Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #31
bwana the clown
Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
and even got a cookbook by mistake, which they also let me keep.
It wasn't a big fat russian cookbook, was it????? I ordered one once and got a tiny little book on economics instead. I sent it back but it took a really long time to get a refund because they said they never received it.

But that was a long time ago and they've since done right by me - quickly sending a second Tenebre CD after the one I got was defective - and even sending me a complimentary Amazon travel mug one Xmas - so all is forgiven.

Visit us on Facebook
bwana the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:52 PM   #32
JW77
Support Halliburton

My only gripe with Amazon is that their packaging sucks. They tend to ship DVDs to me in cardboard wrap-arounds, which insures that digipaks/boxed sets will arrive crushed or dented. Doesn't matter if they're shipped UPS or Post Office, the packages will have the shit beat out of them by the time they get to my porch.

My other bitch is that they charge me sales tax, but that's because Kansas never met a tax it didn't like. Which is strange because it's about as red of a state as you can find. So not only are we full of religious fanatics, AND get hit with taxes every time you turn around. (Can't really lay this at Amazon's feet; they have a warehouse here, so the assholes that run my state make them charge sales tax.)
"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others." -- Harry J. Anslinger, first commissioner of the United States Bureau of Narcotics
JW77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #33
badnewsbrown

Last edited by badnewsbrown; 08-23-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #34
dmeister
Maniac

Yeah, I finally gave Amazon.com the boot, myself, and I used to spend thousands of dollars a year with them.

What I love is when you order something that they have listed as "In Stock - Usually ships within 24 Hours," and two days later when you check to see what the delay is they have an "expected" date of like two weeks later.

I use Barnes and Noble for just about everything now.

dmeister
dmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #35
dmeister
Maniac

Quote:
My other bitch is that they charge me sales tax, but that's because Kansas never met a tax it didn't like
Yeah, I love that one, too. I don't think it's even legal to collect sales tax on an interstate purchase unless the company resides in your state. In any event, I'd be surprised if any of those taxes actually make it to Kansas.

dmeister
dmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 05:22 AM   #36
kyouki

I usually order from Buy.com over Amazon.com, especially for music cds as Buy.com 90% of the time is cheaper. I don't order DVDs from anywhere but Deep Discount.

Anyway, the only bad experience I ever had with Amazon was actually with Toys R Us, which is an affiliate of Amazon or something. I ordered 3 PS2 games during a "Buy 2, get 1 free" sale back in November. All three games were listed as in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours. A week later I got an email saying that the delivery estimate would be around mid January 2006!

Anyway, I ended up getting them in early December, so it turned out not to be too bad at all. Unfortunately all three games were pretty lousy and I sold them soon after. Since one was free, I ended up making money though!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:41 PM   #37
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouki
I usually order from Buy.com over Amazon.com, especially for music cds as Buy.com 90% of the time is cheaper. I don't order DVDs from anywhere but Deep Discount.

Anyway, the only bad experience I ever had with Amazon was actually with Toys R Us, which is an affiliate of Amazon or something.

Anyway, I ended up getting them in early December, so it turned out not to be too bad at all. Unfortunately all three games were pretty lousy and I sold them soon after. Since one was free, I ended up making money though!
You call that you "only bad experience"?

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 AM   #38
Dave
Pimp

I did a lot of my Xmas shopping through Amazon this year. I had an overall good experience. On one order they did not gift wrap the items, which I requested - and paid for. They were quick to refund the $ after an email, however. I even used them to drop ship items to my nieces in Nevada - all of whom got the presents before the estimated dated.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #39
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Sorry to dig up and dust off such an old thread, but has anyone else noticed a serious degradation of Amazons service lately? Shipping has increased over a dollar, rarely does anything I pre-order actually ship on release day anymore. I used to get my orders in two to three days tops, now it seems like everything takes over a week. Is this their way of getting everyone to sign up for their Prime bullshit? Not to mention that a couple of people who I know that signed up for Prime said it really isn't that much faster. Prime makes such a big deal about new releases being on your doorstep on the actual release day? That's how the service should be for everyone! I would always have my orders shipped the day of release and get them in about two days, now they don't even ship the new releases until two days later. I'm done with them, it's Diabolik DVD for me from here on out. Those guys are great. I ordered the new Street Trash blu-ray last night and it shipped out this morning. That's customer service! They may be a couple of dollars more on occasion, but I have no problem giving my money to the people who actually give a shit about their customers.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 07-09-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Mikey Horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #40
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Except for some preorders, I stopped using them due to the shipping increase.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Amazon Prime?

I have a membership and haven't noticed anything different. In fact I thought its gotten better,...they even gave me free Sat. shipping a couple of times.

You're gonna use Diabolik for EVERY release?...eesh that's gonna get expensive. You might as well just fork over some cash for a Prime membership.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #42
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

My Prime membership expires this week. I've got all my Scream Factory blu-rays pre-ordered through October, so even though I don't have Prime anymore I should still get release date delivery on them. But yeah, unless you have a Prime membership, they're not too great.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #43
buck135
The Duke of New York

I have noticed that their shipping dates have become more erratic. Lately, there have been so many films I have preordered that I am unaware of their release dates. I like that should the price drop, then shoot back up ad nauseum that I get the lowest price when it ships. I'm content to get 'em when I get 'em. Now the Playstation 4 on the other hand had better be here day one.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #44
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Probably 60% of the things in my house are from Amazon (in fact the keyboard I'm typing on is). I have a Prime membership and it's great. Since I order so much and stream it's definitely worth it.

If you ever wanted to feel like you're getting your money's worth out of your Prime account just order a safe. Hundreds of pounds delivered to your doorstep with free shipping!
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #45
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
Probably 60% of the things in my house are from Amazon (in fact the keyboard I'm typing on is). I have a Prime membership and it's great. Since I order so much and stream it's definitely worth it.

If you ever wanted to feel like you're getting your money's worth out of your Prime account just order a safe. Hundreds of pounds delivered to your doorstep with free shipping!
So true...I ordered a dog cage, ice shanty, mailbox...all free shipping, and all quite a bit cheaper than at a brick morter store.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote