn, the video store with the copies of Slaughter High closed! Don't you hate that shit? Like right when you're finally getting yourself all hyped up to pick something up, and WHAM, the store is closed. Sucked.

But I did go to a different video store by me, and picked up five more VHS tapes. Here is my treasure for the day:

-8 Million Ways to Die (Jeff Bridges, never seen it, but I heard it's a tight 80's crime thriller with grisly ass violence. Not on DVD).

-Trick or Treat (I know it's on DVD, but I've never seen it, and the box art was pretty cool).

-Love and Bullets (Old Bronson flick not on DVD. Heard mixed things, but I'll watch anything with Bronson).

-Ghost Warrior (about a Samurai who is stuck in ice, and gets melted out, only to find himself in the 1980's! Sounds too good to be true, I hope it's at least a fun one. Although the back of the box exclaims "Action Thrills From the Makers of Troll!" which could mean bad things, good things, or good bad things.

-And my favorite find, King of the Kickboxers! I've been waiting forever to see this flick! Apparently Billy Blanks is a kickboxing Snuff filmmaker, and Loren Avedon goes undercover to beat his ass. Sounds like VHS heaven to me.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #229
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

And just to add a shameless plug for my friends...the internet web-series "TV FACE" is actually about a VHS collector who comes across a super-rare video nasty that has supernatural forces looking for it. The site is www.tvface.tv and the first two episodes are up. Check it out if you're into collecting old VHS tapes...or don't, it's up to you.

Hey Mark, besides Savage Streets, what are some of your other favorite 80's revenge flicks?

I love all of the Death Wish sequels (and of course the original), and lots of other over the top CANNON productions. Maybe they're not exactly just revenge flicks, but Class of 1984, and Class of 1999 also rule.

Speaking of CANNON, I came across some VHS tapes of "Michael Dudikoff Presents" and it was like an "Action Theater" series, and the movies ranged from commando-type films by Joe D'Amato, to bargain bin ninja flicks. Anybody know if these are rare? I haven't seen them anywhere else...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #230
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

Post Toiletflush

Favorite 80's Vigilante/Revenge Movies:

1. Ms. 45

2. Vigilante

3. The Exterminator- Hell, I even like the craptastic sequel. It goes down smooth with a couple of beers.

4. 10 Till Midnight- It's more of a sleazy slasher, but I love how Bronson fucks with the perverted killer.

5. Wired to Kill- Thugs fuck up a computer wiz's family and he gets revenge by using a remote control robot, a spring loaded blade in a motorcycle seat, tampered drugs that cause a foamy death, etc. Beer is essential for viewing.

6. The Annihilators- This poor excuse for an action movie makes Death Wish 3 look like an oscar winner. Has to be seen to be believed! You better raid the liquor store before watching this sorry mess!

I've always wanted to see this movie. Looks like it has a great cast- Ernest Borgnine, Richard Roundtree, Lynda Day George, Linnea Quigley, etc. I'll be getting the video soon. Can't wait!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #231
YottNik
Pay the price!

Quote:
Looks like it's too late but anyway...

I picked up two copies of Slaughter High uncut off eBay this year. I paid ten bucks for one and three for other. So it really varies.

"Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves." -- Peart

"They call me Slick."
YottNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #232
booper71
HackMaster

I haven't been able to locate Cannibal Hobos or Maniac Attacks yet.
booper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 AM   #233
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Relford View Post
Favorite 80's Vigilante/Revenge Movies:

4. 10 Till Midnight- It's more of a sleazy slasher, but I love how Bronson fucks with the perverted killer.
Great movie!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #234
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

Booper71, did you like the poster art on those? They got a pretty cool artist to re-create the 80's era sleazy horror boxes.

Hey Mark, I just spotted Wired to Kill to buy for like 4 bucks. Is that worth it? Sounds pretty cool...

There were some cool-looking Gary Busey movies for sale as well, like this movie "Let's Get Harry," which looked like a Missing in Action kind of thing.

I also recently picked up "TerrorVision," which was a lot of stupid fun.

And yes, 10 to Midnight is amazing...Bronson yelling about "Jerking Off" is hilarious.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 AM   #235
Mark Relford
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
Hey Mark, I just spotted Wired to Kill to buy for like 4 bucks. Is that worth it? Sounds pretty cool...

There were some cool-looking Gary Busey movies for sale as well, like this movie "Let's Get Harry," which looked like a Missing in Action kind of thing.

I also recently picked up "TerrorVision," which was a lot of stupid fun.

And yes, 10 to Midnight is amazing...Bronson yelling about "Jerking Off" is hilarious.

It's worth $4 if you like moldy cheese. (sorry, Hellbilly!) It's also very hard to find. Most Lightning videos are in my experience. Do you have many mom n' pop video stores left in your area? There's zilch in Indy. I have to rely on flea markets for my fix... And they usually keep the good shit for e-bay.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #236
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

There's a good batch around me, but a lot of them have closed!

I went to another one today, and the guy just decided not to open the store today. And I could see the videos on sale through the window for $1.99...you can bet I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Anything else you can recommend me looking out for?

I think I'll definitely pick up Wired to Kill...

Some video stores don't have stuff on sale, but you can still buy a tape from them for under 10$ if you ask. I did that for The Burning, and Night of the Creeps.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #237
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
I think I'll definitely pick up Wired to Kill...
I'd also recommend it for trashy 80's sci-fi/apocalyptic fans. I picked it up at Hastings for a buck or two when they were closing out all of their old VHS rentals.

Plus it has Emily Longstreth in it! She wasn't ever in too many films, but she was memorable.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #238
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

Tight, thanks for the recommendation.

Last night I watched another 80's horror flick called "The Brain" that I picked up on VHS for 2 Bucks.

Only got halfway through, but it's been fun so far....*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

A giant Brain stalks and kills teenagers after David Gale exposes them to some weird transmission. The opening scene where the Brain throws a girl out a window is frickin' hilarious!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 AM   #239
toiletflush
Screamy Bopper

I picked up 6 more tapes today at that video store, which was finally open.

I got:

Badge of the Assassin: I didn't realize this was a TV movie but oh well. Looks like a pretty cool James Woods cop drama.

The Rosary Murders: Pretty cool-looking serial killer movie with Donald Sutherland. I think the Killer goes after nuns and priests.

Busted Up: Looks like a run-of-the-mill Canadian boxing movie.

Fire With Fire: An 80's teen movie, that apparently has a huge cult following. I think it's pretty hard to find, but not sure. Look like a romeo and juliet thing with dance numbers and maybe a gun or two. Has Craig Sheffer and Virgina Madsen.

Instant Justice: A Michael Pare action movie that I heard was awful...and awesome.

Goodnight, God Bless: This one looks like fun. A horror movie where a priest is a serial killer...and maybe a vampire? I heard it opens with a guy killing a bunch of children and teachers...which sounds like something you would never see now in a movie.

I'll let everybody know how these turn out. Has anybody seen these?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #240
Bad_Ronald_1983
Stalker

Quote:
I picked up 6 more tapes today at that video store, which was finally open.

I got:

The Rosary Murders: Pretty cool-looking serial killer movie with Donald Sutherland. I think the Killer goes after nuns and priests.
?
Good find on this one. It's a good thriller. Interesting twist to the genre, and has some creepy moments, along with a good amount of suspense.
Bad_Ronald_1983 is offline   Reply With Quote